ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Fortunately for me, i've never had a fastener on any of my cars put up much of a fight.
With what these bloody things cost, i'm certainly not hitting them with a sodding hammer... f'king butcher!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Tbh I don't blame you, mine are only Halfords so not arsed really

My snap-on gun was fine in the rain and when gearbox oil occasionally got spilt on it 😂 I'm trying to look after my Milwaukee stuff so when it starts spitting I lob them under the car 😂

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Why?

That's like purposefully asking for a small c**k at birth 😂

Because its me thats buying them and thats what I prefer😂😂

Rather have the rigidity and know the spanner will be where I want it to be when reaching into awkward places and able to put force on it without it having a mind of its own

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Because its me thats buying them and thats what I prefer😂😂

Rather have the rigidity and know the spanner will be where I want it to be when reaching into awkward places and able to put force on it without it having a mind of its own
Sounds like you need to stop being a flannel tbh 😂

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I want a decent rechargeable handheld work light. Anyone got any recommendations?
Almost wouldnt mind one that has a stand

Clio 2.0 138hp
I want a decent rechargeable handheld work light. Anyone got any recommendations?
Almost wouldnt mind one that has a stand
Check out unlite. I have the slr-500 and the slr-1000 and cant fault them. Can be used easily handheld but also have a stand, magnets, hook and tripod mount

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I’ve a few decent ones but my dad has this sealey one and prefer using that. It’s just always really easy to get it mounted wherever you need when working in tight spaces and plenty bright enough. It’s on my long list

C97F50DF-7606-454D-BA37-20EEE95E50CE.png

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, by stand I mean like a recharging base you can just plonk it into. Rather than having to find the cable everytime and plug it in

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I have this really handy sticks almost anywhere and has hooks if it’s not magnetic.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Decided on a sealey set in the end rather than forking out for Bluepoint / Snap on

As for torches, led auto lamps do one with a dock but its smaller than most normal inspection lamps

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
f**k that, I smack my ratchet spanners with a lump hammer to crack s**t free

Life is too short to be messing about like a woman 😂

I think working mobile fleet and hgv for 10 years shaped the way I care for tools.

Start out caring, drying them off and after a while you’re on your back wondering how you ended up doing this... dragging your new impact gun through the wet mud & your tools are all soaked through. It’s when you get back out Monday morning and open your tool box and it’s all pissing wet inside still, been stewing all weekend.

To be fair though there’s not much I’ve broken despite the abuse.

I did mention it the other day but my Halfords flexi ratchet spanners are still good and I have hammered (literally) them too. Broke most of my Mac ones doing the same abuse.

I love flexi stuff, some people don’t seem to but I use my flexi ratchets for almost every job. It’s pretty rare I’ll pickup a rigid ratchet.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I think working mobile fleet and hgv for 10 years shaped the way I care for tools.

Start out caring, drying them off and after a while you’re on your back wondering how you ended up doing this... dragging your new impact gun through the wet mud & your tools are all soaked through. It’s when you get back out Monday morning and open your tool box and it’s all pissing wet inside still, been stewing all weekend.

To be fair though there’s not much I’ve broken despite the abuse.

I did mention it the other day but my Halfords flexi ratchet spanners are still good and I have hammered (literally) them too. Broke most of my Mac ones doing the same abuse.

I love flexi stuff, some people don’t seem to but I use my flexi ratchets for almost every job. It’s pretty rare I’ll pickup a rigid ratchet.
Thank you for the suggestion, I've just ordered a set of the flex head ratchet spanners from Halfords. £56 with trade discount for 8 to 19mm spanners, what a bargain and £14 saving.

Pick them up tomorrow

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
As a Yorkshireman I begrudge paying more than a tenner for a light I'm only going to drop in a 15l drum of old diesel oil 😂

Or my phone which I did once 🤦‍♂️

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
As a Yorkshireman I begrudge paying more than a tenner for a light I'm only going to drop in a 15l drum of old diesel oil 😂

Or my phone which I did once 🤦‍♂️

Haha, i remember watching an apprentice do exactly that with his work boot. Gleefully kicked it off on a Friday before going home for a long weekend and it landed straight in a full drain tray of diesel oil. Hahaha.

Didnt shine there did ya son! :D

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got various lights (being a torch geek) inc snap on puck lights etc.

I bought this the other week and it’s actually really good. Has magnet on bottom and back, the lamp part can go to 180° and then spin round so you can close it back up with the LED out even. The lamp LED is fully dimmable with a thumb wheel. It also has an LED right on the tip with a separate switch so you can poke it in places. It’s actually quite small and when folded it’s about the size of a clasped hand.

4E2F0780-EE2F-4C40-9814-25E88C5FFE0A.jpeg

EA7E3850-35CF-45C1-B71D-E4374AC36C01.jpeg

I did also find the unbranded version of this type of light made by snap-on on eBay in the US but to be honest the Ring one is better as it’s smaller and the head is more movable.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Air ratchet because big compressor. Surprisingly useful.

Attachments

• IMG_20201214_193722.jpg
    IMG_20201214_193722.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Another light. Just can’t help myself. Unilite’s new IL-375. Adjustable brightness on the making flood, magnets all over and only 6mm wide it’s super low pro. Alloy and composite body, and USB C charging. £40 quid on special at Unilite.
Oh and I took some pics of it on this time. 😅

View attachment 1510948View attachment 1510949View attachment 1510950View attachment 1510951View attachment 1510952View attachment 1510953View attachment 1510954View attachment 1510955View attachment 1510956View attachment 1510957
Unilite are a great quality brand, I source and sell their stuff through work and have been to their HQ, really nice stuff.

Did you take any more pics?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I'm only joking but the comment last time was seeing it actually on, I didn't say I needed a full on give me a tiger growl photo shoot whilst your widgy was getting moist in anticipation of all the dark things you're going to light up 😂
You’re going to get the private video by PM next time. Illuminated leopard skin speedos incoming. 🤣

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Looking at buying some “Torque sticks” for doing quick wheel changes anyone had much experience of them?