ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
absolutely hammered my 4S today, just about lasted... Nearly double the usage of yesterday, but roughly the same standby

47018219-A840-4FE3-BFA5-6D336BA90B12-154-000000032A1B8259_zps49282908.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I don't know how up get all day. Mine goes at 3pm without fail.

Have I missed what exactly we're expecting from the new one? Fancy a new one since I'm running the 2, currently. Only reason to upgrade would be the speed and the new display... Company also do a tax free buy scheme (i.e. payments go out of gross salary).

330Ci (Fail)Sport
absolutely hammered my 4S today, just about lasted... Nearly double the usage of yesterday, but roughly the same standby

I usually got 5-6hrs use on my 4S on iOS6, finding it's better on iOS7. Mostly using tapatalk, whatsapp, Facebook and Safari on 3G and wifi.

AK

M240i
Have I missed what exactly we're expecting from the new one? Fancy a new one since I'm running the 2, currently. Only reason to upgrade would be the speed and the new display... Company also do a tax free buy scheme (i.e. payments go out of gross salary).

Of the iPad 5? I've not really looked into it. I'm all over the iPad Mini 2 when it's out.

That's pretty awesome of your company actually, would love mine to do that :(.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

The specs are rumoured to be:

- Speed bump
- Smaller bezels (Ipad mini style) on the big one
- Potential for a Retina mini

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Received my 5S yesterday (from EE)

Coming from a 4S I'm loving it. Pleased at the speed that Touch ID works, although it's annoying you can't swipe to reply on the lock screen. Still not sure I'm going to stick with it.

Question: On iOS 6 you can go Settings - General - Usage - Mobile Usage... to find how much data you've used. On iOS 7 that options not there, has it moved!?

182 Cup
Should be recieving mine from CPW tomorrow as long as the DPD delivery goes okay.

16gb 5S in Grey with EE.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've heard O2 mucked apple about with carrier test reports and didn't get allocated stock correctly.

Not sure how true that is...

Polo GTi
I ordered mine bang on store opening at Apple, to be greeted with a 7-10 day delivery, not exactly the end of the world, but nothing like the experience I had with the iPad 3

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Ordered mine last night and will be collecting it from store tomorrow.

just to save me researching, what's the best way to transfer as much as possible from S4 to the iphone?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
God I'm loving 4G! I usually get broadband speeds of around 4Mb/s. However when tethered to my iPhone I'm getting...

2993794925.png

182 Cup
Enjoying being back on iOS to be honest I'd forgotten how much easier it was to write on an iPhone.

So much faster than my S2.

How do you deactivate gestures on safari? Doing my head in going back on pages I'm just moving around.

Preordered mine on Monday as my upgrade wasn't due till yesterday, and it went through yesterday, phone was at my house by 10am.

Communication by the bloke at CPW I ordered through was awful though lol.

Golf R/Leon FR
Well I managed to drop my 5S on the road as I got in the car tonight. Lovely big dent on the bottom right corner and chipped in 2 other places. Safe to say I'm gutted.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Well I managed to drop my 5S on the road as I got in the car tonight. Lovely big dent on the bottom right corner and chipped in 2 other places. Safe to say I'm gutted.

Nothing worse.

With both iPhones I've owned, they've always been in a full case.
A couple of years ago I was on a long drive back home and decided to plug my phone in to charge, which required me to remove the case for the first time ever.
Needless to say as I was getting out of the car, I dropped it - the car was on a slant and the door swung back and hit my arm which in slow motion threw my phone about 3 foot up in the air before crashing down on a tiny stone which smashed the screen to bits.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Is tethering included in your contract? Who's your contract with?

Yup, EE.

Anyone had luck tethering over wifi though? I had a problem with my 4S and fixed it but the same thing isn't working with the 5S. Tethers fine over USB, but over wifi it says it cannot connect after the passcode is entered :(

Golf R/Leon FR
Nothing worse.

With both iPhones I've owned, they've always been in a full case.
A couple of years ago I was on a long drive back home and decided to plug my phone in to charge, which required me to remove the case for the first time ever.
Needless to say as I was getting out of the car, I dropped it - the car was on a slant and the door swung back and hit my arm which in slow motion threw my phone about 3 foot up in the air before crashing down on a tiny stone which smashed the screen to bits.
Yeah it's painful, the bloody case was supposed to be here from Amazon yesterday. I've never had a mark on any iPhone before. My headphone jack is a bit dodgy now mind and the headphones won't work properly and cut out. So a trip to Apple is on the cards I think.