ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
On a classic? I'd love some. Although due to the size I'd assume they'd need more heat into them to stop properly?

They came on my car when I bought it. Ksport 8 pots, even changed to pf pads to see if they improved. I prefer my godspeed discs and £20 pagid pads, I kid you not. Got good money second hand for them though :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Yeah that's very very nice!

I saw a scoob the other day and it got me thinking again!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Massive. Classics (good ones) have jumped imo. That rb5 looks great, like perfect if that's what your after. At the end of the day it's just pretty much a ltd uk model.

Thought i would share this in here as some people may be interested. My Dad and Grandad have just bought this a few days ago. Was taken off the road 6 years ago as had an issue with the heater or something and has been parked up since. So needs a bit of tlc, hasnt really been looked after very much, the previous owners ex has keyed both sides and he then cracked the windscreen in anger. Plan is to make it perfect and enjoy it. Is mechanically sound though. Drives lovely. Oh and they payed the grand total of £250 for it

15326475388_78ba3ce896.jpg
IMG_672542092394-1 by felixta22, on Flickr

535d / t5 caravelle
Well done mate, nothing worse than seeing your car drive off with its new owner though lol

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Not an Impreza i know, but my old Subaru Liberty Tuned by STI. EJ25 6sp, GTX3076r, rotated setup, front mount, CP forged pistons, balanced and blueprinted, Kelford 264 cams with significant headwork.
Made 500bhp~ at the fly
Was intending to get another Subaru, this time a Spec C of some sort or JDM STI widetrack, but the insurance quotes i was getting was the final nail in the coffin on that idea, best i was quoted was £1600p/a!
i-nr5Mrzc-L.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Got the car back this morning after timing belt change and another oil change. It's only done 3k since the last change but thought while it was in getting work done may as well change it again. Going to order a new passenger window as there's scratches on it....£170!!!

Also saw my old inter cooler in the shed, can't believe how small it is compared to the current one, lol!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414417241.830889.jpg

Should really have got a comparison pic. Car needs a good detail now before winter!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
A few ebay pics of mine I picked up this morning. Will get a thread up once I've cleaned it and taken some better pics. Absolutely love it so far though! Needs a few little things doing and the odd bit of tidying etc. but it's on 100k and got a full MOT so I can't really complain for 900 quid!

75e1bc28c3db91105ca5d34afb4f17d4.jpg

dd7bfc119da1e61bfa047232932935d5.jpg

c61c67839d2764389374d9855256f804.jpg

66bf688034958a30664a0f6a2a847c52.jpg

9f8d0afec188bb8087f0dd56f9d5e885.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Not an Impreza i know, but my old Subaru Liberty Tuned by STI. EJ25 6sp, GTX3076r, rotated setup, front mount, CP forged pistons, balanced and blueprinted, Kelford 264 cams with significant headwork.
Made 500bhp~ at the fly
Was intending to get another Subaru, this time a Spec C of some sort or JDM STI widetrack, but the insurance quotes i was getting was the final nail in the coffin on that idea, best i was quoted was £1600p/a!
i-nr5Mrzc-L.jpg
Not been in this thread for a while because it makes me jealous, I see nothing has changed,
because that is a f*cking epic Wagon!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Has anyone owned or driven both a type r classic and a modded uk turbo? I have been pondering over the thought of upgrading to a type r but not sure if it's worth it, seeing as it's a daily and won't see a track.

Impreza RB5 #054
Has anyone owned or driven both a type r classic and a modded uk turbo? I have been pondering over the thought of upgrading to a type r but not sure if it's worth it, seeing as it's a daily and won't see a track.

Day and night, first thing that would jump out at you would be the gearbox, very short ratios on the JDM or were on the couple I have drove.

Impreza RB5 #054
Yep very nice car, test drove a spec c with a speed density Mafless tune and exhausts and it sounded and drove like nothing else. Pure delight. Had it not been for a £1600 annual insurance it would have been mine.

Not sure what a speed density mafless tune is, but i would like a drive! Seems very well priced that red one from the quick read i had of the advert.