ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

997.1, Caddy, e208
To old and not on the list for trade in 😕.
Screenshot_20240119_074130_Chrome.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You need to type it don't use the drop down box. I got £190 for a note 10+.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Glad I went for the titanium grey and not black this time. Colour looks lovely. I'd like a colour like the "blue" on the new iPhones but alas they gave us puke yellow/gold.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Glad I went for the titanium grey and not black this time. Colour looks lovely. I'd like a colour like the "blue" on the new iPhones but alas they gave us puke yellow/gold.

The Wife was torn between the grey or the blue, they end up covered over in a case anyway.

Watching a video last night shown how nice the grey was in different lights.
They've finally evened out the black borders on the screen too!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The Wife was torn between the grey or the blue, they end up covered over in a case anyway.

Watching a video last night shown how nice the grey was in different lights.
They've finally evened out the black borders on the screen too!
I take mine out the case in the house to use. But i've had black for years, nice change. The back is also meant to have a very slight texture so maybe not as slidey as these glass slippery f*****s just now... will see. Might be in edinburgh on Saturday so I imagine they will have them in store already to see?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Seems one of the biggest things not too many have mentioned is the new screen glass from corning. Less "repetition scratches" that has plagued iPhone and Samsung since they moved more to droppable glass. The scratch resistance seems softer.

This new one is so less reflective and outside is a massive difference in some videos I've seen.

20240122_075246.jpg
20240122_125530.jpg
20240122_125532.jpg
20240122_125550.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
@Oggy997 Any other discount codes for samsung floating about I forgot to put the screen protectors in my basket! Have reward points to use.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Go one dude, had previous points that they gave me for the s24 order... but then haven't taken them off! :ROFLMAO:

The reason I usually order samsung...

I don't like glass protectors either. I never even used to use protectors but the softer modern screens woud kills me to see thumb marks on my screen everyday like some of the iphones i see.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Why aren't you on some epp is the question.
Throwing so much money away that you need to charge £100/h to offset it?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Why aren't you on some epp is the question.
Throwing so much money away that you need to charge £100/h to offset it?
Is there one you would recommend. We've never used anything like that.

997.1, Caddy, e208
I've not had a delay nor despatched email yet.

Could do with it being delivered tomorrow, the hire car is a Crossland, so if i have a reason to Wfh tomorrow over Thursday/Friday then it saves me the embarrassment of driving that to the office.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I was 1st of feb anyway. :ROFLMAO:
Mines (wife's) is 9th Feb. We was set for 24th but messed about throughout the day at work before ordering once home, but then the delivery was 9th.

She's not fussed though.
She's really looking forward to the notes improvements as she loves the notes on her s22 ultra.

997.1, Caddy, e208

Could do with it being delivered tomorrow, the hire car is a Crossland, so if i have a reason to Wfh tomorrow over Thursday/Friday then it saves me the embarrassment of driving that to the office.
Being delivered today, thank f**k for that, really don't want to drive that Vauxhall

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Jeeez thoughts and prayers mate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Being delivered today, thank f**k for that, really don't want to drive that Vauxhall
Winning. I'd consider homelessness from job loss over taking a grandadland or a crossland in public.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Winning. I'd consider homelessness from job loss over taking a grandadland or a crossland in public.
It's currently parked outside my house which is bad enough, though we've moved it out of the view of the cctv so I don't see it too often.

She moved it, I'll not even step foot in it unless we don't have the Peugeot back for when we go on holiday where we need 5 doors.

997.1, Caddy, e208
I didn't think you could get smoother than it already was, but this phone is slick.

I like it already, and definitely feels an improvement over the s23u.

Really not happy with the colour though, it's more like a white.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It would look nice ice blue with silver rails but I can't get on with the black, it doesn't suit the green either.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
@Oggy997 How you getting on so far. Interested to hear how people back up their android phone, it's one thing that has always annoyed me compared with apple, although their photo situation is a mess imo.

I want google to say here is our icloud. Back up your entire phone exactly. Lose it? Just walk into a shop, buy a phone log in and download and your phone will appear. Why is that so difficult?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

A problem on the victus phones was microscratches. See most iphones and s22/s23.

997.1, Caddy, e208
@Oggy997 How you getting on so far. Interested to hear how people back up their android phone, it's one thing that has always annoyed me compared with apple, although their photo situation is a mess imo.

I want google to say here is our icloud. Back up your entire phone exactly. Lose it? Just walk into a shop, buy a phone log in and download and your phone will appear. Why is that so difficult?
I like it, the anti glare makes it kindle like, it seems more responsive than the s23. I've not used it a great deal though, it probably is a relatively minor upgrade, but it's an upgrade & hopefully rids me of the issues that plagued s23 ownership. I could l replicate the issue on pretty much every call but they said they couldn't with hours of testing.

Belive it or not, smart switch transferred everything except logins. I don't use Samsung pass but had I, it would've been almost seamless.
The process was weird though, kept prompting me for a sim card, it would move forward and ask again, not sure if that was the desired path it should take, but I got there in the end.

21 minutes to transfer everything across and only one app didn't transfer.