ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
You can't boost pixels past the maximum amount of pixels the screen has available. You might get better colours and smoother gameplay, although without HDR you might not even see improved colours.

I'm really confused by this as the top end plazma's are still considered to produce as good a PQ than the top end 4K TVs running 4K material.

Does that mean 4K consoles won't look any better than non 4K consoles on plasma TVs?

"At a recent Shootout the ZT60 Plasma (which is slightly better than the top Pioneer Plasma's) was compared to the best TV on the market, the CZ950 Panasonic OLED. According experts the ZT60 comfortably held its own 90% of the time, exhibited better screen uniformity (particulary near black) and higher motion clarity than the CZ950"

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Have you tried the VR btw?

I bought Oculus Rift and it made me sick as a dog from motion sickness. Ended up selling it in the end.

I haven't, no. I've heard this but I did read a link between that and people getting travel sickness in cars etc. which I don't get at all. Do you?

My fiancee does, she can't look at a screen whilst in a car, feels sick straight away :(

Many retailers are now selling off the old model with fifa 17 for 149.99 due to the release of the slim model today. Man points to anyone who can find a website with stock.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My original PS4 has decided to stop working, is it worth getting the Pro or better to save some cash and get the slim version?

Listerine & Poledo
My original PS4 has decided to stop working, is it worth getting the Pro or better to save some cash and get the slim version?
If you have a 4k, HDR-ready TV, get a pro.
If not, then there are still benefits, for instance if you're a Bethesda player, loading times and lag will be reduced markedly.

Honda. Tesla Someday

I'd wait for Sony to fix some issues with the pro. There have been cases where some games actually run worse on the pro than the standard PS4.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I haven't, no. I've heard this but I did read a link between that and people getting travel sickness in cars etc. which I don't get at all. Do you?

My fiancee does, she can't look at a screen whilst in a car, feels sick straight away 😧

Oops completely missed this, I don't get travel sick in cars no. I think it's more down to the tracking/screen quality not quite being there yet, games like elite and dangerous do look great. but the screen quality reminds me of playing ps2 on an old crt tv.

Decided to go with the Pro, currently on back order as there wasn't any stock. If it doesn't turn up by xmas probably gonna cancel and get a slim.

Clio 182 - RB
I personally didn't play the Beta, i'm off work Friday so i've got the day to play it, will let you all know what its like [emoji16] I've been looking forward to it for months now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I've been playing Black Ops 3 recently. I'm very much used to the old MW2 days so getting used to people flying around all over the place was difficult, but now I've got some experience with it I actually really enjoy the game. I am looking forward to the next COD release though as they claim to be going back to the good old days.

M2 Comp
Anybody here have a PS4 pro?

Thinking of upgrading from my original PS4, not sure if it will be worth it though / whether I'll see much of a difference?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member

Thinking of upgrading from my original PS4, not sure if it will be worth it though / whether I'll see much of a difference?
Yeah, combined with an SSD it's worth it IMO.

Back when I made the change, I sold my base model, and the two games that came in the deal for the Pro (COD and FIFA) and it meant that the upgrade to the Pro was basically free.

Listerine & Poledo

It's not going to be too long before a PS5 appears. So if you MUST have HDR in 4k, then sure, grab a Pro.

Otherwise, I wouldn't bother. Not unless, like our man above, you can do a near zero-cost upgrade

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Sony's CEO said that the PS5 wouldn't be out till 2021 at the earliest, rumours had said it could be out Xmas-2019.

Considering the previous consoles have had a lifespan of about 6-7 years it's probably somewhere between the two dates.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Worth noting they've just released a quieter PS4 Pro... as a lot of older ones had serious noise issues. My normal PS4 is shite for that, so loud I often can't hear in game speech at all!

M2 Comp
Hi all, sorry haven't been on here much recently to respond, so thank you all for your feedback. Decided I'm going to see what deals there are over the next few months and take it from there. I have looked at trading in my current console but still looking at having to put in an additional £250 or so.

Yaris Hybrid

My fiancee does, she can't look at a screen whilst in a car, feels sick straight away :(

On the subject of VR, I just got a PSVR for my Pro. I own a top spec gaming PC and a Vive and I was so impressed with the PSVR I sold my Vive immediately!!!

I found the tracking to be just as good as Vive. Obviously you can't turn 180 degrees but I can't do that with the Vive anyway as I live in a typical British house with no space and the cable just gets tangled anyway. Roomscale never worked as I tried to pick up a clip in Arizona Sunshine and it would be under the sofa in real life. I try to open a car door and I'd smash my PC monitor.

The image quality was miles better on the PSVR. No screen door and somehow the resolution was miles better. My PC would explode trying to run the levels of super sampling required to replicate the PSVR's crispness.

Oh and Vive is 1/10 for comfortable where as PSVR is 10/10. If you can't wear the thing for more than 5 minutes, without suffering discomfort, what's the point? I also found I got far less sickness on PSVR.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Good info cheers! I keep hearing rumours of PSVR V2.0 so I'm holding out for the time being. Still need to bloody try it though.