ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Picked this up the other day, Renault spark plug spanner set Ele.1382.

Its pretty decent, made by Werkzeug. Set breakoff torque of 17.5nm on the red one and 28nm on the grey one with long plug sockets to fit the f4r etc.
20240307_225401.jpg
20240307_225418.jpg

€676 new apparantly, I paid £40 for it off ebay.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
That's mega

Still wont stop me using a 3/8 ratchet and doing it all by feel 😂

Was watching one ages ago at around a ton but couldnt justify spending that much but at £40 cant moan, my spark plug socket is about knacked so was a no brainer.

I only started torquing plugs on these f4r as sick of them coming loose :LOL:

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Was watching one ages ago at around a ton but couldnt justify spending that much but at £40 cant moan, my spark plug socket is about knacked so was a no brainer.

I only started torquing plugs on these f4r as sick of them coming loose :LOL:
Aye mine have come lose before, absolute shite b******s 😂

I get them to where I'm happy and then just give them a bit more of an eek with the ratchet :ROFLMAO:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up the other day, Renault spark plug spanner set Ele.1382.

Its pretty decent, made by Werkzeug. Set breakoff torque of 17.5nm on the red one and 28nm on the grey one with long plug sockets to fit the f4r etc.View attachment 1683585View attachment 1683586
€676 new apparantly, I paid £40 for it off ebay.

Nice that!

I always torque them on Renaults like you say.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The days of messing around jacking the car up and getting oil everywhere are over. Now the difficult question is do I bother trying to find the oil leak or just change the oil and filter and hope the problem solves itself 🤔
1000031330.jpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
The days of messing around jacking the car up and getting oil everywhere are over. Now the difficult question is do I bother trying to find the oil leak or just change the oil and filter and hope the problem solves itself 🤔
View attachment 1684903
Sadly this didn't work on my 2013 focus, was 1.5L short. So had to jack the car up anyway.

So make sure to check how much you suck out.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I use them to get the majority of it out and just undo the sump plug anyway for the last bits.

Genuinely not that great imo and on 2 cars I tried them on they didn't remove more than 90% of oil hence why I do what I do now.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I use them to get the majority of it out and just undo the sump plug anyway for the last bits.

Genuinely not that great imo and on 2 cars I tried them on they didn't remove more than 90% of oil hence why I do what I do now.
I'd rather leave 10% in than f**k around jacking the car up, at least it'd be 90% cleaner than the stuff that's already in there 🤣

Reactions: MLB

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If your engine takes a filter element rather than a cartridge, you'll get more oil out with a suction pump anyway.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Was eying up a milwaukee caulking gun last night as I've been using resin a lot lately along side normal caulk and was pretty keen until I saw the price!

Ended up going for a Tajima super 12 and 26 as I've heard good things

Anyone used them before?

Screenshot_20240409_120200_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240409_120127_Chrome.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I’ve got one. Nice upgrade from the £5 specials. Although doesn’t auto release as well as I’d hoped.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I could use a new one of those! Why two, what's the difference?
YOU SOUND JUST LIKE MY MRS

haha nah basically one has a really high ratio so can pump some really viscous fluids but has less control (the 26)

And the other has a lot more control but pumps thinner stuff. All according to reviews anyway!

• Haha
Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
YOU SOUND JUST LIKE MY MRS

haha nah basically one has a really high ratio so can pump some really viscous fluids but has less control (the 26)

And the other has a lot more control but pumps thinner stuff. All according to reviews anyway!

Yeah still no idea which one I need, let's buy both👌😂

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Exactly my predicament 😂😂😂

Had to bump it up to £55 for free delivery so treated myself to hands down the best pz2 impact bits money can buy!
Which website? Have you got a link to the pz2 bits please? I go through pz2 like no tomorrow.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if this is really the right place, but thought I'd ask here rather than making a new thread. I've been using a battery powered tyre inflator for a couple of years now and it's topped up countless tyres, but went up in a cloud of smoke this evening so clearly it's time for a new one.
This is what I had before, middle aisle of Lidl job, but was actually exactly what I needed. Seperate power adapter to charge, enough juice to top up 8-12 tyres without recharging and an emergency phone charger and a jump starter (although I never used it).
4087633_1.jpg

Does anyone have any recommendations? Less keen to go the same again after this evening's smoke and Amazon is full of cheap Chinese ones which look more geared for bicycle tyres. Just after a reliable cordless tyre inflator (phone charging would be nice), that can be charged from the mains and has enough juice for at least 4 tyres.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Not sure if this is really the right place, but thought I'd ask here rather than making a new thread. I've been using a battery powered tyre inflator for a couple of years now and it's topped up countless tyres, but went up in a cloud of smoke this evening so clearly it's time for a new one.
This is what I had before, middle aisle of Lidl job, but was actually exactly what I needed. Seperate power adapter to charge, enough juice to top up 8-12 tyres without recharging and an emergency phone charger and a jump starter (although I never used it).
View attachment 1688370
Does anyone have any recommendations? Less keen to go the same again after this evening's smoke and Amazon is full of cheap Chinese ones which look more geared for bicycle tyres. Just after a reliable cordless tyre inflator (phone charging would be nice), that can be charged from the mains and has enough juice for at least 4 tyres.

I’ve got the Milwaukee one runs off the standard batteries.
1713125706411.jpeg

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
View attachment 1688370
What @botfch says, just bite the bullet and buy a real one, only issue is it has a screw on adapter for the valve but someone on here found wee adaptors on amazon or Ebay to save having to screw it on all the time