ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Knockhill Thread.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
weathers looking good mate, I've been holding off the same as you, ill check it again tonight before I book up! you booked for the performance French day on the 31st as well??
I'll be doing it! Not booked yet I'm waiting for a weather forecast first 

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Tried for answers on other area within forum but got no answers, but I've just purchased a set of 15 inch wheels for the track and I'm sure they'll fit but thought best to ask the people who'd know, there 6.5 x 15, 4x100, et 38 with a bore of 60.1 with spigots fitted, other thing is does anyone know where to buy aluminium spigots rings OD 73.1 to 60.1? There for a clio 172cup

Thanks in advance

if you find aluminium ones let me know where, i'm fed up melting plastic ones

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Anyone doing the full day open pit lane event on Saturday 18th October?

Wasn't planning it myself but being on call for the TS day on the 1st November means I had to opt for the full day one.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
im tempted to do a track day but never done one before. anyone want to be a co pilot - bring a crash helmet lol

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
im tempted to do a track day but never done one before. anyone want to be a co pilot - bring a crash helmet lol

Go for an open pit as your first track day, it will normally have a better standard of driving and you can choose when your out on track.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
thats a good idea. what tyres you recommend? its a trophy a have but im guessing the tyres i have wont be good enough.

clio 172 cup
not a nice thing to say but there was some scary driving and maneuvers on track from some clio drivers today (and yes i was in a clio)
i was in group 2 and to be honest some of the driving was shocking ..... its only a track day but you would have thought there where thousands of pounds in prize money at stake the way some of them where driving ....... anyway it was my first track day in the clio and it went well all day

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
not a nice thing to say but there was some scary driving and maneuvers on track from some clio drivers today (and yes i was in a clio)
i was in group 2 and to be honest some of the driving was shocking ..... its only a track day but you would have thought there where thousands of pounds in prize money at stake the way some of them where driving ....... anyway it was my first track day in the clio and it went well all day

same happened at the end of last year mate. There were about 15 to 20 in the same session, most of which had bought their cars the night before the track day! with some really scary efforts!!

at least your still in one piece....

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

This is one very large reason i would "Never" take my T on the track.

Glad nothing happened to you or the car and all ended well.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I was up watching and the general standard of driving from a lot of the cars didn't seem great for a track day. Seen 3 abreast going into the hairpin at one point with a guy in an Astra nearly losing it trying to stay out the way.

Was some seriously impressive cars up today mine you. People must have money to burn taking a virtually brand new M3/M5/C63 AMG on track. Oh, and then there was the guy with the SLS AMG. Just lol at taking your £170k car on a 'hot hatch' track day!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
yeah £170k and get shown up buy a Clio....... Lol

I was up watching and the general standard of driving from a lot of the cars didn't seem great for a track day. Seen 3 abreast going into the hairpin at one point with a guy in an Astra nearly losing it trying to stay out the way.

Was some seriously impressive cars up today mine you. People must have money to burn taking a virtually brand new M3/M5/C63 AMG on track. Oh, and then there was the guy with the SLS AMG. Just lol at taking your £170k car on a 'hot hatch' track day!