ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Here is what the silicone version looks like if you wanted to go down that route:

2016-10-21_02-45-46.jpg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
What leg length do people go for with these? My friend has just bought a 172 and it has the worst IK ever seen on it, so was going to advise him to go for this. It's ages since I did mine so I can't remember what length I bought. The original eBay listing for mine doesn't exist anymore.

monaco 172
Just ordered my kit.

Is there any point in removing the acoustic valve to allow more cool air up behind the headlight?

monaco 172
Still waiting for my alloy bend but my filter is here so just been to have a look.

Turns out I've got a 75 sized battery which is already butted up very close to the ecu.

Anybody successfully fitted one with a 75 sized batt?

Clio 182, V8 Landy
@MarcR™
Is that a homemade cover/shielding or a bought one? Was thinking of making something almost identical... But if it's readily available and not expensive I might but one to save the hassle.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
  RB 182
Any preferences over the cone Ramair and straight Pipercross filters? I've seen two sizes of the cone filter too, 125 and 140mm long...

DPH

E92 BMW 335d, P2 172
Hi guys

Looking for a bit of guidance on this! I quite fancied an (ASH 70mm 90 degree) silicone hose in place of the alloy bend, but have subsequently realised that there's probably a bit more to it!

I've now realised that I'll probably need an alloy connector (or two?) to go into the rubber tube that sits on the throttle body and presumably another to go into the induction cone. Would I just need two 70mm swaged connectors, or would swaged not fit? I'm assuming I'd need 4 jubilee clips too?

I'm also looking at blocking off the acoustic valve, does anyone know what you need / can buy to block this off?

Would really appreciate any help that can be provided :)

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys

Looking for a bit of guidance on this! I quite fancied an (ASH 70mm 90 degree) silicone hose in place of the alloy bend, but have subsequently realised that there's probably a bit more to it!

I've now realised that I'll probably need an alloy connector (or two?) to go into the rubber tube that sits on the throttle body and presumably another to go into the induction cone. Would I just need two 70mm swaged connectors, or would swaged not fit? I'm assuming I'd need 4 jubilee clips too?

I'm also looking at blocking off the acoustic valve, does anyone know what you need / can buy to block this off?

Would really appreciate any help that can be provided :smile:

Dont bother with swages, there is no pressure. and you will need 3 jubilee clips, the standard one on the first 90 out of the TB can be retained.
Your adding in more clips that look ugly, more joins that add turbulance/resitance (very minimal issue) and IMO your better of with a 90 metal elbow.

DPH

E92 BMW 335d, P2 172
Thanks for the reply. Have ordered the 90 elbow - any guidance on the acoustic valve per chance?

Cheers

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Do you mean the valve that is in the wheel arch? I retained (ignored) mine! - its automatically disconnect when the standard airbox is removed.
So once a cone filter is fitted, it can just be removed.

Clio 182
Ey up

Just today fitted this and been out for a quick a blast. I cant believe the difference its made to the car the low end torque is awesome and the induction noise make the car feel alive. I would 100% recommended this setup simple cheap and completely changes the cars characte! cheers Fatty

Attachments

• IMG-20161116-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20161116-WA0027.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 109
  Clio 182
@massivewangers im other way round personally and ASH is only 20 minutes from me so popped down today and picked the bits up.

Love that @imprezaworks you just put a breather onto the back of the head?

Word of advise to anyone going for the silicone over alloy 90 bend you will need 2 100mm 70mm alloy connectors. Might be obvious to some but you know.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
@massivewangers im other way round personally and ASH is only 20 minutes from me so popped down today and picked the bits up.

Love that @imprezaworks you just put a breather onto the back of the head?

Word of advise to anyone going for the silicone over alloy 90 bend you will need 2 100mm 70mm alloy connectors. Might be obvious to some but you know.

Was on the car when I bought it mate