ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

My next piece of JDM, sat waiting for the boat...

43EEE772-0D4F-4C29-ABB2-731C8CC78F68-34827-000026E5325FF379_zpsc3247bda.jpg

6A922E24-4F3E-4CCA-B136-D4933D64522E-34827-000026E53783765E_zps9a2b1653.jpg

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Which company are you getting that through Gaz?

I've looked at a few but have trust issues, lol!

Nice. What sort of monies are these? In say comparison to ones which are allready here?

They're all around the same, looking at £7k upwards. It's nice to have one fresh off the boat, the less time they've spent on our s**tty salt laden roads the better!

ETA Jack, looking like June. Apparently there's no boats coming out of Japan to the UK at all in March. 8 or so weeks to get here, a couple of weeks for registration etc.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah fair enough. You allways fancied one? I looked into importing an impreza moons ago but never went through with it for one reason or another.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
What's going on with the rectangle cut outs in the bumper Gaz?

They are standard n1 vents, cools the rad and inter cooler better, there was some article I read ages ago that supposedly gave a couple mph more top speed, as the front bumper had a strange pressure zone which disrupted air flow, the vents fixed it.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
please loose the fogs lol!

whats your plans??? im massively jealous lol! r34gtr will be an itch i will scratch after i have got an rs6 out of my system

Of course I'm losing the fogs. I'm just staying sensible with it, I'd rather keep it in a reliable state it'll make money, than chuck money into making it some frail big power pain in the arse.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
only mod i have seen people do on nearly all gtr's is run a oil drain from the rear of the head/cam cover down to the sump...

and i give it a month before you have new arms on it and coilovers and brakes lol

Coilovers are a must!
If I do fit anything, I want it easy to return it as close to stock as I can.
I can't afford to chuck money at it like I did the FD and S14A, the house put an end to those days. Well, I can if I rape the overtime, but I work to live, not vice versa.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well good luck! just keep everything you take off or swap over lol then that way you can return it to stock, im in the process of buying a house and i know its gonna kill off cars for a bit :( but will get something jap again soon, kind of got the misses agreeing to me buying a silvia of some sort for drifting as the s4 will tow it easy enough lol!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
They're all around the same, looking at £7k upwards. It's nice to have one fresh off the boat, the less time they've spent on our s**tty salt laden roads the better!

ETA Jack, looking like June. Apparently there's no boats coming out of Japan to the UK at all in March. 8 or so weeks to get here, a couple of weeks for registration etc.

Awesome purchase! Fresh off the ship has to be exciting. Could have some lovely unknown goodies fitted.

As for no ships coming in to the UK from Japan in March, that's a joke.. It'll because they tight and you'll car will go in a shared 40ft rather than a 20.

Street Triple R
Love the look of that Skyline there

I bought myself a Lancer Evolution 3 a couple of months ago, I was toying with the idea of getting one imported as I absolutely love the Evo 1-3, again, the less time spent on our roads the better, in the end I chickened out a bit so I bought one already over here, Im currently doing a complete restore on it so I will put some pics up of that once its done if anyone is interested :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome Gaz! Love seeing your Jap metal.

I just hope this one hasn't been fucked about with like the RX. Clearly just electrical c***s! ;)

Looking forward to your thread already!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I bought myself a Lancer Evolution 3 a couple of months ago, I was toying with the idea of getting one imported as I absolutely love the Evo 1-3, again, the less time spent on our roads the better, in the end I chickened out a bit so I bought one already over here, Im currently doing a complete restore on it so I will put some pics up of that once its done if anyone is interested :)

Please do make a thread mate..

Awesome purchase! Fresh off the ship has to be exciting. Could have some lovely unknown goodies fitted.

As for no ships coming in to the UK from Japan in March, that's a joke.. It'll because they tight and you'll car will go in a shared 40ft rather than a 20.

It seems legit, there's users of other forums using different importers being told the same.

Cheers Gally. We'll see, I bet the wiring of those gash fogs is interesting!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

Stick up a proper project thread mate. Would be interesting to see!