ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Lol I wish.. have you noticed the cars are all cheap :) some people spend 30-40k I prefer cheap cars I don't have to worry about driving :)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
What's the general consencus on this STI Type R V-Limited:, which is up at £6,750:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...a-sti/subaru-impreza-type-r-v-limited/1909599#

subaru-impreza-sti-S902888-6.jpg

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Looks nice apart from the BK wheels.....The car is a Version 5 Limited and not a V-Limited as advertised a mistake many make. The only thing that worries me about Classic STI's that have had an engine change is, does it still have the STI heads/cams fitted which is a big factor with their engines from V3 to V6.

Type R's are really creeping up in price..

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
The only thing that worries me about Classic STI's that have had an engine change is, does it still have the STI heads/cams fitted which is a big factor with their engines from V3 to V6.
What are the implications if they don't? Will it result in some kind of failure, or is it purely a 'nice to have' which make them more tuneable and/or valuable?

Impreza RB5 #054
I like that blue Type R, if I didn't need a van in the new year, I'd be hunting for a Type R or Prodrive Bug STI.

impreza wagon S2000
What are the implications if they don't? Will it result in some kind of failure, or is it purely a 'nice to have' which make them more tuneable and/or valuable?

[FONT=&quot] 7k redline on non-sti and 8.2k on stis...more aggressive cam profile (v3 most aggressive iirc), uprated buckets and lifters to allow for the higher rev limit...head castings are identical. That Type R has a nasty splitter too :)[/FONT]

RS2'd Cup Trackcar

Basically what trails said......Some people just fit any old Impreza engine thinking one size fits all.

As Ive mentioned before Imprezas really are a mine field hence why so many new owners get caught out, thinking they've boughy one model when in fact it doesnt turn out to be what they thought it was. sometimes even the seller has no idea what they are selling!

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
This Type R looks nice too, what do you think, is it even a Type R??! ;)

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...eza-sti/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-type-r/1908250

subaru-impreza-sti-wrx-sti-type-uk-S899444-2.jpg

A V3 Type R......TBh you won't go wrong with any Type R. The V3 retains the early dash(which personally i prefer) where as from the V4 on, got the facelift dash.
The only thing about the V3(with R180 diff) is the rear brake setup. It consists of a solid rear disc and a sliding caliper which was only fitted in that year so any rear brake upgrade requires a rear hub swap.

impreza wagon S2000
a few recent ones of mine...gearbox and diff in.
20131201_163006.jpg

20131202_171629.jpg

long engine pretty much done.
20131121_230006.jpg

20131121_230028.jpg

even cleaned it and stuck it in the garage, poor old thing!
20131202_173522.jpg

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
If I didn't need a van in the new year, I'd be hunting for a Type R or Prodrive Bug STI.
coleman Bugeyes are certainly an acquired taste, I appreciate that, but apart from the look is there anything superior about the PPP Bug STI over any other version, which makes it so high on your list of wants?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Oh and I've had the suspension swapped looks like a monster truck now lol, drives miles better though. Tracking needs doing ASAP

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
In the perfect world id love both and the wife would drive the scoob as her daily. (She only does 5k per year)
But its not perfect and Tania wants a new shape Fiesta so yes mate the clio would have to go.
I have my van as my daily so it would still be kept as a toy. :D