ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
A lad from work just walked in to Game and picked one up.
They apparently have so many for pre order and then some for general sale. Might not be the case now but it certainly was the day after launch. He just went in in the morning and got one.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I was told that uncollected preorders would be sold to the general public 24 hours after launch.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Anyone got a PS4 in this thread that also thinks the PS3 controllers were worse than aids?

If so what do you think of the new ones.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got a PS4 in this thread that also thinks the PS3 controllers were worse than aids?

I never had a problem with the old one but the new one feels so much better.
Love the pad function too. Very good on Killzone and the play room is good fun too.

I've had the 360, PS3, PS4 and the One.

In order of controller preference now: One - PS4 - 360 - Wii nunchuck - PS3

I loved the 360, and thought the PS3 was terrible, but the DS4 is a massive improvement, honestly it's incredible. It's bigger, the triggers are spot on and the thumb sticks fit better (the indent helps).

I prefer the One controller offset, but I'm finding the LB/RB a little too high and difficult to press fully.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've never had a problem with the DS3, I don't really know why people didn't like it. But I'll see how it compares soon enough!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Loving the app for this. Got a nexus 5 and downloaded the psn app. Synced it earlier and just had a look. Can reply to messages, buy games, search friends etc all from the phone /tablet.
Makes messaging so much easier!

Mini JCW
Literally within the past few moments has sold out then!! Sorry.

What f*cks me off about that, is if they have stock, why aren't they honouring ALL pre-orders first, rather than selling them on their site?

FFS I want my PS4!

Track 172, Focus RS
What f*cks me off about that, is if they have stock, why aren't they honouring ALL pre-orders first, rather than selling them on their site?

FFS I want my PS4!

ye I don't really understand this either

Mini JCW
PS4 Killzone bundle despatched from Amazon yesterday + Astro A50s arrived. Both put away until the 25th. Bugger.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well £75, that bundle is 399.

still haven't opened mine yet, it's staring me in the face, I just can't be arsed :(

My brother in law managed to buy one from Amazon today, pure luck when he checked. Dispatched for delivery tomorrow.

Any idea what the next free games on PS+ are? When are they released?

dk

911 GTS Cab
£375 delivered from Amazon so £100.

Just sell it then.
Lol, no it isn't, you can't buy a ps4 from amazon at the moment for under about 600, but even when you could the price was never 375 for the killzone pack that I've seen, £389 maybe but you can't buy them at the moment, so it's a sellers market.

and while amazon keep getting bits of stock available, you have to be very lucky to grab one.

In all seriousness, why did you buy it if you have no interest in it? Because you're dk and you can?

Such a godamn high roller..

dk

911 GTS Cab
I preordered both consoles, wanted watchdogs for the xbox and drive club for the ps4 and bugger me sideway but both are postponed :(

i was was going to cancel the ps4 but then I didn't get a launch one anyway so thought I'd see what happens, then I got a call on the Monday after launch to say I had one and had 48 hrs to pick it up, and as I was going away I had to pick it up that night so didn't really have any time to think. On the basis that work want it off me and it would be no problem selling it to someone else I went for it.

I kind of want to open it, but I can't get excited about killzone, it's the only pack they had though so I didn't have a choice.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well put it in the loft until spring and stop going on about it being in its box :p
I might save it for Christmas Day, I've not asked for anything and will likely get very little as there's nothing I want, so this will be nice to open :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
My brother in law managed to buy one from Amazon today, pure luck when he checked. Dispatched for delivery tomorrow.

Any idea what the next free games on PS+ are? When are they released?

There are three at the moment. I think they release two each month?

One is called Contrast, a nice little indie game.
Another is called Resogun (I think) which is pretty decent. Basic but addictive.
And I've just downloaded Backlight:Retribution. Not tried it yet but it looks OK for nothing!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
If I were you dk I'd take it out the box to make sure it works. Then stick it back in if you ain't gonna play it.

There are three at the moment. I think they release two each month?

One is called Contrast, a nice little indie game.
Another is called Resogun (I think) which is pretty decent. Basic but addictive.
And I've just downloaded Backlight:Retribution. Not tried it yet but it looks OK for nothing!

Cheers.

I've got Resogun and Contrast already, just wondered when the next are released.

Black mk3 clio
I preordered both consoles, wanted watchdogs for the xbox and drive club for the ps4 and bugger me sideway but both are postponed :(

i was was going to cancel the ps4 but then I didn't get a launch one anyway so thought I'd see what happens, then I got a call on the Monday after launch to say I had one and had 48 hrs to pick it up, and as I was going away I had to pick it up that night so didn't really have any time to think. On the basis that work want it off me and it would be no problem selling it to someone else I went for it.

I kind of want to open it, but I can't get excited about killzone, it's the only pack they had though so I didn't have a choice.
Why get both consoles when watchdogs will be on PS4 also?
But anyway these two are what i would be looking forward to when i get a PS4.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
If I were you dk I'd take it out the box to make sure it works. Then stick it back in if you ain't gonna play it.
That has crossed my mind, but that does take a lot of the fun away from Christmas Day for that box opening experience. I'm torn, because I also don't want that broken out of the box experience......

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Put mine on eBay yesterday, been offered £400 already! But I've just watched a couple of bids end at £480 so I'm going to hold out... retards, lol.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Got one from work yesterday, not too fussed about games nowadays put just about to plug it in to see what the fuss is about!

A colleague at work offered me £600 yesterday for it lol, didn't sell as it was a bit disrespectful to the company.

dk

911 GTS Cab
if you want to make money, stand outside your local game store on Christmas eve, I bet you'll get some desperate parents then!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
That has crossed my mind, but that does take a lot of the fun away from Christmas Day for that box opening experience. I'm torn, because I also don't want that broken out of the box experience......
I'll try it for you mate. That way you don't have to open it until Christmas morning. I can't really say fairer than that. :)

Nimbus Clio 197
Has anyone got a headset that definitely works with the PS4? I believe a lot of the ones from ps3 are no longer compatible