ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new boost bus (Subaru content)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So, I was looking for a classic Impreza for a few weeks, couldn't find any worth viewing let alone buying until imprezaworks sent me a link to one in Manchester. After a few emails back and forth I landed in Manchester at around 09:40 on Saturday and by lunchtime it was mine. Previous owner was a really nice bloke, a true petrolhead who really pampered it. (Has been garaged for the last 5 years!)

It's an X reg UK Impreza Turbo with a genuine 55k miles and a few tasteful mods -

Rota GRA 17" gunmetal alloy wheels
Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40R17 tyres
Resprayed bumpers, colour coded skirts/spats
STI V6 front lip splitter colour coded
De-tangoed
STI rear lights
Debadged boot
Walbro fuel pump
Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust
KYB adjustable shocks
H&R lowering springs
STI 7 front and rear seats
Prodrive quickshift
Map slightly tweaked to suit exhaust

Here are some photos from the FS thread:

scoob_fs_01_zps9be2e1d7.gif

scoob_fs_02_zpsa499b216.gif

scoob_fs_05_zps766fa58f.gif

scoob_fs_06_zpse6f2a0e4.gif

scoob_fs_08_zps6fc278ba.gif

scoob_fs_09_zpse9519c52.gif

scoob_fs_15_zpsfd4de0c7.gif

Only done around 250 miles so far :eek: Love it, the grip is fantastic and the rumble turns heads everywhere. I've had a few thumbs up from people in traffic which is nice.

Just going to enjoy it over the summer then maybe add a little more bhp :evil:

​C&C Welcome :approve:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's very nice mate. The interior clashes slightly but it looks immaculate I must say and it's been very well looked after!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice one !!

Sounds like a brilliant example. Well cared for etc... good find.

Be prepared to wave at anyone in a Subaru from now until you sell up. Cracks me up every time !!

Clio 197
Looking good!

very nice! i keep looking at classics scoobs, mpg please?

27-28MPG tops, book claims around 30 which is a bit optimistic! I have had a classic and bug eye and despite the differences in tank size the bug was slightly better than the classic

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Cheers all.

The sound is great and I grin every time I start it. :eek: Although it's very, very loud.

The car is from South Lancashire/North Manchester, town called Rossendale. As for MPG, I couldn't even tell you how much petrol is! I've never really been interested in MPG, I'd get too depressed if I did, lol.

WR1 impreza
Cheers all.

The sound is great and I grin every time I start it. :eek: Although it's very, very loud.

The car is from South Lancashire/North Manchester, town called Rossendale. As for MPG, I couldn't even tell you how much petrol is! I've never really been interested in MPG, I'd get too depressed if I did, lol.

You never get sick of the sound. My stereo is redundant lol Every journey feels like an event that you just dont get driving other cars.

Looks absolutely superb and a real credit to the previous owner, looks in great condition

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Since Saturday lunch time the stereo hasn't been turned on once!!! LOL :cool:

Agreed, it feels so special on every journey.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Looks great really like that colour seems a very good find!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had an open cone (non oiled for maf purposes) on my impreza and the noises they make are hardon inducing.

I highly recommend an open cone induction kit! lol.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Looking good!

27-28MPG tops, book claims around 30 which is a bit optimistic! I have had a classic and bug eye and despite the differences in tank size the bug was slightly better than the classic

What??
I never saw over 20mpg in any of mine.

wjb

Clio 1.4 16v
Very nice mate, looks like a mint example.

The mods listed on it are decent too, although that blitz nur spec is quite loud if I remember correctly ;)

If you can find a genuine 'classic' prodrive rear spoiler I would advise that as an upgrade because it sets the car off perfectly, I had one on my RB5... They are like rocking horse poo though.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Cheers all. Just been out in it, the colour looks even more stunning in the evening and my god can it take a corner! Lol

Will take me a while getting used to it as it's my first 4WD car.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Lovely. Same as my last one which I modded to 305bhp, was mint and very quick

Scoob4.jpg