ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Red Arrows

Well as it's the summer, they're out and about again! :D Ian photographed them a few weeks ago and I think Paul is going to see them tomorrow, so here is my few.

Not that happy with them really. I thought 300mm would get me closer, they didn't fly as low as they did last year :( Plus the sun made it really difficult as they were flying directly infront of it. So adjusting expose etc was pointless, just tried to find a balance. I haven't even attempted to edit them. So other than the b/w version, they're all straight from the camera.

Anyway..

3800138033_703cdb3abb_b.jpg

3800133419_8d4fea56e5_b.jpg

3800950806_9b9ec2b059_b.jpg

3800127789_ba6ff90c14_b.jpg

Few more here.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/revels/sets/72157621979158682/

Ian

Focus TDCi
Can't remember what resolution your camera is, but I bet #1 would look absolutely mint blown up to about A2 or 1.

Looks like your weather was a lot kinder than at Fairford, it was more a case of avoid getting rain on the lens than avoid shooting into the sun then lol.

Good work dude. :)

Cheers mate.

Yeh, I think it would look quite good large. I don't want to end up with loads of my own prints everywhere. Going to get the tiger printed I think.. Mebbe that one too! hmmmm lol..

182 & Porsche 986
excellent, really nice sharp focusing on the first one i like it, at first i thought it was ians lol.

RB 197
Obviously living in Lincoln i get to see them basically every day when the weather is nice. You start to take them for granted.

But awesome pics Mr. R good to see them captured from a photographer's point if view rather than a local's.

Nice pics Dan. They put on a great display over Bristol this afternoon, tomorrows job is to weed out the good ones..... 6.5 frames/sec means there's quite a few to weed through!

I found 200mm a little short and would have loved another 200mm for head-on closeups.