ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

Megane R26
uVJ3uXU.jpg

xVNfRHI.jpg

6yyHccq.jpg

RWDFmj3.jpg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I saw that and thought it looked like your old one, would he not sell it whole for someone to save?
He initially it was worth £2k as he changed the belts and dephaser which I thought was a joke. Then put it for £1500 which I thought was better and people were still shocked at the price for that mileage. So I assume he wasn’t getting any luck and didn’t want to lose money on it so decided to break it. It’s a poor advert as loads of nice parts are not even mentioned, unless the 22mm PMS rear anti roll bar, solid top mounts, flocked dash, braided brake lines, seats and seat belts are not available. DS2500 pads are not even a year old on it. Unless they have inspected for rot and it’s not worth it, something I never did as if I can’t see it it’s not there. But the guy advertising it isn’t the guy who bought it but the location is right, assuming a friend is doing it.

Actually I’ve put more detail of it here than the advert and I’m not getting commission!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
He initially it was worth £2k as he changed the belts and dephaser which I thought was a joke. Then put it for £1500 which I thought was better and people were still shocked at the price for that mileage. So I assume he wasn’t getting any luck and didn’t want to lose money on it so decided to break it. It’s a poor advert as loads of nice parts are not even mentioned, unless the 22mm PMS rear anti roll bar, solid top mounts, flocked dash, braided brake lines, seats and seat belts are not available. DS2500 pads are not even a year old on it. Unless they have inspected for rot and it’s not worth it, something I never did as if I can’t see it it’s not there. But the guy advertising it isn’t the guy who bought it but the location is right, assuming a friend is doing it. Actually I’ve put more detail of it here than the advert and I’m not getting commission!

I'll be honest I looked at the pics I didn't even realise it was being broken, it wasn't until you said :smile: you still looking for another one?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be honest I looked at the pics I didn't even realise it was being broken, it wasn't until you said :smile: you still looking for another one?
Of course I am! Was going to look at the flammer I posted the other day but I’ve had to pay for a holiday this month and my Skoda is in the garage and the BMW needs a new windscreen so never did. I should really get the BMW sorted first and the Skoda in tip top order so if I need to sell it I can before I buy another. Nothing major, just bushes need doing (currently at the garage for this job this week) and a bit of superficial rust repair on it as they were picked out on the MoT for advisoraries. Also I’m working away in the week so it’s hard to look at cars and sell them so once I’m back home full time I will be actively for one. If a good one turns up in the right location in the meantime I won’t say no.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Ben, you tried Renault? They was still avaible when I had mine a few years ago.
#

I actually haven't no, were they the correct ones as I believe the sport are different from the pov spec in that they have the blue hue?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
i'll need to double check mine, I swear they look more blue than that but perhaps its all in my head and the poverty spec ones are same and its actually dark grey

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking about it, mine was definitely dark grey after looking at those pics.

I posted up a pic of the part number once on here but I couldn't seem to find it earlier on. Not sure what thread it was but I vaguely remember Clakey asking about it. £24 each if I remember correctly.

Cliors1
Do you like ?
F4r 730 .....

Attachments

• 565E7DC2-DE86-49F2-AEEC-AF2B5CEEC509.jpeg
    565E7DC2-DE86-49F2-AEEC-AF2B5CEEC509.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 360
  • DF2E31A7-2441-41FA-A3FA-C15B82070C82.jpeg
    DF2E31A7-2441-41FA-A3FA-C15B82070C82.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 290
  V6 & Sunflower 172
I met @Rossington the other year, nice guy and his mk1 V6 is lovely. @mossyv6 needs to buy the sunflower!

Hey thanks :smile:

Yeah we had a great day that day didn't we, will have to do that again sometime soon. Last year between MOTs, i did 756 miles in the V6 so its due a run out real soon.

Hopefully someone off here will take the sunflower, i really don't want it to go via ebay as it deserves a dedicated owner who'll give it some love.
I've just reduced the price to £2300 although that means £2200 to anybody off here which is a steal compared to that one on Auto Trader at £4000.

In the meantime, its been in good company (note : its now back on a phase 1 rear bumper and lights).

IMG_5867.JPG

Last edited:
  SG9 Forester STi
Here to join the Ph1 not so anonymous addicts.
Looking at one at the end of the week - anyone know anything about or recognise X982 RJC? I think it was purchased from someone on here called Glenn from the Hull area. Should add that it's silver!

Ta!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Black Ph1 for sale on the Facebook Renault Cars and Parts for Sale if anyone is still looking for one? I don't know anything about it or have anything to do with the sale, I don't think it's far from me though, just saw it pop up on there :up: