ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Latest Project.

106 GTi
Not a Clio but at least its French!

Show prep on a friends 205 1.9 GTi, yesterday for about 10 hours lol, ready for an event next weekend.

Wash
Clay
PC polish with:
DP Super Swirl Remover and Light Cut Pad
Meguiars 80 Speed Glaze and a Polishing Pad
Klasse AIO Finishing Pad in trouble Spots
Sealed with Four Star UPP.

Mate concentrated on the Wheels, arches, re painted brakes, metalwork etc. His g/f and owner came along to put the finishing touches to it.

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_7898.jpg

IMG_8077.jpg

Pictures dont do justice to the work, car looked grey in places when half polished, but it is 16 years old.

IMG_8079.jpg

top work.

with this weather though, by the time he's driven to the show, it will be filthy again - especially under the arches.

106 GTi
It was driven out the workshop this morning into the snow, so your right there, we will clean it on site at the show though!

RS 200
Have the arches always been spotless or have they had some work to get them like that as they are looking really good for a 16 year old car.

Chris

at least its all off now though, should only need a quick wash at the show, jack it up and a quick wash around the arches to get rid of the loose dirt and then a nice polish

at that dub show we was at, my mates car who i was in hadnt been washed since september, took it there, gave it a quick wash and one coat of tech wax and won the 'best paint' award.. lol

106 GTi
TELFORDS_LURK said:
Have the arches always been spotless or have they had some work to get them like that as they are looking really good for a 16 year old car.

Chris

The pics hide a bit to be honest Chris, they could do with a lick of paint, but they where just cleaned yesterday.

Guy - thats quality!

106 GTi
Not as yet, but they have a set ready to do, have you got a colour match to the Silver on Peugeot Speedlines as they may be tempted.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Unmolested classic in white, very nice looking. You could get rid of the huge tax disc holder in favour of a clear circular one though :)

looks good bigboy, fair bit of masking tape on there. Oddly I was only talking to Dwayne yesterday about his old red 205 and he was moaning about all the black trim being a pain when he waxed it.

106 GTi
Loony said:
looks good bigboy, fair bit of masking tape on there. Oddly I was only talking to Dwayne yesterday about his old red 205 and he was moaning about all the black trim being a pain when he waxed it.

After the pain I had getting it off my old one, by hand I didnt want to risk it by machine! Took as long to mask up as it did to polish!

106 GTi
GazCB said:
Unmolested classic in white, very nice looking. You could get rid of the huge tax disc holder in favour of a clear circular one though :)

Mildly tweaked, PSOOC club tax disc holder as Guy said so she wont lose that!

pecan said:
Looks lovely. Any pics of the back end?

Will sort some later for you.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Rich said:
Yeah they should look good when done

Nowt, it was a favour best mate, plus he kept me fed and watered lol!

Get up to the NW and i will buy you some beer and a Sunday Roast...! Well if you clean my car for 10hrs that is..!

That workshop looks bigger than my house!

Good work there, could go into business by the looks of things restoring cars to their former glory.

106 GTi
Evogone - Lol!

Workshop was huge when we cleared a space! Its a unit of the window comapny my mate works for, normally full of double glazing.

Wow Rich that car looks brand new which for an actual new car wouldn't be a compliment for you I know,... but for a 16 year old car - just wow!!!

106 GTi
Cheers Mark, you may get a Pm soon, as it could do with a rotary in a few trouble spots. But in the same token, the paint is mighty thin in places. I put some tape on the rear quater where I didnt want to touch it even with the PC.

106 GTi
That would be needed Brazo, though in some places you dont even need it!

Not in the NW unfortunatly, live in Gloucestershire, for a machine polish on a small hatchback approx £50.

tiTTy & SV650
i always intended on making mine mint but never got round to it, very nice job. good luck with the show.

106 GTi
Cheers Rory, They have spent some time and effort on this one new bits of trim etc, looking worth while though.

Monaco Blue Mk2
As good as it does look I don't think I could ever pay someone £50 to do my car as the day after it could be back to normal if it pisses down an you drive it!