ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Ikea in Hannover, Germany...

6035066526_db3dcf193e_o.png

6035066298_e964a4714a_o.png

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Thanks Dan, as soon as I saw it on the LCD screen I thought 'Thats a winner' :D

Great pics. Shame about the signature :(

Is that for my images? I hardly see what is wrong with a simple text watermark at the bottom right of the image. If it was plastered across the image then fair enough, but it's not, I even go to the point to make it more transparent so you can see more of the image. I have seen my images stolen and re-used on other forums and even youtube videos, If it wasn't for my watermark I wouldn't have been able to (easily) remove them or get credit for them.

I have worked hard to get to where I am with my photography and not to put some kind of mark on them if posting on the internet would be like me giving them away for free.

Bomber, yep. Tripod mounted in the passenger seat, and a 10 second exposure driving through the town centre. Easy :)

Open to the floor but direct towards Dan's photo on the previous page....

Aperture priority? Or do you have a 6th sense allowing you to work out the perfect shutter length for each shot?

Never aperture priority.

When shooting something with constantly changing conditions, like driving through a town, ALWAYS use manual.

I did guess what settings I needed, I originally set it to 6 seconds, but that wasn't quite enough so I had to increase it.

If the thing you're photographing doesn't change (lighting wise) then P or Av is fine. But as the lighting was changing so much, aperture priority wouldn't be very reliable.

Most of the time I shoot aperture priority, switching to S priority when shooting motorsport or similar.

It's in those tricky situations when you have to make the switch to manual.