ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
doesn't seem to be the same buzz on here around the launch, normally loads of people are getting them as soon as they are available, just doesn't seem to be anyone interested in the 5s?

the 5c's are available, the 5s have a component constraint, but it made sense to launch both together i guess.

Tbh I think they've lost the plot (this isn't an attack before we get started, but £709 for a phone! lol).

While they could get away with being arrogant while Steve Jobs was around, there's nobody in Apple corporate team now who has even 0.0001% of his charisma, with steve they could get away (mostly!) with being arrogant but without appearing to be arrogant. Now they just seem arrogant.

I think if I see another Jonny Ive video I'll be sick and if they use the word "fun" to describe a new phone or OS then I'll be sick over my sick.

Forstall was obviously content with treading water in the software department and this is where Apple should be making huge strides forward (hardware is so *meh* - there's little you can add now or do to make hardware purchases seem worthwhile) but they sat back and made "dot" improvements to the OS and masqueraded them as major versions, sad from the company that reinvented the smartphone and changed the market. Google have the opposite philosophy because they're not making hardware (per-se), so the advances, tweaking, refining of software (Android) goes on from major version to major version. Android was laughable as an phone operating system just a few releases back...but now it's good, very good.

That buzz is definitely nowhere near what it used to be and I suspect that there will be buyers remorse for a lot of 5S owners, you know, basically knowing that you've bought the same phone as last time because the biggest differentiator between the old hardware (5) and new hardware (5S) is software (and it's visible this time because the look and feel has changed). I've been there, 4-4S...wow Siri's great...1 day later never using it again. If the touch sensor is as good as it should be, then I think that's a great addition to the hardware and has been integrated in the manner which we have become accustomed to with Apple.

I long for Apple to listen to what their customers want, I'd love them to fix things that just don't work right and to add basic functionality that's missing from the OS. But even if they did that, it'd still be a hard sell to get me back they're just *too* expensive now when the competition are making products that are just as premium as Apple themselves.

Come on Apple, think, you know, different.

(PS before the pauper or non-baller comments, most people would love to take home the amount of tax my wife pays per month as a salary!)

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
So Apple are saying 7-10 days for delivery

But Vodafone are saying in stock? Surely they would keep stock for themselves first.

An orange one
Covent garden has just been on daybreak showing the first customer going into the store, there is around 1500 people queuing..

Unlike the 5 launch which was also on daybreak last year, you didn't see them with their phones though :S

Tbh I think they've lost the plot (this isn't an attack before we get started, but £709 for a phone! lol).

I don't quite get this, the 4S was £699 for 64GB as was the 5 so why have they now lost the plot at £709 for their top end model?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I don't quite get this, the 4S was £699 for 64GB as was the 5 so why have they now lost the plot at £709 for their top end model?

Because you can buy phones that function as well if not better for considerably less. This wasn't the case 2 years ago.

VW ID.3
The thing that has annoyed me is them changing their minds, since the keynote they were saying online orders from 8 o'clock but then with just sending an email when everyones most likely asleep they change it to 1 o'clock.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

While they could get away with being arrogant while Steve Jobs was around, there's nobody in Apple corporate team now who has even 0.0001% of his charisma, with steve they could get away (mostly!) with being arrogant but without appearing to be arrogant. Now they just seem arrogant.

I think if I see another Jonny Ive video I'll be sick and if they use the word "fun" to describe a new phone or OS then I'll be sick over my sick.

Forstall was obviously content with treading water in the software department and this is where Apple should be making huge strides forward (hardware is so *meh* - there's little you can add now or do to make hardware purchases seem worthwhile) but they sat back and made "dot" improvements to the OS and masqueraded them as major versions, sad from the company that reinvented the smartphone and changed the market. Google have the opposite philosophy because they're not making hardware (per-se), so the advances, tweaking, refining of software (Android) goes on from major version to major version. Android was laughable as an phone operating system just a few releases back...but now it's good, very good.

That buzz is definitely nowhere near what it used to be and I suspect that there will be buyers remorse for a lot of 5S owners, you know, basically knowing that you've bought the same phone as last time because the biggest differentiator between the old hardware (5) and new hardware (5S) is software (and it's visible this time because the look and feel has changed). I've been there, 4-4S...wow Siri's great...1 day later never using it again. If the touch sensor is as good as it should be, then I think that's a great addition to the hardware and has been integrated in the manner which we have become accustomed to with Apple.

I long for Apple to listen to what their customers want, I'd love them to fix things that just don't work right and to add basic functionality that's missing from the OS. But even if they did that, it'd still be a hard sell to get me back they're just *too* expensive now when the competition are making products that are just as premium as Apple themselves.

Come on Apple, think, you know, different.

(PS before the pauper or non-baller comments, most people would love to take home the amount of tax my wife pays per month as a salary!)

LOL, you are getting worse.

Nexus 5 is out soon, chill.

I agree on the buzz comment, DK. But I agreed with that for the launch of the 5. The only reason to upgrade for me (steady, personal opinion alert) is the speed of the phone (both processing and network/4G). There hasn't been a single upgrade that 5 users at work or in my social life have made me want to go out and upgrade. Going 4S to 4S 12 months ago was the first time I have not "upgraded with an upgrade".

I think the iphone has got to the point where we will not see huge improvements and changes.

It it is what it is now. I don't think anything has blown me away since the 4 TBH.

I do like my iphone, it does everything I need it to do in a very simple and easy way.

I dont need a million quad core processor, or a finger print reader or a screen with anymore resolution.

If my 4S was not dying I wouldn't bother changing it. Probably try and pick up a 5 on the cheap now or another 4S!

Agreed, but then again, I'm not in smart phone design and research, so I don't know what else they could add... I'll probably get a 5S now for Vodafone's 4G.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I also agree with Snooooooooooooooooop. Apple are past their best and were a long time ago. I almost resent them now for their prices for an inferior product.

I've still ordered my 5s this morning though.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I also agree with Snooooooooooooooooop. Apple are past their best and were a long time ago. I almost resent them now for their prices for an inferior product.

I've still ordered my 5s this morning though.

You baller you!

I'm just about to order an iMac but want to see if they announce a refresh next month.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
You baller you!

I'm just about to order an iMac but want to see if they announce a refresh next month.

LOL.

I also need a new MBP. Had this one for 3.5 years now and need a refresh. Not sure when to expect the new ones?

An orange one
So it's been on sale for 4 hours 20 minutes and not one CS member has a 5S in their hands yet?

Anyone got the 5C.. My wife's wasn't it the Carphone warehouses delivery this morning even though they phoned her to say it had came in!! :mad:

Said there is a DPD delivery later to the store which it will maybe be in

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
LOL.

I also need a new MBP. Had this one for 3.5 years now and need a refresh. Not sure when to expect the new ones?

Rumours of a October 15th announcement mate (if it fails to materialise I doubt there will be anything until 2014).

Rumoured upgrades include ac wifi, haswell chipset, graphics card bump etc...

Who knows though, who knows.

May be they'll release a plastic MBP and call it a MB???

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Just been to phones 4 u. They have 16/32 in stock but they want nearly £10k for one. They are only selling them with contracts so their computer system has silly high prices (apparently)

White APE
My 5c was delivered at home about 10am this morning. However it doesn't look like my new nano sim has arrived so can't do much with it when I get home!!

fiesta 1.25
Been to Trafford to try and get one, Apple are all sold out and everyone in the que has been assigned a ticket. They create so much hype out of it they could easily give them out a lot quicker but make people wait. Not sure about the plastic ones didn't ask.

The gold one ( which ive ordered online) isnt even gold you can hardley tell its different to silver at first. The black is probably the one to go for although doesn't look as good as the current black and slate.

CPW are only doing contracts and o2 had no stock. Safe to say the people who did manage to buy from store will sell for double on eBay.

320d M Sport
I only know one person who managed to get one (in manchester) this Morning.

Whats the point of a launch day if you can't get one that day...?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Proper gutted, wanted to get my phones sorted out this weekend but looks like that won't be happening.

o2 won't be getting any til November apparently.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
So 24 months of the One plan and a 32GB 5S = £1200+

24 months of the same plan on a SIM only 12 month contract + £629 for the phone equals about £980.

I don't see what the point is. You could even buy the phone from Apple on finance @ 15% and save money, so what's the point in buying the phone on contract with a provider if the prices are that out of sync.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Picked up a 5s today, went into car phone warehouse to ask to look at a gold and slate s... The guy said he didn't have any gold and wouldn't let me look at a slate the dick. Went into orange, was shown a slate as they didn't have gold to compare with and bought the slate one. Douche in car phone warehouse lost a sale right there.

very impressed so far, so much better than my (on its last legs) 4.

24 months, unlimited calls and texts, 1.5gb, 4G for £36 a month, quite happy.

i would've liked 32gb but it was £270 whereas I paid £150