ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Turbos.
33401290045_large.jpg

33401290044_large.jpg

Media.ashx

Media.ashx

Media.ashx

Media.ashx

Media.ashx

Media.ashx

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
pikes peak car isnt it??? they make them so high powered because when they get near the top of pikes peak the altitude means they loose 70% of the power or something...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
that cars driven on track btw guys, (im not being funny btw) im sure its like an american time attack car or something

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yeh your right its a time attack car, was used on pikes peak too or one very similar...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, i'm with Alice on that... looks like a PP climb car. Not sure if it was modified for PP though. Would need more clearance for a start.

They have near to 1000bhp at sea level, but lose over half that, by the top of the course.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
oh plus scion isnt jdm, its an american part of toyota... its designed for the american market supposed to get younger people in to toyotas range...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Its defo a time attack car never been a pikes peak beast sadly

Driver: Chris Rado
Chris_Rado_resize.jpg

car before adding the spoilers
2709157449_d480dd47d8.png

after

chris-rado-front-wing-scion-tc.jpg

Turbos.
Sorry master...

Yep, a Scion used in Time Attack in the US. FWD champion and as fast as a 911 Cup car! The guy who made it normally does drag cars...

Tav

Clio 197
Given that 4WD UK time attack cars struggle to beat a 300bhp FWD BTCC car I wonder how the Scion would get on.

Turbos.
Time Attack cars over here use road tyres i think, and obviously a BTCC driver will be pretty handy...

Having said that, our 'measly' 200bhp Elise is as fast a most Time Attack cars.

clio 200 F4Rt
Given that 4WD UK time attack cars struggle to beat a 300bhp FWD BTCC car I wonder how the Scion would get on.

Uk TA cars are going quicker than BTCC cars, well the Pro cars are.

But then they should, with 800+ bhp!! only advantage a BTCC car has is slick tyres.