ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Spent some more time with it now and I'm really pleasantly surprised but its awesomeness.

It really is a very nice piece of consumer electronics. Way better looking than Xbox One. More stylish and more compact. Virtually silent, and the graphics are impressive even for a PC gamer who has recently spent a thousand pounds on two graphics cards. Killzone looks stunning. Very much looking forward to the newest games. Most notably GTA V and Destiny.

100% thumbs up so far from me. No negatives that I've noticed.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I made the jump to Sony from MS myself for the PS4 and love it (currently on The Last of Us Remastered).

My only negative/hate is the lack of titles out for it right now. I'm sick of Ghosts, BF4 is just terrible (generally as a game) and I'm screaming out for a good driver game. The future is looking bright but surely Sony could've pressed this issue a bit more?

Ghosts is garbage. Truly hateful game. BF4 is better, but almost as predictable.

Try Wolfenstein if you want a proper shooter. Campaign only though.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Driver wise i'm waiting for this

That looks great but I like to see how they 'feel' before I buy. I loved the PGR series and then tried Forza which I found to be a backward step (I couldn't get any feel for speed in Forza without the driver aids).
Ghosts is garbage. Truly hateful game. BF4 is better, but almost as predictable.

Try Wolfenstein if you want a proper shooter. Campaign only though.
One thing Ghosts is great for though is slam the disc in and jump into a game, fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Audi TT 225 Quattro
Have to agree its a brilliant bit of kit and will only get better:cool: , I play mine daily albeit mainly one game being Final Fantasy 14 which is a MMORPG ( not everyones cup of tea ) but keeps me very happy and entertained... Have lots of games on preorder and am looking forward to Alien invasion a lot as well as Project cars etc etc

The only thing that is a piss take is the Battery life in the pad , ever since release I have pretty much had a pad constantly on charge as by the time one is finished charging the other is not long to be dead... It really is that bad for me:dapprove:

Apart from that , absolutely stunning and no regrets at all :star:

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I should have one of these arriving today so I've been looking at games for it.

Looking at the metro redux coming out end of the month. Haven't played the games before, would people reccomend them? Looks kind of S.T.A.L.K.E.R ish, which I loved. Thoughts?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I played Metro first light (I think) but didn't enjoy it. It was free on the ps3 a while back.

Killzone is pretty good, Wolfenstein is amazing, probably one of the best games available for the console.
The last of us and Tomb raider have been re released and should look a bit better. Both good games imo. Rayman can be had super cheap and is decent for a pickup and play game.

There's a few decent looking games coming out soon though.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Cheers I'll have a look at some of them. Got The last of us coming with the console and as you say lots coming out soon. I'll see what I can get to tide me over.

Had planned to wait a bit and get one once a few more games were out but it ended up as a good time to by one for me now and I know I won't be able to have it sit there and not play it haha

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Well it's not exactly been the introduction to PS4 ownership I was hoping for.

Realised that when I made my PSN account I stuck to the rules and made a sub account of my brothers master account as I was under 18, well that was my first mistake.

I presumed of course that it would upgrade to a master account when I turned 18 a couple of years ago. I was wrong. Going through PS4 setup and I get told I can't do certain things as I have a sub account. Ok then I'll change it into a master account, no I won't, you can't do that at all.

Still, not the end of the world I can live without my trophies and just add my friends again.

My second mistake happens now. I decided to change the email address to my secondary email address so that I can have my main account on my main email. Switch the emails over but lo and behold when trying to make a new account it tells me the email is already registered with PSN. I also can't use my secondary email as this is also registered to my PSN account now which I can't undo.

Thought I'd try and delete the account all together and use the email. Nope. Can't delete a PSN account. Ever

So I'm now left with either carry on being limited with a sub account or make a whole new email address for just a new PSN account.

Apologies for the mammoth rant. It probably sounds petty but it's really pissed me off.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
On the offchance you have googlemail (who doesn't?!) you can use xyz@gmail OR xyz@googlemail. They both work and count as different emails where websites are concerned.

On the offchance you have googlemail (who doesn't?!) you can use xyz@gmail OR xyz@googlemail. They both work and count as different emails where websites are concerned.

Or, if your email is euan94@gmail.com - entering your email as euan94+PS4@gmail.com is another way of doing it. Unlimited email addresses!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30

I think you might be my favourite person in the world.

I had no idea you could do this. Problem solved, I have a master account, it may be a new account but it is registered to an email account I use. Hooray!!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Set mine up today after collecting it from the Russian yesterday
So.... Who's online on here? I picked up the last of us and spent an hour or so playing that today and was impressed

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing but problems with mine recently.
I know there was some maintenance scheduled over bank holiday but I cant get on anything at the moment. Netflix wont work, still cant sign in to PSN. I've reset my connection and it says it should be fine. Checked Netflix on my TV and it works fine.

Strange thing is, I can connect on the laptop and on the app but just not using the system. Anyone else having problems connecting?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Done all that.
Everything says connected when I do the test until it gets to PSN sign in then it fails.

I've got there wireless extenders from BT which I've had as long as I've has the PS. I've swapped them over for the newer ones and its the same. Wondering if its the PS4 itself?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Sony and Microsoft were both attacked over the weekend by a group called 'Team Lizard'. it was a DDoS attack.

PSN went down completely 3 times.

Xbox Live had a hiccup for 30 minutes and did not go down.

The 'hackers' then put out a statement telling Sony to spend money improving their network, as it falls over with any DDoS attack very easily. It doesnt seem as though Sony has been paying for DDoS protection. The 'hacking' group said they are trying to teach Sony a lesson for taking peoples money for PSN and not investing in and protecting their network.

The group then praised Xbox Live for not falling over.

My personal opinion? I have an Xbox One and am predominently an Xbox gamer, however I do play on my mates PS4 and will get a PS4 at some point. I also have a PS3 which I still use. I honestly think Sony need to pull their finger out and invest in securing their network. Especially after PSN died for a month a couple of years ago and everyones bank details were stolen! They really need to sort this out as its caused an uproar from gamers/media against Sony.

Just letting you all know whats been going on so you know its not a problem on your end, its on Sony's end.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know they had an attack. I think there might have been problems with the settings on my machine though as my mates were online (I could tell from the app/signing in on the laptop) yet it wouldn't let me sign in on the ststem. I managed in the end after re setting my system, not the ideal way though.
Plus there was scheduled downtime for the PSN on Monday.
I should have tried the PS3 to see if it was working on there too.

On a completely different note, I traded in a few games this morning and ended up buying a Pre owned Infamous Second Son. It seems OK, not great though. There's just bugger all about for the new consoles. Next up is Assassin's Creed and FarCry. I nearly got Diablo but I'm not convinced it's my type of game.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Rayman Legends is £16.99 today on GAME online. Think it's one day only though. Good game, especially at that price.

Fiesta ST-3
There was an awesome deal kicking about for these on shopto's eBay shop.

Ps4 console + destiny bundle as a pre order for £319.99.

Managed to get one ordered yesterday and now the deal isn't there!! Anyone else lucky enough to grab one?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good buy! I'm enjoying the last of us at the minute, only played two hours or so though

Fiesta ST-3
Yeah the last of us does look good.

Without having to spend hours of trawling through each game thread, which are worth a buy??

I'll be waiting for FIFA 15 (main reason I got the bloody console tbh) will be getting destiny with the bundle. Anything else worth having at the moment or worth waiting for new stuff??

Killzone and Wolfenstein are both excellent shooters and both very much worth buying.

Tomb Raider is also fantastic.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've lent killzone from a friend too but am yet to try it out
Will post up once I've played it for a bit :)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Bloody playstation plus auto renewing :( I never made use if the 14 day free trial anyway!

Mini JCW
My feeling is drive club will be comparable to test drive unlimited in terms of 'feel', whereas project cars will be more in line with PGR / forza / GT.

Anyone interested in Destiny?

Fiesta ST-3
My feeling is drive club will be comparable to test drive unlimited in terms of 'feel', whereas project cars will be more in line with PGR / forza / GT.

Anyone interested in Destiny?

From what I've seen (which isn't a huge amount tbh!) Project Cars looks the better of the 2... although I'm basing that on not a great deal.

Interested as in, playing it? Or interested in buying it? If it's the former, yes! I've played a few hours over the last couple of days - enjoying so far!

RS Clio 182
Looking to get a PS4 maybe around December - in time for GTA,PES2015,Project Cars and F1 in the new year. Theres still not many 'must have' games for my liking though. I need something for my new LG 47 incher though hehe.