ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Rat Appreciation Thread

In hope it will make a few more people understand LOL

Post your best rats

050.gif

051.gif

052.gif

caddy.gif

2375962014_8573db7e9b_o.gif

dyn007original700467pjpgg8.gif

dyn010original700447pjpft8.gif

low10sized.gif

p1010052.gif

PS.. This thread goes out to Ali :):)

Last edited:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Not a fan of the rat look to be fair, most just look abused to me hehe :)

Dan

^Wheres that from^.... Looks shopped... think it might have been all the flashes

Same pic of the above me or Laura took

P1000356.jpg

Im posting propper rats in this thread lol

Last edited:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
car's basicly lookin used as car's should be, but more of the well its got rust leave it. like the saying goes "in rust we trust" alot of ppl in the Uk arnt ready for Rat look car's ive seen a few n i actually really like them i wouldnt do it myself but it does look cool on camper's, when i went to a dublife show there was a few camper's on there arse's and one was brown/total mix of shades n it was gettin more looks than a mint con mk2 golf next to it, it had allsorts of comment's writen on it most very funny

I quite like the rat look. It's like most styles though really, they either pull it off, or they don't. The rat look to me is more than just having a car that looks knackered.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I struggle to understand the mentality behind liking them!

Euro look - Hate it, but it's neat and tidy
Mod'd look - Chav's living the persona of 'Bein different'
Rat look - Errr....Pisch?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
See I quite like some of the obviously done ratted ones - but like this one here -

IMG_0616.jpg

That just looks like a shed with expensive ugly wheels.

Dan

visualize whirled pe
I struggle to understand the mentality behind liking them!

True they dont look like the type of car you can get the detailing stuff out for but at least you don't have to worry about picking up car park dents and mucking about parking over two spaces.

I've owned cars which have had the rat look before (daytona yellow and rust coloured MK3 cortina with chopped coils and super slot mag alloys before that a Triumph herald convertable sprayed black with mercedes headlamps grafted on the front, slightly dropped on standard chromed wheels) I didnt even know what rat look was, back then I called it having no money to buy a shiney new car haha.
In an apocalyptic, mad max, kind of way I like it.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
That's an SZ. Not a rat looked car. Fail.

Dan

Facelift R53 Cooper S
i don't get it

so basically the older your car looks/is the better?

just look like scrapyard dodgers to me!

each to their own though........

erm i really dont get this at all

it's just a car in it's final stage of the evolutionary process... ie it's final flight before the inevitable car crusher and scrap yard it's fated for. The most expensive parts are commonly the wheels, which are usually pretty bling, although the fake MOT obtained from the shady local garage is often overlooked and somewhat underrated.

Best thing is that any car can be done like this, all it takes is years of neglect and zero monetary input and you too can drive one of these cult classics.

Be king of your Chatsworth estate, go Rat!

I'd worry that I'd leave it somewhere only to come back and find it'd been towed away as some silly old bint thought it was abandoned lol

There's a quality camper van near me that I need to get a pic off!