ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
As others have said Andy, stick with it mate.

Final furlong now....
Cheers Oli. I hope you and the family are all well. :) With a bit of luck we'll get a chance to catch-up sometime soon.
Yeah, I'm sticking with it. I just need to crack that whip a bit harder to keep Mick on his toes! :p

It will be worth the wait once it’s completed!
I sincerely hope so, Tim! I've got a list as long as my arm of people who want to see it and have a ride.

There's light at the end of the tunnel (but don't walk towards it just yet, Trophy casket or otherwise!)
:p Thanks for the advice, I would dearly like to experience Le B'stard Clio Rouge before I pop my proverbial clogs!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I finally got my a$$ into gear and sent my Sachs dampers off for refurb over the weekend. I was going to send them to either Cornering Force or BG Motorsport but ultimately decided to send them to some guy I know... :p I will post up the results as and when they are done (but it won't be for a while as he's extremely busy at the moment!)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I finally got my a$$ into gear and sent my Sachs dampers off for refurb over the weekend. I was going to send them to either Cornering Force or BG Motorsport but ultimately decided to send them to some guy I know... :tongueout: I will post up the results as and when they are done (but it won't be for a while as he's extremely busy at the moment!)

Is it Fred :tonguewink:?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Still waiting for the arrival of some parts mate, which is holding things up somewhat. I believe they should be arriving in the next week or two (tops).

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Can’t wait to see this finished.

Keep your chin up mate. You’re one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in this scene and you thoroughly deserve to have your car back finished to a high standard. Let’s be honest it’s now in just about the best hands possible to get it sorted.

Hope to see you at CSF this year!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Can’t wait to see this finished.

Keep your chin up mate. You’re one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in this scene and you thoroughly deserve to have your car back finished to a high standard. Let’s be honest it’s now in just about the best hands possible to get it sorted.

Hope to see you at CSF this year!
Thanks mate, I really appreciate the kind words and always enjoy catching up with you when we do bump into each other (on those rare occasions!) As soon as it's back up and running I'm planning on doing LOADS of shows / events. I just wish it were ready now!

Hopefully we can have that catch-up soon... all the best fella! :)

How far away are we?
Sadly it hit a bit of a hurdle so it's not made anywhere near the sort of progress I would have liked. I'm still waiting on a few items (the 'glue' to hold everything else together!) but hope to have another update soon. Sorry I don't have anything else to offer at the moment! :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
My patience is running a little thinner now mate. I'll be incredibly upset if it's not done this year and will most likely call it quits. I'm so, so, SOOOO pi$$ed that I'm in this position.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Thanks mate, I really appreciate the kind words and always enjoy catching up with you when we do bump into each other (on those rare occasions!) As soon as it's back up and running I'm planning on doing LOADS of shows / events. I just wish it were ready now!

Hopefully we can have that catch-up soon... all the best fella! :)

Sadly it hit a bit of a hurdle so it's not made anywhere near the sort of progress I would have liked. I'm still waiting on a few items (the 'glue' to hold everything else together!) but hope to have another update soon. Sorry I don't have anything else to offer at the moment! :(

Is it just waiting for parts that's the issue ? What are you needing?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Pretty much mate. There's nothing major needed now in terms of parts (hopefully not anyway!) so just waiting for the nuts and studs and then go again.

Can't see why nuts and studs should take more than a week even if custom made.
What sizes are you needing?
Hope it gets moving again soon.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Can't see why nuts and studs should take more than a week even if custom made.
What sizes are you needing?
Hope it gets moving again soon.
Because they're not coming from a regular source and the guy sorting for me has been on holiday and starts back tomorrow.

Why do I feel I have to keep f**king justifying myself?!?!?!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
EDIT:
Before it gets taken the wrong way that last comment was not aimed at you @davo172 !! It was a general 'toys out the pram' comment as I'm frustrated at the lack of progress.

Fair enough mate many people on here want to see it finished too and not see you seem to be keep getting fobbed off.
I understand the frustration just wondered if it was anything I could help with.
No offence taken ?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Because they're not coming from a regular source and the guy sorting for me has been on holiday and starts back tomorrow.

Why do I feel I have to keep f**king justifying myself?!?!?!
You having some fancy pants titanium fasteners made? C'mon, as a cnc machinist shiny bits make me tingle, I wanna know!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough mate many people on here want to see it finished too and not see you seem to be keep getting fobbed off.
I understand the frustration just wondered if it was anything I could help with.
No offence taken ?
Exactly mate, I know you understand the frustration and I am grateful for the offer of support! That's why I wanted it to be absolutely clear that it was not a comment aimed at you (or anyone else) for that matter! Well, apart from maybe one person who seems to have strangely disappeared...

All the best mate, cheers! :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
You having some fancy pants titanium fasteners made? C'mon, as a cnc machinist shiny bits make me tingle, I wanna know!
:p All will be revealed in due course... don't get too excited, though! I'm just having the aforementioned nuts and studs made up so that they are a little bit better suited to high temperature, high stress / vibration yet can fit in the confined spaces of the engine bay once turbo, etc. are squeezed in there. It's quite common for parts to shear or come loose due to not being able to suitably mount and tighten them. There ain't much room in the back of that there engine bay and, if at all possible, we want to avoid grinding away some of the mount. There's not much meat to play with and they have been known to crack.

As for titanium... well... I like it. :) Not necessarily for k-nuts and studs though. Or do I? :)

Well, I’m going to leave this comment here so that I know I’m up to date...

On another note.... Do any of you lot feel like we should start a “Let’s get Sharky’s Clio Finished” Patreon page ?

If you think we should... let me know and I’ll get it going ?

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

On another note.... Do any of you lot feel like we should start a “Let’s get Sharky’s Clio Finished” Patreon page ?

Worse investment than cryptocurrency ?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Anymore progress?
Nothing major to report mate. Bit of a hold up sadly as the nuts and studs haven't turned up yet! Mick's waiting on those to arrive so he can start putting things back together and move on to the next stage. The more we look at it, the more we realise is left to be done. Still, we're aiming to get it done asap.

?LOL! I appreciate the sentiment but really don't want to go down that route. It's all under control. Sort of!

Worse investment than cryptocurrency ?
Far, far worse! :p

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing major to report mate. Bit of a hold up sadly as the nuts and studs haven't turned up yet! Mick's waiting on those to arrive so he can start putting things back together and move on to the next stage. The more we look at it, the more we realise is left to be done. Still, we're aiming to get it done asap.

?LOL! I appreciate the sentiment but really don't want to go down that route. It's all under control. Sort of!

Far, far worse! :p
Surely stud and nut conversion can be almost the last thing to be done? Shouldn't hold up progress, I assume it's just using normal wheel bolts at the moment?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
June 2018 - Update #1

Another quick update. The nuts and studs arrived and are a perfect fit - nice and secure without having to hack chunks out with the Dremel! Progress is progress... I'll take it. :)

20180604_fittings.jpg

Thanks to Rik for the nuts / studs and to Mick (Diamond Motors) for the assembly and photo.