ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters
Strewth.

560910d1321752614-quitting-smoking-lotus-john-player-special_1972.jpg

That would explain it - I was born over 14 years after that :eek:

I have no idea which I'll end up with when I go into Apple (if any at all). Will they have the new ones on display or will it just be a big queue and no time to have a look around?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Golds the one

I don't get the problem Dan with the 5S's minor upgrades, the 4S was the same too, if they changed too much they'd have to call it the 6 ;)

Golds the one

I don't get the problem Dan with the 5S's minor upgrades, the 4S was the same too, if they changed too much they'd have to call it the 6 ;)

And then the same people who always moan about the S upgrades would then be moaning that Apple keep making their phone obsolete.

An orange one
I'm getting less and less excited as the days go past, keeping my 5 for the foreseeable, most likely till the 6

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Won't be till next week, I've see some sneaky ones for voda, but nothing concrete.

I'd be interested in the prices seen as I'm staying with vodafone. It turns out that I get a 20% discount with vodafone through work.

182 Cup
I'd be interested in the prices seen as I'm staying with vodafone. It turns out that I get a 20% discount with vodafone through work.

Just check that the discount will apply to the new iPhones, we have a similar scheme with orange through work and it won't apply to the new iPhones for at least 3 months.

AK

M240i
Just check that the discount will apply to the new iPhones, we have a similar scheme with orange through work and it won't apply to the new iPhones for at least 3 months.

I had to argue loads with Orange to get mine on a new iPhone when the 4S came out.

182 Cup
I had to argue loads with Orange to get mine on a new iPhone when the 4S came out.

Was told in the shop that it wasn't possible on saturday (upgrade due 25th) and not for at least 3 months agter release. How did you manage it?

AK

M240i
Was told in the shop that it wasn't possible on saturday (upgrade due 25th) and not for at least 3 months agter release. How did you manage it?

Moaned a lot, phone calls to head office etc. as the documentation about the offer never stated on it that they weren't available for the latest handset at the time.

182 Cup
Moaned a lot, phone calls to head office etc. as the documentation about the offer never stated on it that they weren't available for the latest handset at the time.

Will have to try and find the details of our work deal. Was yours a work deal?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Hoping the contracts won't be too ridiculous although my contract doesn't run out until end of Nov I'm planning on moving away from Voda to Orange as coverage is better with them for me.

VW ID.3
Apartently stock levels are going to be "limited" in shop on release day according to Apple Tweets.
is anybody going to try an Apple store Friday morning?

Golf GTi Mk2
I've pre ordered the 5c on a new contract with o2 (blue since you ask) but there's no mention of when it will be delivered, anyone got any idea if it'll come on Friday?

AK

M240i
iPad event is rumoured to be 15th October.

According to the leaked parts, the fifth generation Apple iPad will be available in Silver, White, Space Grey and Champagne gold color combinations, while the second-generation iPad Mini will be up for grabs in three paint jobs – Silver, White and Space Gray.

Last edited:
  BMW E46 330i Touring
They would say that though to get folk to rush and try and get one

Possibly. Seems most networks are saying it too though; O2 are rumoured to have no stock on Friday and will just be doing orders. Could be they've been restricted until they get their 4G working though.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
So how exactly will it work with the networks and stock for the 5s?

Will there be queues outside the selected network shops on the morning of the 20th? or will it only be order online/phone?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone found anywhere that's doing particularly good deals? For me to upgrade on o2 it's £170 for a 32GB 5C or £260 for a 32GB 5S on a £37 p/m contract (unlim mins & txts with 2GB data). Doesn't seem that bad? From what I've seen orange and t-mobile are marginally cheaper (by about £20 on the phone cost). Three are pretty good if you want 4G..

Won't be till next week, I've see some sneaky ones for voda, but nothing concrete.

HI! Lol. Starting to consider this, as one reason for not upgrading (like my case) has broken. Feel like a new toy, but will get no use out of any of the upgrades...

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
So how exactly will it work with the networks and stock for the 5s?

Will there be queues outside the selected network shops on the morning of the 20th? or will it only be order online/phone?

The networks and resellers have been receiving stock since Monday in perpetuation. Online and phone stock is held in the warehouse ready for orders to be fulfilled Thursday / Friday / Saturday. Retail stock is pushed to store based on store profile (A - most stock / B / C - least stock for example)