ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

Flp

Iceberg ph1
Hello, I´m new here and I love this thread.
Here is my iceberg ph1. Just swapped to ph1 rear lights and I think it look so much better now.
IMG_20160317_163318.jpg

IMG_20160317_163330.jpg

IMG_20160317_164346.jpg

IMG_20160317_164421.jpg

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
@Stu. I hope the project comes good. Im looking to build a garage and then plan will be to resto my flower too. Hope mines not as bad.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Currently looking at exclusives. Think my missus would go spare if I came home with a fifth though lol

Clio
Hate these bloody things.

8dcd1db182df7baafd20c0363058351e.jpg
Any pics of how you've mounted the jig to the rear of the car? Or even could you tell me?
I've just bought steel to make a roll-over but haven't yet decided how the rear was going to be fixed. Front I was going to use the front forward sub-frame mounts. Your method certainly is easier for the front.
For the rear I was thinking reach in arms to suspension turrets/boot floor.

Thanks in advance.

Ph1
You're right 😧 hopefully be worth it when its done!

An attempt to tidy up the back arches has turned into a bare shell resto with new sills etc lol. Will be painting it yellow top to bottom
emoji1.png

Was there much hidden rust on the shell ?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Love everything on this apart from the front number plate, doesn't look right where it is.
Isn't the plate removable? Looks like it is attached around the holes with like wire for quick removal.
Also liking the decals. Makes me want to do mine as mine ideally needs a respray. But would rather spend the cash on performance! And decals/wrapping it is a lot cheaper!!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Isn't the plate removable? Looks like it is attached around the holes with like wire for quick removal.
Also liking the decals. Makes me want to do mine as mine ideally needs a respray. But would rather spend the cash on performance! And decals/wrapping it is a lot cheaper!!

I'm sure you're right but I just wonder if there is a neater solution. Looks great otherwise, still one of the best ph.1's around!

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Is in better condition than yours then? I presume your transferring your nice bits over?
Body work is better, don't get on with the gaz coilovers so going to swap those over, but yeah basically going to make a good spec car out of the two