ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Unless you swap it to a silicone one that will Allways happen. I'm sure you knew that though lol.

It won't have any real effect getting hot

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I suppose I thought all the air flowing through it would keep it cool, but I really don't know how much air is being sucked in :laughing:.

Thanks for the quick reply, I can rest easy :up:.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a few of these now and never had an issue. I'd be more concerned. About the filter getting warm in really warm weather.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
The filter felt fine, but I'll keep an eye on it. It could get warmer on a much longer run of course......

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
There's a group buy for a battery cover that the induction hose goes through, not sure if you have seen that. I will be getting one as they look good and I think it will have a function too

Clio Sport 182
Hi all! I have a question, i read in all sites that when you get "hot air" instead of cold air, normally you are loosing power, but I read opener and he said and shows how he is gaining some power, how is it possible? Im thinking to do this to my car. Thanks!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Hi all! I have a question, i read in all sites that when you get "hot air" instead of cold air, normally you are loosing power, but I read opener and he said and shows how he is gaining some power, how is it possible? Im thinking to do this to my car. Thanks!
Because with this the filter gets relocated behind the passenger headlight, where the air tends to be quite cool

Clio Sport 182
Because with this the filter gets relocated behind the passenger headlight, where the air tends to be quite cool
Ouch, i thought it was hot air in all motor bay, not only in some points. Definitely im going to do this. Now i need help to choose materials, because im reading almost all pages and everyone buy something different. Some people put a silicone pipe, and on the other side is steel pipe, so which is better? And about the diameter, is needed to get 70mm in the interior or exterior?
I appreciate some links to ebay or anything, thanks for all!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Get 20% off your bends!
bfb151163104722eddda1625de9af0e1.png

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Last edited:
  Clio Sport 182
This is what I bought:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200967481273 (70mm external diameter, swaged ends, 150mm leg length)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390629059729

It all fitted together nicely and no other purchases were necessary. The filter came with a Jubilee Clip too, even though it's not shown in the eBay listing. I went for the alloy pipe based on looks and cost.
Thank you so much oreA, just bought it. When i receive, i will install it and take some photos of the result. Thanks!

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Thank you so much oreA, just bought it. When i receive, i will install it and take some photos of the result. Thanks!
:up:

Oh and don't forget cable ties to secure everything, other than fabricating a bracket this seems to be the only way to keep the setup steady.

Clio Sport 182
:up:

Oh and don't forget cable ties to secure everything, other than fabricating a bracket this seems to be the only way to keep the setup steady.
Dont worry, i saw a lot of photos on this post and i know i need some cable ties. Thank you!

Ph2 172
Did everyone use the filter they received that looked small!?
I ordered the CC-115 which is 120mm at the base and 125mm tall and it looks tiny! Wondering if it's being used without issue or if I should return it for the slightly larger one

Clio Sport 182
I just receive the pipe but i can read 76mm on diameter. I think i receive a wrong order, because i have the bill and i ordered with 70mm, not 76, so it doesnt fit it on my filter.

182 FF
Guys I have really struggled to get the kit to fit. I went for a 70mm silicone hose rather than the solid one Fatty uses and the hose just won't fit to the existing bend and to the ramair filter. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Guys I have really struggled to get the kit to fit. I went for a 70mm silicone hose rather than the solid one Fatty uses and the hose just won't fit to the existing bend and to the ramair filter. Has anyone experienced this issue?
You are gonna need some kind of joiner to fit a silicone bend to the existing bend

182 FF
It has a neck. So in essence I need two number 70mm dia ally joiners and that will fit perfect to the existing plastic intake hose that goes into the engine and then one that then goes into the new filter