ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The next Scottish Karting Meet

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
After a great first meet of 2013 we've been discussing the next Central Scotland Karting meet. This is likely to be April, May or June.

Option 1, same again, good venue, good karts, good deal. Numbers need to be between 14-18

Option 2, Raceland Tranent £45, outdoor karts, 60sec a lap, a practise session, 3 heats and a final for every driver, numbers have to be between 16-20.

Option 3, another venue, all suggestions are very welcome.

Please let us know what you want to do. Voting closes in a week.

Thanks

PS Update in post 25

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Both are fine mate depending on how many laps are on option 2. I know it was because of a contact but 60 laps for £30 is mega fun!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols I heard you mention that! Would have still been awesome although those 2 finals we were pushing bloody hard! :eek:

Gloves with me next time! ;) Oh and thicker socks!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Find it strange they don't have adjustable seats. Must be a few shorties who struggle.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was genuinely going to ask for the booster. But I'd never have lived it down ;)

Flol! You really wouldn't have!

I would rather have struggled along. I was okay would just liked to have been a bit forward.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
brilliant day. however i may have to remove my moobs for the next event, go karting when you weigh 16 stone is nae fun

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Is. He. Fvck.

Hes in A&E with severe back pain due to the 'assault' he got today, implemented with my go-kart.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well we shouted out and anyone who replied said no, we'll know for next time. Although again we'll see what people's preferences are.

You ever happy Gaz?! Must be an age thing ;)

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I was genuinely going to ask for the booster. But I'd never have lived it down ;)

hahaha id have loved to have seen that!!

Seriously? FFS!!! Why didn't we do it? SERIOUSLY?

I would've passed Billy EASILY.

We did shout it out but most people said nah just stick to 20 laps though id have happily done 30 for a £5 more!!

Well wish we done 30! Can we get that deal again? Next weekend ;)

I can ask ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right, some updates on this, already!

The vote seems to be going towards Raceland outdoor just now and I've made some enquiries with them.

The long and short of it is we can't book a date without a deposit. Or certainly once we book a date a deposit has to be made within just a couple of days. The price for the practise, 3 heats and final is £45 per person. Myself, Dave and Gaz have been discussing this today but we'd welcome your thoughts on it.

The problem is that the deposit is obviously non refundable so if you drop out it causes us an issue. Each event as a minimum cost that Raceland must get. On the 16-20 group this is £720. What are peoples thoughts on paying the full amount in 1 go? If you need to drop out we would only be able to give a refund when someone takes your place. This is to stop the costs being passed on to everyone else who is going. We realise its not ideal and thats why we welcome ideas.

We're also thinking that we should book something in the first week of Feb once most people have been paid. We would vote for a date from the below list, book that and collect everyones money in the following 2 days. If we don't meet the minimum numbers everyones money would be refunded to them. It would only be after the deposit has been paid to Raceland we wouldn't be able to get your money back until someone took your space. They would effectively be buying it from you.

Sundays available

21st April 12.30pm
28th April 3.30pm
19th May 12.30pm
26th May 3.30pm
23rd June 12.30pm
30th June 3.30pm

We think April is best but its a democracy. Sort of. So the most popular will win.

Cheers
John

2002 Flame Red 172
If thats what we have to do to get a place then id be willing to pay my £45 in 1 go. April sounds good john.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
April 21st for me . How much is the deposit mate? Not sure if I missed that.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
£22.50 deposit or £45 full. We're just not sure about taking the risk of taking 16-20 deposits, then some will drop out and then we're at risk of say 14 people losing their deposits. Personally I think we should just give Raceland the full £45 each from day 1.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed mate. I don't think it's a bad shout. No one backs out after paying £45. I'm up for that.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
And if they do they get their money back when someone takes their space. It wouldnt be fair to pass the cost on to everyone else if we didn't make minimum numbers.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Of course not mate. It's not hundreds but it's still a fair bit of money for some.

The only issue I see is getting 10 £45 then struggling to get the rest if you know what I mean.

I'm in. You could probably guarantee 10 straight away imo. Maybe a few more.

Minimum booking 18?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
16 Kev.

Yeah, we'd have to nominate a day, then we'd only have a few days to collect 16 lots of £45 to secure that date. We can then add another 4 up to a maximum of 20 at any point up to when we get in the karts. However those people would also be asked for the full £45 before their names would be put down for it. Gotta be the same for everyone.

If, by some miracle we get 32-40 people wanting to do it we can also do that but it would be exactly the same method.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I think we will manage to find 16 interested we just hope 16 will be able to pay the full amount as we need to cover £720 to raceland for such an event.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Well I'm pretty sure me and al would have a go this time if you are struggling for numbers I'm sure we could find you some from the BeTapp'd members quite easily to fill the spaces. Only thing you need to watch is your PayPal account might get put on hold for receiving soo many gifts, unless raceland accept the payments direct.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
£45's no problem in one go, for a cracking day out with the boys?

Plus, the numbers seemed to fill pretty rapidly for the other day, quite sure people won't mind doing this?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah 16 we would fill piss easy.

Surely everyone has online banking these days? I bank transferred Gaz £20 in 30 seconds.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Not everyone did/wanted to but I think we can be trusted. Good point about paypal Jaff, hadnt thought about that. Whatever way we do it, it'll be going to just 1 person!

I don't think we'd struggle to get numbers but getting the money in a 2 day window might be more of a challenge. How would everyone feel about paying on the 1st of Feb and then I send the money to Raceland on Feb the 4th?