ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New S-Class Coupe...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh my, other levels of want, I do like the CLA at times, Red AMG model is superb looking but the S-Class looks great. Not cheap but what a great alternative to a boring Bmw equivalent. Story here...

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29403

MercSClassCoupe_01.jpg

MercSClassCoupe_04-L.jpg

MercSClassCoupe_02-L.jpg

MercSClassCoupe_09-L.jpg

MercSClassCoupe_03-L.jpg

MercSClassCoupe_05-L.jpg

MercSClassCoupe_076-L.jpg

Specced properly it's probably more than a decent SLS! Still want!

The back is horrendous. Looks like a Peugeot or something... the badge is in the wrong place, looks too low. The rest is OK, but certainly "new levels of want" Kevin!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'd side more with the Peugeot look at the back! Again compared with equivalents it's awesome!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
The interior is stunning.. exterior isn't bad.. I guess you don't look at the mantelpiece when you poke the fire. I think its a shape that will grow on you over time, I look forward to seeing on in the flesh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Big fan of the Newer Mercedes range. Even sort of 08> C class looks superb.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yeah not really sure how this is better than the equivalent BMW. Looks alright..nothing special though. The price will no doubt be outrageous too

An orange one
It is a stunning looking thing, but thanks to the Peugeot comment above, I will only ever see a Peugeot rear end from now on!

Interior looks sublime!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I'm more a fan of the interior than the exterior, not that it is in any way ugly.

I agree with everyone who has said Merc have really stepped up their game recently, some lovely looking models have been produced.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Did they run out of budget after the rear quarter?

6-er is far nicer.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love that. Properly nice.

I really dislike the new bmw's at the moment. Very bland.

Disastra Coupe
Yea, i'm also struggling to see how this looks better than an equivalent BMW? I mean, it looks smart - but that back end is a bloody Laguna! Hahaha...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's interesting. I love the M6 but the difference is night and day!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Neighbour has one of these new shape models and it's bloody ugly when sat next to his slightly older version. He even agrees himself.

Tangoed Works
The styling across all mercedes is pretty tight at the moment. Although I agree with the Peugeot comments, in the metal it will look far classier. Got one of these on the way come march and it's something I would never previously had considered. I think they have done well to make the cars appeal to younger folk.

214AAF6C-2E57-42C1-90E5-FABF23089A72_zpseqbrxhhk.jpg

3366DEC3-4787-4CBF-9D00-69156FEC5E8B_zpsbokvhfqb.jpg

Most of the current merc range look far better in real life than in pictures due to the finish on the paint. I personally can't wait to see the C63 replacement.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The C63 replacement is going to be insane after the success of this one.

How do the model names go on mercedes? Bmw have E46/E90 etc? I've forgotten Mercedes one.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
W and then the model number. So for example W124, W202 etc.

The above is W222 IIRC. (or at least that's the current S class, don't know if the coupe version has a separate number)