ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Odyssey (Phase 1 172) - By Coops

And low
DSC_2029_zpsj1fqmlh2.jpg

:cool: and :up: sums that up nicely!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I know it's incredible how things just fall into place sometimes. I'm like a wizard or something....

Yeah I'm gonna go with the "or something".
An arse maybe but an amiable arse nonetheless. It's nice to see other folk with the same disease.
I started putting a sub into my s**t ass Passat today and have bad thoughts of chopping springs. Let's see if I can stay strong!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Yeah I'm gonna go with the "or something".
An arse maybe but an amiable arse nonetheless. It's nice to see other folk with the same disease.
I started putting a sub into my s**t ass Passat today and have bad thoughts of chopping springs. Let's see if I can stay strong!
Angle_Grinder_Medium_Angle_Grinders_1821.png

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
So today, added camber bolts and wound coilovers down another 5mm at the front. She scrubs on anything over like 1/3 lock but meh, looks awesome. Lol!

Bolts

DSC_2039_zpsqfmpqagv.jpg

The cat helped.....

DSC_2040_zpsxrlchvoo.jpg

....not a lot.......

DSC_2043_zpsnncbx0rh.jpg

.....then demanded tickles

DSC_2044_zpselcqmkr9.jpg

And as it sits now

DSC_2050_zpsa59lwn8s.jpg

DSC_2048_zpsw8ilzfcf.jpg

DSC_2047_zpstqoolvol.jpg

Then had a giggle at the end of the lane with the track car and my 1:18 models and the RB popped along too, lol

DSC_2053_zpsh5ya2ff3.jpg

DSC_2054_zpsgwbyx65o.jpg

I've taken some decent pics of the car as well that I'll process and post in due course @Dr Jekyll ;-)
Cheers
Ben

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ah yes I remember reading that now.

Regardless, it still looks really cool. The lows and right spacer size work well with the wheels and both the body and wheel colour combo.

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Cheers @Dr Jekyll I'm happy with her now. Snappy refurb on the steering wheel and wheel refurb on the other 5 wheels and she'll be basically done!
We'll aside from then looking at bodywork (alloy bonnet, cup spoiler, new front and rear bumpers, smart repairs on dents, yep that's it the list will actually never end, flol!!)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Another week and more tinkering and improvement on the old girl!

First order of business was to raise the ride height at the front slightly, @Dr Jekyll was right, too low! Upped it 1.5cm on coilover platform measurement and can actually drive it now, so much better!

Next was replace exhaust, the standard I bought was boomy as hell and has started to leak a bit from the joints etc so decided to revert to the Ktec, which is equally as loud but at least its stainless yo so mod points for that!

so out with the old

DSC_2165_zps0jhv9ku8.jpg

and in with the not actually new

DSC_2166_zps5v4ljlka.jpg

replaced kippered centre exhaust rubber whilst I was there

out with the old

DSC_2167_zpsmbdgki57.jpg

new (with tags, lol!)

DSC_2168_zpsm8hnwjob.jpg

fitted

DSC_2169_zpsqdv8plyw.jpg

then rear mount was addressed too as it had been bodged, so removed and powerflex generic bush drilled and fitted

DSC_2170_zpsqla1x9du.jpg

s**t removed

DSC_2171_zpsm2ximwxf.jpg

powerflex fitted

DSC_2172_zpsrzjyevcg.jpg

exhaust on

DSC_2173_zpsqsah26oe.jpg

DSC_2174_zpsbl99kzlq.jpg

next was fit new positive terminal to battery as the old one's flap (snigger) had broken away

DSC_2158_zpspimoimay.jpg

DSC_2159_zpsmlxywwwi.jpg

and pollen filter change

DSC_2161_zpskm4wfqqf.jpg

DSC_2162_zpstb25a5ag.jpg

DSC_2163_zpswyrx9dy8.jpg

and finally took couple of pics next to a jacked up hummer on my estate for the lolz!

DSC_2175_zpso35nmrzv.jpg

DSC_2176_zpslwdpldqx.jpg

DSC_2177_zps2kgs9m6j.jpg

cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I have also now acquired a cup spoiler and rear bumper, so along with the aluminium bonnet they will all get painted and fitted later in the year.
Similarily I have stripped the OZ F1's of their tyres (all 5) and they will be Powdercoated original silver later this year too

this is all provided she passes MOT in June I think it is, otherwise no love! lol!

cheers

Ben

Nice little changes there again, you get man points for having the standard exhaust no doubt, but the Ktec does look smart and as you said, stainless steel so you swap for mod points :cool:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Absolutely love this. With the Cup spoiler it will look perfect. I'd keep the Williams wheels on it personally, think it looks spot on. However, if you want to sell them to me, that would be good too!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Cheers lads!
Superb aren't they @mintno1 ;-)

Nice little changes there again, you get man points for having the standard exhaust no doubt, but the Ktec does look smart and as you said, stainless steel so you swap for mod points :cool:

I'd of kept the stock one on Steve tbh but its so boomy it completely defeats object of having it, plus it's not in great nick! Ideally want a stealth sports not the unsilenced supersports but she'll do for now!

Absolutely love this. With the Cup spoiler it will look perfect. I'd keep the Williams wheels on it personally, think it looks spot on. However, if you want to sell them to me, that would be good too!

I agree, but for standard points OZ's need to make a slightly unwelcome appearance! And when they do alas the willy wheels will not be for sale

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I had a supersports on my Cup when I bought it, it was super loud. I binned it off and run a Klarius OEM one, which is style quite loud to be honest lol.

Deduction in points for not selling me the Williams wheels. I want another set :(

Quick update, pictureless but full of entertainment!

So decided to insure the phase 1 other day, added it to my adminral cover on the 182 for the princely sum of 130 quid to novemeber when the renewal on both will then be due. Taxed it on the pay later monthly scheme and sorted! Blumming 283 a year tax though, stupid 2001 car!

So got up like a kid on Christmas on Wednesday morning to use the car for work, with a plan to also use it Thursday for trip down to Birmingham for work too to stretch its legs. First thing, drive in to work, lovely!! great little car, now I've actually had chance to drive it I can say hand on heart all it needs mechanically is the gear linkage tweaking as I can get reverse instead of 1st without lifting the collar. Aside from that everything is mint and drives tight as a drum! Happy days!

After work, loaded car up with PC equipment for Birmingham and went climbing as I usually do, and the fun starts....After climbing it wont start, but not showing immobiliser issue as the lights on solid. So I fettle about for five mins under the bonnet, check all the usual suspects inc fuel pump relay and bang, she starts! sorted I think.
Pop to pick our lass up from here fitness class and wont start again, this time showing immobiliser issue, and to cut a long story short the key seems to of decoded itself.

Didn't have time to worry about it, so abandoned the car, less than a day on the road! flol! Stuck my s**t in mates car and he gave us a lift home. Trusty RB was used for Brum trip and on my return I took spare key back to the stricken phase 1. The car started......mint I thought! transferred some stuff between cars and was about to jump in it and it cut out, same issue and would no longer start! bugger!

I'd brought spare set from the track car with me though, so quick ten mins swapping ECU UCH, transponder etc and I was sorted but what a PITA

Not totally sorted either as although she's starting on the button, central locking all synced up and working etc I have engine management light on. Not sure why as spare setup is off a late model twin lambda car too, so I need a plugin!

Since then I have fixed couple of other niggles too, Stereo rewired so doesn't loose settings, oiled accelerator cable, checked and cleaned couple of earths and tidied up the UCH as i'd left it hanging down in my haste other night.

So plan is now to use the car again this week and see what else rears its ugly head!lol!!!

cheers

Ben
Ben I'm currently having this same issue at times. Sometimes the immobilizer light blinks, other times it doesn't start. I wiggle the wire just at the bottom of the throttle body. About 3 months ago my key lights up but now recognition to lock or unlock the car... I then changed the battery just in case, still to no avail,
Then 3 weeks ago the new battery died. I'm really confused now.

Should I look for a ph1 ecu with keys etc?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Ben I'm currently having this same issue at times. Sometimes the immobilizer light blinks, other times it doesn't start. I wiggle the wire just at the bottom of the throttle body. About 3 months ago my key lights up but now recognition to lock or unlock the car... I then changed the battery just in case, still to no avail,
Then 3 weeks ago the new battery died. I'm really confused now.

Should I look for a ph1 ecu with keys etc?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

In all honesty I'd try it chap, completely solved my issues and haven't had a single none start since, starts quicker than my 182, lol!