ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Knockhill Thread.

It all depends tbh.. I was in group one and it was all pretty decent driving I seen. Usually the guys with high power tend to be a bit nuts, Almost bully like. Group two is a trackcar group and the trackcar guys tend to be a bit more bold and have a don't care attitude. Group one I go in always has the same faces in it and you give each other the space etc. it's only a Trackday and not a race, no reward in the end.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
The reasons stated before about driving standards are why i only ever do open pit days, not a fan of the sessions on hot hatch days.

A-Class AMG-Sport
@CallyTeee thanks for the uploads. Spotted me in the last few minutes of your last vid. It's just a pity that the flag dropped after you passed the Civic as I would've enjoyed seeing a bit more of you challenging me. Nice chatting to you afterwards mate. I enjoyed my first taste of a track day and am thinking of heading up again for the night on the 3rd of April. Hopefully I'll have time to fit some of the bits I've been buying recently and see what it's like when the car isn't so standard.

@CallyTeee thanks for the uploads. Spotted me in the last few minutes of your last vid. It's just a pity that the flag dropped after you passed the Civic as I would've enjoyed seeing a bit more of you challenging me. Nice chatting to you afterwards mate. I enjoyed my first taste of a track day and am thinking of heading up again for the night on the 3rd of April. Hopefully I'll have time to fit some of the bits I've been buying recently and see what it's like when the car isn't so standard.

Where you in the blue clio having a good race with the type R? Yeah I was enjoying that chase if only it lasted longer haha

A-Class AMG-Sport
Sure was yeah. Need the brakes sorting as the type R was out braking me. Well not just the type R if I'm honest.

Sure was yeah. Need the brakes sorting as the type R was out braking me. Well not just the type R if I'm honest.
I run for 5.1 fluid. No even the dearest of stuff, gulf from opie oils like a tenner. Standard brembo disks and Mintex racing pads up front standard on back. Works well I think I brake quite late, over took that type R going into the hairpin in the last video.

A-Class AMG-Sport
Yeah I've got DS2500 pads to fit on the front plus braided lines and some fluid from George on here. I wanted to run the car standard so that I see any differences that each parts making. Stripped all the rear out today and will be getting some plugs and leads at some point to sort the misfire it developed on that last run.

clio 172 cup
think ill go in group 1 or 3 the next time to avoid the idiots.............
and that reminds me i will need some better pads as well as the standard ones where starting to fade towards the end of each session........

Cup In bits
I have to say I don't think I would book on a reverse day, the big corner at knockhill is Duffis and its a non event in reverse.

CallyTee, relax your arms a bit pal, you might feel more comfortable pushing on.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
It's identical to a go pro with all its accessories and that. It's called QUMOX sj4000 off amazon. Not that dear either. Full 1080p etc all the usual.
Cheers, been weighing up a go pro, but couldn't justify the cash for one......., how's the battery life on it?

I could record probs 45-50mins soild on it but it claims it can do 70mins. Comes with Usb charger that you could use in the car. Can take upto 32gb memory card. Ideal for track days I think. Gopro are the best but if your only using it for the odd Knockhill maybe not worth it.

Clio 172, Shogun
I was there last week for the reverse hot hatch day. I was in group 2 and although the day went fine for me there were other people on the track that there driving left more to be desired. There was an Astra that on the 3rd lap smoke was pouring out his front wheels and nearly ran off at the hairpin, 3 laps ha ha

Good turn out of clios though, should be back up sometime soon

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks like some rain is forecast for this Friday, but it's to dry up as the day goes on so hoping it'll be dry for the evening session I'm booked up for! Anyone else going up?

A-Class AMG-Sport
I'm booked in for the evening session as well. Looking forward to it but this will be my first time around the track clockwise.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've only ever been round before on an experience day. This'll be my first time out on track in the car, really hoping it'll be dry or else it'll be a steep learning curve. Still, really looking forward to it!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Im booked on for the day session on Friday, still trying to get the car ready so may end up switching to the night session.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
anybody else up on Sunday the 19th - sessions day after the SLS comp starting at 11:30 - 9 places left and weather meant to be great!:cool: