ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

MKIII 138
MexicanEvo_CE28N03.jpg

MKIII 138
i know i fancy geting an evo 10 just to do that :D

military colour is also top, i think some subtle camo effects would top it off

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i got took out in a new evo the other day guy had done a fair bit to it and claimed it was nearly 400 bhp... all i can say is that 400 bhp was boring lol, guy was booting it too and i have to say my rx7 feels a s**t load quicker with 340bhp lol also prefer the noise of my rx7 too.... the evo just felt dead and boring not what i expected at all :(

Mini JCW
i got took out in a new evo the other day guy had done a fair bit to it and claimed it was nearly 400 bhp... all i can say is that 400 bhp was boring lol, guy was booting it too and i have to say my rx7 feels a s**t load quicker with 340bhp lol also prefer the noise of my rx7 too.... the evo just felt dead and boring not what i expected at all :(

I can explain that -

Your RX7 is THE quickest car in the world *FACT*

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
:-S riiiight

my point being for 400 bhp it didnt feel fast, my rx7 feels faster and people say rotarys dont have torque... so i would of expected the evo to feel faster, but fair play for being a c**k lol

monaco 172
my mate has a evo 7 pushing nearly 500 bhp and he has a rx 7 wit 500 bhp. the power in both cars are different since one is rear wheel and the other 4wd..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
my mate has a evo 7 pushing nearly 500 bhp and he has a rx 7 wit 500 bhp. the power in both cars are different since one is rear wheel and the other 4wd..

that wasnt my point but ok fine lol...

the point was he had 400 bhp i have 60bhp less and my car feels faster! people say rotarys dont have torque... yet torque is what you feel in a car not bhp! so as im driving a car with a supposedly torqueless engine i would expect the more powerful car to give a more powerful feeling, however it didnt... even he said the rx7 feels faster.

clio 200 F4Rt
what torque does your RX7 produce?

My Impreza is 350bhp and 316 lb/ft of torque, and that feels fairly quick (cant wait to work on the engine more tho! :D )

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i thought amuse made 2 s2k's 1 was na and the other turbo? never seen the turbo one though...

Looks similar to the Amuse kit but I don't think it is, Jsracing spoiler so may be one of theirs, doesnt look as good as the Amuse kit IMO :(

clio 200 F4Rt
seem to be a few difference between the Amuse and other S2K, so dont think it is the same.

and 312lb ft of torque is hardly lacking!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol i know that but like i said soooo many people say "wankel engines dont have torque" i love my wankel lol! looks like im buying coilovers tomorrow or next day tomorrow im fitting a blitz nur spec to mine, i will be deaf by the end of the week lol stupidly loud!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
:( i just spent a s**t load!

tomorrow im swapping my blitz track system with a blitz nurspec, friday im collecting my ohlins coilovers (too much dont ask) a new electronic greddy boost gauge (i have a non electronic greddy gauge atm) engine damper (feed) and on sunday im collecting a 99 spec front splitter!

pics will go up as i do it :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ohlins?! You moving weight nowadays? ;)

NurSpec, too. Awesome... will sound mental! I love the look of them too.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol i got the ohlins off a mate who atm is importing fd's latest one he imported is mint he replaced the clutch on it yesterday and in doing so found its got a crack along the firewall, he can make more money breaking it, i asked what coilovers were on it and he had ohlins put on before shipping! so they have done 35 miles lol! height and dampening adjustment he said they are good for driving with he had them put on as he has the same on his panspeed fd that he uses as his own... so im going to collect them on friday from hayward rotary as the car is there as he is taking it apart :)

the nur spec is retardedly loud lol! and its on a uk spec atm which has a silencer and cat on the downpipe which mine doesnt have so im ready to die lol my neighbours are gonna love me :D

i got the 99 spec splitter off of a guy who doesnt know what it is he thinks its a 92 spec so i got it stupidly cheap too lol! they go for 200-250 quid second hand, this one is new still in the box from mazda! and im gonna skin it in carbon :) thinking about getting a mold made of it though and bang out a few carbon ones and make some ££ back?!

My mates cars, both SiR

Ones running 180 atf, the other 210.

7334_291299175117_621310117_8985143_7437752_n.jpg

7334_291299185117_621310117_8985145_1608404_n.jpg

7334_291272440117_621310117_8984547_6024146_n.jpg

7334_291272445117_621310117_8984548_6841397_n.jpg

7334_291272455117_621310117_8984549_7196205_n.jpg

Both are rapid to be in. They managed to convert me to like vtech.

clio 200 F4Rt
:( i just spent a s**t load!

tomorrow im swapping my blitz track system with a blitz nurspec, friday im collecting my ohlins coilovers (too much dont ask) a new electronic greddy boost gauge (i have a non electronic greddy gauge atm) engine damper (feed) and on sunday im collecting a 99 spec front splitter!

pics will go up as i do it :)

lol, i hear that about spending!

Just recieved a box of Cusco rear arms for my Impreza. Picking up some Cusco chassis braces on saturday, and my Bride Gias seats should be here early next week! :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
black dc2 looks really good! im really liking the colored centres on rims makes me wanna do mine :)

im off in a min to collect my ohlins :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ohlins are fitted :D collected them this morning then sat on the drive and fitted them! the rx7 is a c**k to remove shocks on! front you have to undo the top wishbone to allow the lower wishbone to drop enough which isnt too bad, on the back however you need to remove the top wishbone, unbolt the top hub bolt, and then the bottom bolt that goes through the bottom of the shock is attached to the antiroll bar! so you need to drop the antiroll bar mount to get it out of the bottom of the shock!

i wanna lower it a bit more but need to get some more c spanners :( however first impressions are 1000000% better completely transformed the car its comfy to drive not like most coilovers that you feel a crisp packet go under the wheel... you can feel the shocks working its set on soft atm but it feels sooooo good!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
not yet hazza i was in to much of a rush to get it done to take pics, when i got some spanners and i drop it a touch more i will post pics :)

1.2 8v 60bhp
this is my mates tommi mak, very very, and i will repeat myself, very clean! 30k odd on the clock, in a shed most of its life! 398bhp

3975042029a10738188845l.jpg

8454228225a11221538688l.jpg