ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Well I got a blanking plate made up for my mates STI from a fabrication company we use at work.
Fit it earlier and the noise is brilliant!!!!

I'll try get a video at some point

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yes for the dump valve, it doesn't get driven much, and if the turbo does go bang, he wants a bigger one anyway

Chatter noise sounds good! Relax

Impreza RB5 #054
I don't buy into the whole "if you havent got a dump valve it will kill the turbo" shite, even more so with the low boost most of us run.

Of the 12+ Petrol turbo cars ive had over 12-13 years driving, I've had two turbo failures, one was a turbo on a R5GTT, I was wondering if the little T2 turbo found on the GTT could push 20+psi, It couldn't. Next was a VF35 turbo on an Impreza STI which died due to the oil feed being blocked.

They are designed and made to work under extreme heat and pressure, stopping and starting the blades won't kill it.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not really a fan of the noise at all TBH. Sounds a bit broken. Personal preference though of course, just seems like a mod people do to try and show off.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cone filters sound better than dump valves anyway. Mine sounds superb with just an induction kit. Suck, whoosh, dump suck, chirp, boooooooost! Lol.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cone filters sound better than dump valves anyway. Mine sounds superb with just an induction kit. Suck, whoosh, dump suck, chirp, boooooooost! Lol.

You really need to find someone to help you film that .. infact, they can do all the filming / editing.... lets face it.... it's you.

:eek:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
My new classic in case you haven't seen my thread;

11150350896_559d4c169e_z.jpg

Untitled by cobzy1, on Flickr

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I dare not too, don't think my car likes the idea lol

*i will be beginning of next year, don't tell the car ;)*

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
ha! be good to see how it fairs against the clio's ;) you got a camera device for it?

It's far quicker than the clios I've had mate, the let down is the squishy thing driving it lol. I've got a go pro but need to sort a clamp out.