ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Latest Project.

cheaper to fly too! about a ton return usually from edinburgh to bristol airport compared to probably £150 in fuel plus wasting a day driving.

106 GTi
Loony said:
cheaper to fly too! about a ton return usually from edinburgh to bristol airport compared to probably £150 in fuel plus wasting a day driving.

Crazy, also means more drinking time!

Saner said:
I may have a car for you to do later this year! the full work depending on price!

No worries let me know what you need to doing and I will try and sort you a good price.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Hmm, £50 to effectively renew my paint. This is getting very tempting. I live in Manchester and work SW of Swindon so Gloucester is right on my way... I hate my swirls! I doubt anyone else sees them, but I know there there! I hate them, I can't sleep!

How long do you reckon it'd take you to do? If I'm driving from Manchester or Swindon, car's gonna need washing by the time I get to you.

106 GTi
With a wash, then a machine polish and seal or wax depending on the swirls most likely 4 - 6 hours.

106 GTi
Nice one, make sure the clay is nice and soft before you use it, its so cold at the moment that if the clay goes hard you could harm your paintwork.

The microwave was used to warm up the clay to do the 205 at the weekend!

BMW Z4 3.0i
Rich, I'm strongly considering paying you a visit (and £50 ;) ) Do you have somewehere indoors in case I arrange to visit and it's crappy weather? Is there any kind of preparation you'd like me to do to it first if I brought it to you? like don't wax for a while, or wash it and make sure there are no tar spots (which there are ATM).

I went to Halfords and found that scratch X was £10. I'm still mulling it over but I'm thinking I might well just go the whole hog and come see you.

106 GTi
Gaz - I have a garage, but unfortuantley its not big enough to work on a car in, so the weather would need to be good. My friends work unit was used for the 205 so I dont have access to that again unfortunatley.

Washed and de-tared would be ideal, it would need another wash when you got here anyway though. Wax can still be done, the polish will cut right through that.

172 Cup
I see a business emerging for you Rich, as well as arms like Popeye before you're finished with everyone's car. lol.