ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Evora is Ready!

Italian 3.2 V6
forget the roof. front splitter and rear diffuser only!

lovely car btw u lucky sod. great colour!

Also have been thinking about an exhaust change, and this is the best sounding one I've found. But it doesn't say who makes it. I'm guess Kreissieg, which I will NOT be buying! LOL

[YOUTUBE]yfUzT1Qa8Ds[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3Tpf3Tjhuvw[/YOUTUBE]

The rear plate surround would look like this..

165576_498735312589_794637589_6031688_1883801_n.jpg

MY10 R35 GTR
get you backside up to knockhill 24th Feb mate.

Livingstone autoparts run a few track days a year. £150 iirc. Open pit from 9-5 (1 hour break at lunch) you get a free tea+roll in the morning and a free lunch.

MY10 R35 GTR
gutted. They usually do one every couple of months. Very well run day with a nice selection of cars and good drivers

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Do neither.

Both cheapen the look of it.

Looks classy as the minute. Well as classy as an orange lotus can!

MY10 R35 GTR
not as far as I know mate. Its the lads at Extreme who sort me out woth dates etc. LIvingstone autoparts are on facebook

535d / t5 caravelle
very dissapointed tbh! was expecting to see a bora with an evo kit on...........................

Another quick update, posted on PH but thought I'd put it up here, and have taken a few new pics after a good cleaning session this week! I've had a quote for the roof and mirrors to be wrapped, £300 so think I'll try it when I get it serviced, along with the wheels refurbed

I’m up to 4000 miles now and the Evora feels like its loosening up quite nicely. I’ve done my first track day in it, and its quite a nice feeling being able to drive to the track in such a compliant GT car, and suddenly switch to a typical ‘Lotus’ like feeling car when on track. The car might not be as pin point as the Exige, but I’d put this down the tyres, and the weight. Performance wise there didn’t seem to be a lot between the Evora NA, and the Exige SC.

I’m finding the Evora much, much comfier for all driving than the Exige, and the seats are also more supportive.. So win-win IMO. The exhaust is starting to soot up nicely now aswell and sounding nicer as the mileage climbs.

The rear seats haven’t been used by a human since my last update, all they have been used for is shopping and luggage. They are just ever so small for a normal sized adult which is ashame.

The car has been getting plenty of positive attention which is nice. Most people don’t know what it is (I’ve removed the afterthought Evora badge from the rear).

I’ve also recently driven the SC Evora, with a half intention to upgrade if the car was much better. As an all rounder, it is absolutely superb. Few points/differences I did notice though –

Gear shift seems ‘lighter’. I’m not sure whether I preferred this to mine, but I’m told it’s a simple cable mod which can be done during my next service if I want.
There wasn’t much build quality improvements that I noticed, but the seats are noticeably softer, and this is down to the 20mm thick pads for the heated seats element..
Power is much more readily available, its very effortless. Loads of torque compared to the NA, but at the same time, it changed my driving style to lazy. Rather than reving the car (and really having fun) I found myself changing up earlier and riding the torque more.
The car was louder than mine aswell with the sports button on, which I’m told opens an exhaust valve. Nice touch as it means it also has a quiet mode!

I didn’t feel that right now, I could justify the change. I’d like the extra power, but everything else, it would just feel like the same car sitting on the driveway. I’d probably even go for the same colour again!

Biggest problem I now feel is I don’t know what I’ll change to next. The Evora is probably the best all round car I’ve owned for my needs. And as with all Lotus’, every other car after driving a Lotus feels very numb and disconnected.

I know the Evora doesn’t get the best of reviews in some of the magazines, but I’d urge people who are looking at cars such as the Cayman/911, to at least try the Evora before writing it off. All in all, very happy so far. My local dealer MMC after service has been fantastic aswell, which also helps.

:)

Here has to be one of the best, cheap mods I've ever done! Lotus you Scamming b******s!

Before
ced12e63.jpg

£15 later..
efcaa170.jpg

And a few new pics..

DSC_0857.jpg

DSC_0877.jpg

DSC_0854.jpg

And a few a mate took..

IMG_4982b.jpg

IMG_4967b.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Stunning.

Am I blind? What's the difference in the mirror control pics? Different switch, is that it?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol at cropping your mates signature out the pics!!

Looks cracking and awesome to drive on the limit! Next time i'll drift it through Clarke! :p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
IMG_4967b.jpg

You really don't get a good perspective of the car from ground level, the upper shots just show how gorgeous that car is, absolutley stunning.

Anf the magazine bit.. :S It won car of the year you mentalist, in what is regarded as the driving bible... EVO.

Just to add I keep seeing little cues from supercars, LFA, 458, Koinegseeegegeg (windscreen/roof shape)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Very striking looking car and almost a perfect colour to show off the lines of it.

You going to keep it long???

Stunning.

Am I blind? What's the difference in the mirror control pics? Different switch, is that it?
Yeah folding mirrors, the motor was there, but the switch wasn't. Pretty chuffed, very sly of lotus charging £500 for it!
lol at cropping your mates signature out the pics!!

Looks cracking and awesome to drive on the limit! Next time i'll drift it through Clarke! :p
PMSL!
I haven't cropped them?! He maybe just didn't put it on the ones he sent me?! NO idea

Very striking looking car and almost a perfect colour to show off the lines of it.

You going to keep it long???

Well I seem to always be looking about Autotrader and PH but there isn't really anything I fancy. So yeah I'm planning on keeping it a while longer! :clown:

Gally - It won the eCoty but most of the other mags seem to pick up on a lot of negatives.. Hey ho, I'm not bothered!