ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Mintest RB 182 in the country...

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
@Dr Jekyll is lovely, he doesn't give it/himself enough credit.

@cb10 is also going to be amazing. I think more people will start to do this sort of restoration over the next few years.

Anyway not one to miss an opportunity to be an ASW:

IMG_3642.jpg
MW-180415123140-6890.jpg
IMG_3827.JPG

I think mine is classified as fit from far, far from fit!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is getting there but wouldn’t say mint. Still got a few things to do yet, want to enjoy it this summer first but maybe after next winter and got a few more bits I might just might call it mint!!
View attachment 1367157View attachment 1367158View attachment 1367160View attachment 1367161View attachment 1367162View attachment 1367163

That's a pretty good contender there right there. There's a bunch that look tidy on the outside but that looks like it's getting to @Phase1sr levels of mint under the surface.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Mine is getting there but wouldn’t say mint. Still got a few things to do yet, want to enjoy it this summer first but maybe after next winter and got a few more bits I might just might call it mint!!
View attachment 1367157View attachment 1367158View attachment 1367160View attachment 1367161View attachment 1367162View attachment 1367163

That's a pretty good contender there right there. There's a bunch that look tidy on the outside but that looks like it's getting to @Phase1sr levels of mint under the surface.
Cheers mate, it's clear that everyone's perception of "mint" is very different.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If I had a mint car it would definitely blunt the experience
Same. I think I'd actually hate owning a mint car. Probably why I've never bought anything brand new
See now owning a new car wouldn't bother me so much, well I'd at least drive it in the rain.
Of course I'd still worry about where I parked it because of some t**t hitting there door into it etc..

But working on something that you love and go out of your way to make as mint as you possibly can becomes stressful at times.

So when it's finally finished you try your best to look after it, not only the time you've spent but the money you've invested.
If I had a mint car it would definitely blunt the experience
It does a bit.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I love your ambition with the scoob but a mix of time, know how etc would drive to simply not liking the car. Well not driving it etc.

Take nothing away from the achievement and what people enjoy doing, hats off.

My ocd level stops with weekly washing, making sure nothing is hanging off and not parking to close to people.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I love your ambition with the scoob but a mix of time, know how etc would drive to simply not liking the car. Well not driving it etc.

Take nothing away from the achievement and what people enjoy doing, hats off.

My ocd level stops with weekly washing, making sure nothing is hanging off and not parking to close to people.
I took it out twice over the weekend, I even parked it on some cut grass.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Haha, blackgold in the sun beats all. For 5 minutes anyway.

Renault really did get the colours right with the 172/182's all of them were really good.

Golf Gti edition 30
hy05xgn was my one that i got from steve at r-sport.It had just turned 40k when i sold it jan 2017.Spent a fortune on it and was incredibly clean.
Have driven numerous 182s and that one drove the best when it was n/a and was also completely reliable.Then i made the worst decision of my life and dropped it off at clioturbo and it went downhill from there.

It’s probably the one that Millennium Hereos recently sold for ~8k. It was on circa 13k miles and unmodified. Lovely looking thing.

Land Rover
Mine is very clean, but the best one l saw when looking was a 22,000 miler at a dealer in London.
But it was too dear for me.