ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I used an itg larger filter, no difference In noise. What you looking to achieve?

If it’s noise save and trade for a Ktec.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I used an itg larger filter, no difference In noise. What you looking to achieve?

If it’s noise save and trade for a Ktec.

No reason really as mine is a bit tatty now and just looking at trying a different one.

ktec is to expensive really is it not just for a filter?,prob get another ram air if i cat find anything.

2003 Clio 172
I've only had the fatty on my car for about two weeks and already want the Ktec. Don't get me wrong, the fatty sounds awesome but the Ktec definitely sounds better. It is a lot of money for a silicone hose and a filter, however it's comparatively cheap compared with an ITG Maxogen, BMC, etc.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Ramair do a million-and-one different filter sizes, so you might be able to find something similar from them. Loads on eBay in their shop.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve spoke to ramair before, I think ;) they do supply the filter for Ktec. I do t think you can buy it cheap/direct from ramair though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve had the bigger one mate, no difference in noise.

It’s the density of the filter, Ktec one being more so

And coupled with the complete silicone bend.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So i got just the ktec filter and new silicone hoses and fitted this afternoon,looks so much better than before.

Old set up
20180620_143211.jpg

New set up
20180620_150734.jpg

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So on the way to work this morning i gave it a bit of beans to see if any difference.To be honest theres not much difference,if anything i think its louder rasper with the metal pipe on,i was half asleep tho.So will test again on the way home,any how looks much better and a new filter rather than the dirty knackered ram air one.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
My Fatty with the metal ASH pipe and large Ramair filter sounds ridiculous. I'm tempted to replace it with a standard airbox.

What's this bit called? I tried searching on eBay with no luck.

20180620_150734.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Does the size of the Ramair filter alter the sound at all? Would I bigger one be better for the engine to get more air in?