ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The LOWEST MK2?

Had a set of custom springs made about a month ago......ive been having them slightly modified as the weeks went by until they were right for the car........picked them up today and put them on! I ended up winding the front down some more to match :)

I measured it against a standard clio, From the top of the arch to the center of the wheel......

Standard Clio: Front-360mm - Back-350mm

My Clio: Front-260mm - Back-230mm

Overall Drop: Front-100mm - Back-120mm

Few pics....

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

still handles like its on rails, and no rubbage at all! :)

R56 JCW
Ur crazy mate, they wont let u on the ferry to the IOM

Car will look even better when u get your side strips on and others stuff :D

'02 MG TF160
Sorry to say it, but that looks ridiculous to me.

There's low, and there's silly low which looks like your car has no suspension...

Hyundai i40
looks well sweet jord!!!!

ill be laughing watching u get off the boat with ur planks:rasp:

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
congrats!! u'll get plenty that tell you it wont handle worth a f**k but ive been there done that (not quite that low though!) and can confirm it still fuckin handles alright!!!

congrats!! u'll get plenty that tell you it wont handle worth a f**k but ive been there done that (not quite that low though!) and can confirm it still f**kin handles alright!!!

yeah heard it before on my other threads......roundabouts near me at 60mph not a prob!

Ultra Red Clio 197
too low! cant understand how it doesnt rub! would love to see it go on some of the country roads around me! you would loose your bumpers! lol... however well done for acheiving your goal to get it so low!!

Suzuki Swift Sport
That looks awesome! :) reminds me of a friends cooper s which was similarly low! id imagine it handles great on smooth roads, but cant imagine it would be great with our rough yorkshire backroads... dont think there would be any bumpers remaining on it after a good thrashing!

Will look 10x better once the trims are back on lad...

the springs must hardly have any coils on them lol, my silver clio was about the same on the back as yours with no springs when i wanted to see how low it could go

MLNA0001.jpg

You got any pics of the springs?

PS. if you are ever near leeds i would be interested in doing some pics of the car... check out some i took today...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=285377

and my flickr account

www.flickr.com/photos/playtoymotorsport

Nick

pm'd

Will look 10x better once the trims are back on lad...

the springs must hardly have any coils on them lol, my silver clio was about the same on the back as yours with no springs when i wanted to see how low it could go

MLNA0001.jpg

You got any pics of the springs?

Your looks lower than mine with springs haha

Got your PM :cool:

;)

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
love it! makes me want a mk2 :evil:

in fact being a member on here has made me a mk2 ph2 lover! i wasnt overly keen on them at first, but the more of them i see on here modified, the more i can see myself owning one :quiet:

what have you done to me!!!!!:dead: ;)