ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Superb Scott! Perfect composition.

Lovely shots Ben, remind me of one's I took in Dubai!

I really need to get back out with the camera

Thanks, Luke.
Really like the Dubai shot, perfect light trails!
I'm heading out for some more night shots tomorrow after everyone else has gone to bed, hope to get some good stuff!

Here is one from a while back, taken on a walk down the river.

7333720392_c58c6039dc_z.jpg

Dusk Reflections. by v15ben, on Flickr

Nice shots Ben, makes me wish I was back in S Korea :(

I've been wanting to do this shot for a while, had a play earlier to figure out how to mount the camera. This was just a test shot, I didn't take the correct filters out with me, so I'll be out again soon (when the f**king weather realises it's June!!!)

DSC7707.jpg

Fiesta ST-3
Lush Dan. I really want to try my hand at this photography but I'm not willing to shell monies out on clamps etc for one or two shots.

That is a great shot, Dan. Cool perspective.

South Korea is great for photography and I'll definitely miss the place when I leave!

Clio 172 Ph2
Doesnt compare to some of the pics on here but taken on my phone and I like it.

ellesmeresnow.jpg

Attachments

• ellesmere snow.jpg
    ellesmere snow.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 50
I don't like picking holes in peoples photos as it is just demoralising. But so much can be learnt by other peoples experiences.

Thats the only way people can learn though mate, as long as its constructive I'm all for it!

+1, I'm all for CC. My photography is still terrible but it's come on leaps and bounds due to feedback from various people on here :D

Me again. I do go out with a camera during the daytime, honest! Met up with a couple of awesome local photographers to shoot Ulsan's petrochemical complex from the top of a random processing plant last night. I had a go with a mate's Canon 500mm F4 lens. £5000 or so worth of lens. Felt nervous fastening it to my 550D and cheapo tripod!

Here is one with 500mm; amazing bit of gear but way out of my price range!

7347852268_08f1502553_z.jpg

Blue Hour. by v15ben, on Flickr

And another with my kit lens:

7162623567_faa36086ec_z.jpg

Industry. by v15ben, on Flickr

Ben your travel photos have been brilliant! Really enjoyed looking at them over the past "however long" you've been away :D

Ben your travel photos have been brilliant! Really enjoyed looking at them over the past "however long" you've been away

Cheers!
I guess you could call them travel shots, I've been away for about 20 months now. Might be back in the UK early in 2013!

Really like that firework shot too, good composition and very clear. The fireworks really stand out from the rest of the shot too.

Haha yes it has been a while. I might settle down one day when I'm about 70!

I've been home for a week and to the USA for 3 weeks while I've been here, plus travelling all over the country.

We're going to China at the end of August to start a 4-5 month trip through Asia then back to the USA for Christmas. God knows how many shots I'll take on that trip!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Some cracking updates recently.

Ben - sounds like you've had a good few years travelling. Should have done more when I was younger I think :( I should really make the effort to visit my cousin in Shanghai too.

Adele - lovely picture :) Looks like paradise.

RIP Dan

Ben - sounds like you've had a good few years travelling. Should have done more when I was younger I think :( I should really make the effort to visit my cousin in Shanghai too.

Adele - lovely picture :) Looks like paradise.

Lifes short, get going now!! Seriously...

I agree absolutely, Bully; gotta do this sort of stuff when you're young and healthy!
Then again, from previous threads we've both posted on over recent times, I'm sure you know that!
We're currently planning how to spend 4 weeks in China. Next on the agenda is planning a few weeks in Burma, so excited!

Ben - sounds like you've had a good few years travelling. Should have done more when I was younger I think
I should really make the effort to visit my cousin in Shanghai too.

Pretty much since 21 really, on and off; no mortgage or nice car to show for it, but there is time for that later!
I have a friend living in Shanghai currently and he loves it. I went back in '08 and had a great time, very cool city and close to some cool places to make a longer trip of it if you can.

Fiesta ST-3
Love the colours and slow shutter on that Niall.

So fed up of taking seascapes and with the tourists now arriving I thought I'd head into the Preseli hills Pembrokeshire away from the tourists where the real beauty is.

This image is taken from Foel Drygarn located near the small village of Crymych Pembrokeshire at sunset.

There is slight distortion in the fore ground due to the high wind speeds :p

7172319335_673e0f1bf8_b.jpg

Foel Drygarn by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Cracking sky Scott

F20? ;)

Wind won't cause distortion, it might cause camera movement if your tripod isn't sufficiently sturdy. F20 on APS-C is at best soft.

Fiesta ST-3
Cracking sky Scott

F20? ;)

Wind won't cause distortion, it might cause camera movement if your tripod isn't sufficiently sturdy. F20 on APS-C is at best soft.

Yea I sacrificed clarity to get the sun bursting. I was referring to the clovers in the front right of the image. They are blurred as the wind was so strong. I'm relatively pleased with the clarity of the rest of the image. I did take a couple at F5 ;) but this is the one I chose to edit.

yes it is cracking light! I would go f8 or even f11 will get you a nice sunburst. I don't know how manual focusing works on a nikon mate, sorry. Its easy on my sony as it has a feature called focus peaking where colourd dots 'dance' over the area of focus so mf is a easy and great fun!

Fiesta ST-3
yes it is cracking light! I would go f8 or even f11 will get you a nice sunburst. I don't know how manual focusing works on a nikon mate, sorry. Its easy on my sony as it has a feature called focus peaking where colourd dots 'dance' over the area of focus so mf is a easy and great fun!

This is something I seriously need to learn. Believe it or not, every time I turn up to a shoot you have me thinking image clarity and every time I stray from F5 I feel dirty :p

172 and vw passat
Quick question. How do I manually choose the point of focus on the camera?

I thought you use hyperfocal distance for shots like this? i still struggle to figure this out as my 11point focal point which i can choose wont go low enough on where i need to focus.

This is something I seriously need to learn. Believe it or not, every time I turn up to a shoot you have me thinking image clarity and every time I stray from F5 I feel dirty :p

lol 5.6-8 is fine mate ;)

At 10mm focus at infinity and everything from a metre to infinity should be in focus. you can always do a focus check afterwards.

Fiesta ST-3
lol 5.6-8 is fine mate ;)

At 10mm focus at infinity and everything from a metre to infinity should be in focus. you can always do a focus check afterwards.

This is where I struggle. What about a meter and before? Using wide-angle I like a low vantage point with some interesting for ground ofter its out of focus, even at F5 as its closer than a meter.