ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
These are about £125 when the 20% off is on,
they're in a different league with regards to quality
These are the same spanners you buy off the snap on van with Blue Point written on them

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
These are about £125 when the 20% off is on,
they're in a different league with regards to quality
These are the same spanners you buy off the snap on van with Blue Point written on them

90 tooth, nice!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Got a bit carried away earlier and spent nearly £400 on some new kit from halfords with the trusty trade card. I bought the 175pc advanced socket/spanner set (200pc was £70 more and doesnt have anything extra i would need/don't already have), also the small 28pc advanced AF/imperial socket set (bargain at £32 with an additional 3/8th ratchet) as the big sets no longer include old world sizes and i have a classic jag, also an advanced 2 ton jack (recommended on here and great reviews online), and a set of 200mm 2 ton car ramps so i can do regular oil changes without f**king about with a jack/axle stands. Will probably do a few long awaited jobs on the e38 over the weekend 👌🏼

6763C91E-F473-4062-97C3-8B9C98D4C4F9.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The 200 piece has ratchet spanners instead of normal box end ones and also the flexi joints are the proper 360° ball type which are miles better than the pinned ones.

Would be the kit to go for IMO if you didn't already have the spanners.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
The 200 piece has ratchet spanners instead of normal box end ones and also the flexi joints are the proper 360° ball type which are miles better than the pinned ones.

Would be the kit to go for IMO if you didn't already have the spanners.

Yeah i did see that difference but i like to t**t spanners with lump hammers when necessary and i couldn’t see the ratchet mechanism liking that! 😂. I’ll just buy a cheapo set or aldi/lidl ratchet spanners for light work and have the best of both worlds. The flexi-joints i don’t care about, I have probably only used a flexi joint twice before and they will do the job if needed 👍🏼. The £70
Saving was better spent on other bits IMO.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I was seriously tempted to buy that set as well as these were on the 20% ebay offer, but I managed to resist! Looks awesome, love the colour matching.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Well my life is a lie, I thought the notched jaws were for ratcheting not grip

A mate of mine does have the ratcheting open-ended ones, they were a proper revelation 5 years ago when he showed me. He was poor so only had a 10mm and 13mm though 😂 Now works at Bentley and has a toolbox that makes grown men weak at the knees

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Got carried away on eBay and bought this last week. Picked it up Saturday and got it in the shed. Will probably put a thread up about three phase to single phase conversion once it's all sorted but well happy with it!

Picture is as I moved it, I do have the tailstock, splash guard and doors etc.

IMG_20210130_125435.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Mr Moneybags if you're converting from single phase to three phase 😉😂

I looked into getting a 3 phase lift at my dads but there were 2 things in the way

1) My mum
2) Nearly a grand for the converter🥲

J-J

ClioSport Club Member

I looked into getting a 3 phase lift at my dads but there were 2 things in the way

1) My mum

Depends on your plan of attack. I've bought an amazon VFD and 5 switch control module. Cost 150 quid all in so not too bad. Reusing existing motor and have forward, reverse, start, stop and speed control all in one unit.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

1) My mum

Worth having a look if you can get three phase to the house if you say it’s for a car charger you can get grants I believe. ;)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Bloke I work with bought these the other day😍 WANT!!

View attachment 1518473
I wanted these till you actually see their limitations. Go watch some YouTube reviews of them and they can easily get stuck in low access areas which is a bit annoying. They will hold a nut and allow 12pt open ended capture, but other than that, they don’t do a great deal.
For how infrequently you need it, a bit of electrical tape still works perfect for holding a nut to an open ended spanner and you can rip it off if you need to.

Look trick though

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on your plan of attack. I've bought an amazon VFD and 5 switch control module. Cost 150 quid all in so not too bad. Reusing existing motor and have forward, reverse, start, stop and speed control all in one unit.
Dangerous. Not for you but for my dad who has always wanted a lift! 😂

Worth having a look if you can get three phase to the house if you say it’s for a car charger you can get grants I believe. ;)
I've been trying to get a 4 poster at work for a while. I'd be the only one to use it but I'll ask for anything if I can justify it 😂

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Did you get to plan the most manly tetris ever putting the tool trays in?

Took three of us an hour to do mine. Also did it come with the stickers for the front to show what's in each drawer?

Yeah it did take an absolute age to get it all unpacked and sorted.
It did come with the stickers yeah but I haven’t used them the pics are to small for me to see will get the label printer out instead.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Them stickers are an absolute god send when looking for something. You got any pics with the drawers open? Be interested to see what comes in it.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Got carried away on eBay and bought this last week. Picked it up Saturday and got it in the shed. Will probably put a thread up about three phase to single phase conversion once it's all sorted but well happy with it!

Picture is as I moved it, I do have the tailstock, splash guard and doors etc.

View attachment 1519107
awesome, what ya making?