ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'Game Over / The End' you always remember?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What games have you seen all the way through to the end and genuinely thought "that was great!" ?

Beach Head (circa 1984!!!) was one of mine as was beating the other civilisations to the space race in Civ 2. I was also glad to see the end of HL2, even though I thought the ending was a bit weak...

D.

Polo + Micra
yeah halo 1 for me (only game i've completed)

but the halo 3 "finish the fight" is also quite memerable

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
halo and halo 2 for me only a handfull of games ive completed

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Not quite the same thing but completing my 13th season on Pro Evo 3 after winning every single game in the league and the cup was quite an achievement lol!

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Jet pac for the zx spectrum.

Manic miner for the commodore 64.

Mind blowing graphics.....:rasp:

ff 182
Jet pac for the zx spectrum..............those were the days i remember geting my specy in the early 80's loved it

Sonic/2/3 on the Mega Drive, not actually completed that many games in my life.

Streets of Rage was cool but that was a bit easy.

CJ

Blue ph1 172
Halo 1 and 2
Half life 1 and 2
Metal gear solid 1
Gta 3, vice city, san andreas.
Star wars KTOR 1 and 2 were the best to complete though because in total thay took about 100 hrs to do!

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Revels106 said:
lol

Metal gear solid! Loved that game! Couple of months back me and a mate were bored so got the snes out and completed super mario bros again in couple of hours. Was ace!

M2 Competition
Doom on pc! That bit at the end where the monsters overwhelm and eat you no matter what you do, have replayed that so many times to try and kill them with the bfg, lol!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
first game i ever fell in love with and played till the end was zelda a link to the past on snes, did'nt think i'll ever play a better game untill i got final fantasy 7 on ps1 best game ever for sure. still play the thing today:D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
jay s said:
first game i ever fell in love with and played till the end was zelda a link to the past on snes, did'nt think i'll ever play a better game untill i got final fantasy 7 on ps1 best game ever for sure. still play the thing today:D
Loads of people still mention FF7. My m8 raved on about how good it was when he had his PS1. I bought it and just got bored with it. Maybe I quit too soon before the game became enjoyable! ;)

D.

1.8 Civic EX
There was a game on the SNES an RPG that was simply awesome (not any of the Zelda/Link series), on a level with FF7 I would say but I can't remember the bloody name of it...second hand copies of it still sell for £50-£60!!

1.8 Civic EX
Just remembered it SECRET OF MANA !! If you still have a SNES and you love RPG's I would highly recommend hunting down a copy, it's getting very rare...

Best bit was playing it 2 player simutaniously, could both run around decking everything! was great!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I once completed Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on the MegaDrive LOL.

Megane Mk4
380BHPS4 said:
Jet pac for the zx spectrum.

Did you have the tape version or the Cartridge I had that went into the top of the Sinclair interface2 and into the back of the ZX 48+?? ( Showing my age just a bit ;) )
From what I recall it never had an ending, it just repeated the levels. :D

Can't remember the best but I can remember the worst.
Alien Breed 3D on the Amiga A1200... 12 hours solid to finish, then all you got was,
"Thanks for playing", then the credits!! lol

Half-Life 2

I played it through for the 4th time recently on TheBeast2 at stupid fps, and I found the ending breath taking. Not because of the ending itself as such, but because I was so amazed that the game was still so good. Sitting listening to that great closing soundtrack while you reflect what a legend the game was...Superb. Plus this time I knew I had Episode 1 to play straight after.

As for the actual best ending? Hmm that's tricky. I almst always clear all games that I play but I can't think of an ending that really sticks. A bad one that sticks was FarCry. The last level was rock hard and the ending was like "cheers, seeya"

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 3. Call of Duty 1 and 2. Half Life 2. Operation Flashpoint. Resident Evil 4. All of the GTA series. Thats about it....

Tyson.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Double Dragon in the arcade :). Fightin your mate at the end (and winning) and gettin that bird at the end with the big paps ;)