ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Raceway - Karting - Sunday 15th April 15:00

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Dont...Mandy is taking piss out of me for missing something SO obvious...

Alright Don. I am possibly Telford way in the morning. If you need a hand fitting the springs let me know as I've done them, alternatively I can give you a lift if it comes to it?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
If you come your going to get ripped by me... If not every one else. Joking aside if u need a hand or a lift il pop over!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Alright Don. I am possibly Telford way in the morning. If you need a hand fitting the springs let me know as I've done them, alternatively I can give you a lift if it comes to it?

If you are up for it...definitely. Pm me your number (if you dont already have mine....let me know).

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If you come your going to get ripped by me... If not every one else. Joking aside if u need a hand or a lift il pop over!!

I give as good as I get. Pmsl

What's the plans for tomorrow?

What times everyone meeting?

It kicks off at 3 (or earlier if Dan {cerrone} gets too stuck in. If we get there just before, then we can get our payments in and get briefing, etc. (I should be there if Matt is coming round to help with spring(s)).

I would say to be at the place by around quarter to 3.

E46 320CD
I give as good as I get. Pmsl

It kicks off at 3 (or earlier if Dan {cerrone} gets too stuck in. If we get there just before, then we can get our payments in and get briefing, etc. (I should be there if Matt is coming round to help with spring(s)).

I would say to be at the place by around quarter to 3.

Cheers Don.

I see 1 or 2 are coming from the tamworth direction, if anyone wants to meet up to travel over then I'm more than happy too.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Am really looking forwards to this. Just pissed about the spring issue, but that should be sorted before I arrive. :)

Lee

BMW M2C
Well that was a pretty awesome afternoons racing. I can't lift my arms now. :eek:

I was pretty pleased with my 3rd place Quali time, and the first race was probably one of the best races I've ever had. Constantly swapping places with my mate Mark. Then a lap from the end we rounded a corner to be met by two crashed cars. We had to stop. The marshall released the first car, then Mark, but left me sat there for 50 seconds while he un hooked the other kart from the barrier! My race was ruined. 8th.

Next race was just mental. I had no idea what position I was in with so many red flags and people crashing. Lol I was happy with 4th, but more happy to have been one of the 3 drivers to have dipped down into the 53s knocking almost a second off my time from the first race.

I thought the track and karts were superb, although it didn't lend itself to 'clean' overtaking. Lol

If we do it again and anyone is bringing a ringer along I'm inviting my mate Anthony Davidson along. He's quite handy, but it will have to be a none F1 weekend as he's quite busy on TV usually. ;)

We need more karting meets. Thanks to everyone involved in arranging it. :approve:

RS6 C7
Was a great day, Karts were nice and quick.

First session i got stuck in the barrier after attempting a pass for a good 30 seconds before the marshall noticed which was a little frustrating. Ended up 10th in that one.

Second session i started fairly high up the field due to the low finish in the first session, The first corner was a bit of a disaster, I managed to get up into first for around a second before someone hit me, It was inevitable really as i think we went in 3 or 4 abreast and really you struggle to get 2 karts through. Ended up getting stuck in the barrier with a few more people and that put me from 1st to last haha. I managed to take advantage of a few crashes and a bolted up the inside with Don which led to him having a "slight" incident ;) , Sorry Don but i had the inside line.. Finished in 5th which i was chuffed with as there was clearly some top class drivers there!

Only thing i found a little frustrating was the width of the track, It was extremely difficult to overtake anyone without making contact and usually it resulted in someone hitting the tyres.

Great day and a fantastic bunch off people, Many thanks to Don for organising it :)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Cheers for a good day lads! Nice one don for sorting it out!! Really enjoyed the track but as said above the track was very tight but still good fun! Loved the silver 200, the seats really do make it!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Cracking meet. Thanks to everyone who came. It was a good laugh, but my speed has dropped :(

As for the incident...my ribcage is killing me. I hit those tyres with so much force that I lost my visor (which meant I was quite cool), damaged Ed's kart and nearly left....but adrenalin kicked in.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. :race:

WRX
Great fun and nice to meet a few more faces. Head's still fuzzy, should have taken the overalls outside and wrung them into the Clio's fuel tank. Reckon there was a couple of gallons soaked into mine!
Thanks for organising Don.

RS6 C7
Cracking meet. Thanks to everyone who came. It was a good laugh, but my speed has dropped :(

As for the incident...my ribcage is killing me. I hit those tyres with so much force that I lost my visor (which meant I was quite cool), damaged Ed's kart and nearly left....but adrenalin kicked in.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. :race:

It was a nasty crash :(

Great meet Don – well done. :)

I had an excellent day, it's a good job it's the taking part that counts because I was crap lol. Had a great time though, even if I now feel like I've been a few rounds in the ring.

Also quite enjoyed the wind down at the pub.

Couldn't have gone better, I think.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
No worries guys, Thanks for the comments. Would like to do one again...but would need more padding...and with the padding I had already, it was too much ballast to win the races! ;)

Eddy, bit tender today but no bruising that I can see.

I fancy doing another meet in May before show season starts...it won't be anything too expensive or extravagant...maybe meet in a pub or something. I fancy Alton Towers before the schools all finish for Summer...but it would have to be a weekday if we can get any offers from them. (Just an idea)

RS6 C7
I have a massive bruise on my back, hip & knee Been struggling at work today :(

I fancy another karting meet in a couple of months or so, Maybe an outdoor track with a bit more space to overtake :)