ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

Ph2 Clio 172
So I've had mine on for a while and it still makes me lol on every slip road!
But I'm worried it might be too loud? Has anyone with the setup from the OP used theirs on track? I'm planning a Bedford day again soon and really don't want to be sent home after 1 lap for tripping their super strict noise limits. It gets pretty boomy when at full chat.

Ph2 Clio 172
Yeah 87.5 drive by and 101 static. Mine was about 85ish static with the stock airbox but this filter setup barks its head off over half throttle.

Clio 182
Yep, me again.
So I've removed the airbox, however there's a tube on the other side of the airbox going down below the headlight thats connected to something. What is it?! Also how to remove this?! Sorry for being useless again haha

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yep, me again.
So I've removed the airbox, however there's a tube on the other side of the airbox going down below the headlight thats connected to something. What is it?! Also how to remove this?! Sorry for being useless again haha
Accoutic valve. Rip it out, bung the pipe that goes to the inlet

Clio 182
If it's a bumper off job I'll leave it for today!
But otherwise, I think I finally got there!
22006264720_abce13ac3a_c.jpg

Clio 182
I'll have a go when I get time at some point possibly! It took me about an hour to do this as it was (I'm sure you guys did it in like 5 mins or something but anyway!)
Thanks for the help!

So mines being a bit of a PITA!
is there extra metal work in the ph1 than the ph2?
Normal size battery but using a k&n filter until the Ramair one turns up. Possibly k&n being too big?

Clio 172 Cup
Any one had this problem? Had to bend the metal work to make it fit! It's bloody tight! But sounds awesome!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 136

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Is the battery all the way back?
Slotted straight in on my Ph1 with no issues....apart from putting a massive gash in my hand as I dragged it over a jubilee clip bit that acted like a knife blade.

Arctic 182
R-R-Resurrection!
Got a 182 recently that's got a big pipercross viper filter on it. It's got bad air hose placement & I feel the viper it's more restrictive as it needs constant air flow.
(Tried to re-position hose but it's got a small diameter & I'm not cutting anything)
Bought the bits for a Fatty kit instead so hope to get some decent air intake.
Anyone had any experience with the Viper or similar?
Cheers.

R-R-Resurrection!
Got a 182 recently that's got a big pipercross viper filter on it. It's got bad air hose placement & I feel the viper it's more restrictive as it needs constant air flow.
(Tried to re-position hose but it's got a small diameter & I'm not cutting anything)
Bought the bits for a Fatty kit instead so hope to get some decent air intake.
Anyone had any experience with the Viper or similar?
Cheers.

Heard nothing but negative regarding the viper. I'd imagine the fatty's is probably better .

Arctic 182
Cheers guys, like I can I can feel the restriction of the viper not drawing in enough air.
The Fattys kit was great on the 172 so hope it will be better here.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Viper used to be highly rated on here back in the day, then the ITG maxogen came out which was highly rated, then the v6 airbox, then standard airbox with panel filter, then ktec ik and now this fatty one!

Let's face it, none of them make a noticeable difference but the fatty one sounds best.

Viper used to be highly rated on here back in the day, then the ITG maxogen came out which was highly rated, then the v6 airbox, then standard airbox with panel filter, then ktec ik and now this fatty one!

Let's face it, none of them make a noticeable difference but the fatty one sounds best.

Exactly this

Arctic 182
Cheers Leeds_182.
It's just the way the viper feels restrictive & how good the fatty one sounded before on the 172. Maybe I'm his looking for reasons lol, but the viper is definitely not getting the right airflow.
Off topic, to fit the fatty one does the acoustic valve DEFINITELY have to come out? Don't really wanna be taking the 'new' 182 apart!
@imprezaworks

Cheers Leeds_182.
It's just the way the viper feels restrictive & how good the fatty one sounded before on the 172. Maybe I'm his looking for reasons lol, but the viper is definitely not getting the right airflow.
Off topic, to fit the fatty one does the acoustic valve DEFINITELY have to come out? Don't really wanna be taking the 'new' 182 apart!
@imprezaworks

Doesn't have to no.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I had a viper kit when I first got my 182. I liked the look of it which made me buy it £220 off ktec iirc. Didn't do anything for the way it drove though. I actually put the standard airbox back on as it felt better.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Also the acoustic valve can stay in place. Its just a case of removing the airbox on the 182. If you using the ally bend then you don't need a crankcase filter either. Simples.

Arctic 182
Thanks mate that's really helpful. It feels much better after the 98RON map but I'm still not feeling the viper.
What's a crankcase filter? :D

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@Mendizmo

Its a small filter that goes to the back of the inlet if you use a silicone 90 degree bend. The silicone bend does not have a extra pipe coming off it for the breather so you have to use a pipe off the back of the inlet with a small filter.

But as your using the original bend, it already has the pipe connected so no need for the breather/crankcase filter.