ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

172 and vw passat
High key mono and a slightly different composition would work well in that light imo.

Thanks for tips will keep that in mind, this is my first dslr and only been at this for two weeks so any feedback would be appreciated.

RB One Eight Two
Some really nice images been posted recently. I'm currently in the middle of a little project so I should have some more to add soon.

172 and vw passat
Straight off the camera i quite like them :D

6011559703_1ee27c3759_z.jpg

Broughty Ferry by Duncan_Williams, on Flickr

6011576271_4574bd0a57_z.png

Broughty Ferry by Duncan_Williams, on Flickr

First shotbwould benefit from more sky and try it in black and white as there's not much colour there. Second shot, go lower to capture the reflections of the sky in the water pools and use rule of thirds for horizon.

172DD Cup
er, not really a great photo like you lot are posting but, i've taken a pic and i kinda like it :) 'tis me @ watership down, taken on my mates iphone with the old panaromic stitching thing

photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 19

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
What ISO was it set at Stu? May explain the graining.

Bully - they're awesome mate.

350z GT
Was taken at Shutter Speed 1/1200 with an ISO of 800...think that was on auto

Bully....how were you taking them?? they are quality shots

RIP Dan

With a Canon DS10 waterproof camera, it's only a point and shoot. I was in the water and took around 90 pictures, maybe 5 are OK ish like the ones above. The waves were not as clean as I would have liked but it was more of a practice for me. As a surfer of 20+ years I can read the waves and hope to get some way better shots. My next step is getting a decent waterproof rig with manual settings as the Canon was a bit slow sometimes and I missed some good shots. When I upgrade my SLR (its old) I may get a waterproof housing and use the old body in that. £££££££ though.

Going back down today but again the wind isn't great so may get similar shots. Need a good clean sunny day with decent swell, rare here. I want a through the tube shot with land showing through it if you know what I mean....not easy at all.

Niall, great shot, simple idea too. Damn you and your simple ideas turning out so well....I never have them. ;-)

Cupra

A shutter speed of 1/200 - 1/400 would have let you bump the Iso much lower. A lot of non SLRs really struggle at anything past ISO400.

RIP Dan
Conditions were far from ideal today but I went in anyway to cool down, took around 50 shots and this is the only one which is slightly ok....

6029093037_18ff11be3f.png

Steep Face by BullyJersey1970, on Flickr

Going to wait until the September swells hit and try again. I want that clean looking through the tube shot.