ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The seized valver, advice plz

Foz

slammed clio mk1
Hi guys right my mate Ingram from here has had a look for me this afternoon. Took the rocker cover off and the belt still seems tight round the cam pulleys. Had a look at the bottom behind the driverside wheel but couldnt see much as it was pouring with rain and getting dark. Could the oil pump have failed causing one of the cylinders to lock up? Could the banging noise I heard be the cylinder smashing about with no oil? Hopefully going to use the megane BE with my valver head if possible. Do you think the valver head will be ok? Thanks guys, Rob.

Take the plugs out see if thier covered in oil, if they are the b/e will be fucked, you can use the valver head with the megane bottom end, williams head would be better though..

ive got one for sale, complete, skimmed new seals £150

www.renparts.co.uk
sounds like this could be the case.... if the oil pump has failed. for me the best bet is to get another valver engine and put a new cam belt in it (for peace of mind if nothing else) and fit it in the car. Get an engine hoist off ebay and some basic tools and with some mechanical knowledge its a breeze. Swapping like for like if definitely the best option. both for reselling and insurance.. i think you could put a new engine in and cambelt for around 200 quid if you drop on a decent engine.