ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Evora is Ready!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
In some respects i agee with Phil, the rear seats are feckin pointless...I wish they'd just accepted that it's a 2 seater and be done with it.

You bottom out on it and add to the large amount of scars already there ?

LOL, no not yet!

i get what your saying but to be uncomfortable and trapped in the back of a tiny sports car isnt a good way of wowing your mates or even good for kids (unless it has full isofix and can fit a child seat.. but then why would you have this type of car)

they released a cheaper version with less weight and no back seats very quickly afterward so to me its a half acknowledgment that they knew a large amount of customers would buy one without rear seats as they would never reasonably use them.

dont get me wrong id own one in a heart beat if i could :) great looking thing.

It does have isofix. Its got plenty room for small children, but not really enough for an adult. Bit like a 911 or TT. Its handy to have for the odd occasion so I can carry 2 passengers. With a 2 seater you dont have that option. Plus it can also be used as extra luggage space.

Lotus aren't making money on the Elise or Exige, they haven't made profit in 5 years, so need to change their game. They need to branch out into different markets and attract different customers. And my buying it proves it is working, as I wouldn't have bought and Elise or Exige (again).

The 1.8 in the Elise and Exige has now been discontinued, for emission reasons I think.

They're launching four new cars at the Paris Motorshow in September, new Esprit concept, V6 Exige, Evora SC, and whats rumoured to be a Lotus hot hatch.

In some respects i agee with Phil, the rear seats are feckin pointless...I wish they'd just accepted that it's a 2 seater and be done with it.

You're missing the point completely. If the Z4 had two small seats in the back, it gonna give you nothing other than positives. More space, luggage etc

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You're missing the point completely. If the Z4 had two small seats in the back, it gonna give you nothing other than positives. More space, luggage etc

No no, i get the point...I just wish they hadn't done it...lol.

DCi 100
They can go and tinker with their spanners, giving them names.

Had my interview today btw, not good.

DCi 100

I'm absolutely shite at interviews!

He asked why I wanted the job first off and I pretty much froze, then got out that it's my interests etc, utterly forgot to mention the intensive work and the fun factor for me.

Then later in the interview he asked 'Where do you see yourself in 8-10 years time?' Now as it's only one guy and he was pretty relaxed and informal (he even got us lost on the way to the room lol!) I was bit more relaxed and just blurted out 'Nice house.. Double garage, trackdays, want to go travelling and that before then'.

Straight away I thought "What a c**t for saying that", totally forgot to say about being in a senior job with responsibilies and a secure career etc.

He kept on reffering back to my interest in photography aswell, like 3/4 times. Maybe he was into it himself but it's not like I'd sit in an interview talking about camera's and lenses lol.

Mr Vince Dutch was his name, if that rings any bells?

Thread bump :approve: and a bit of an update.

Had the car six months now, 3500 miles done, and car seems to be loosening up nicely. The exhaust is getting louder, but also sounding nicer!

Positives so far - The car itself is going great, few factory niggles which need sorted, probably when I next go south. Car seems to get plenty of positive comments, mostly from people not knowing what it is. My local Lotus dealer are great to deal with. The service department is superb! Havin good staff makes all the difference. I am still amazed at how well it goes from a long distance comfy cruiser, to a very good track car when the mood takes you. One track day done last year, and got a hankering to do a couple this year. Thankfully servicing and parts is cheap, Tyres are a we bit pricey..

SIDC0049.jpg

Negatives so far - Lotus as a company are starting to frustrate me, ^in a few different ways. Not all that great at looking after their customers, and considering they are away to launch a whole new range surely that's the most important thing, retaining customers! I'm not the only owner to feel this way..

Also, after 6 months I'm starting to get itchy feet as usual, but I'm coming round to thinking this is probably the best all round car I've owned, so I'm not changing. I am starting to think about modding it, and have been seen this from the USA - black roof.. Any opinions?! I'd probably do the splitter aswell, to match the wheels.. And sound wise, I fancy changing a couple of bits, but nothing too major..

8bfc3ee0.jpg

Evo 5 RS
So easy on the eye these things. Funny you should say that about Lotus customer relations too, I was speaking to an exige owner yesterday who had similar things to say. (Mainly about servicing)

Oh and I like the black roof

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Love your car Justin. The Evora really suits a bright colour.

I share your fustration with Lotus though. For a company with such a big 'masterplan' they really need to sort out the existing infastructure before they start launching all these new models.
Hopefully you won't have any need for bodywork parts for yours.....as a Lotus bodyshop we are pretty much constantly fustrated by the Lotus parts department lack of ability to get us ANY parts on time.
We currently have an Evora in with light front end damage (although it still needs a headlamp, front bumper and upper front clam!) and have been told its at least a 3 week wait for some bits!

Anyway, love the car. Have you considered the Evora S yet?

Yeah. It's disappointing they way they are just now. :(. Thing is, surely the current Elise/Exige/Evora owners are the most likely to upgrade to the new Elise/Élan etc..

Few more of the black roof + diffuser extension

627f7fdc.jpg

c91761ff.jpg

09a5e9a4.jpg

Not sure on the roof, looks a bit nsx wannabe?

Itchy feet=evora s time ;)

Ha! Thing is, I'd prefer a roadster. Evora S Roadster and I'd change. Though I'd probably go for Orange/Black again.. Maybe not!

think about wraps, on the roof. At least it will be easier to chop and change..

Definately be a wrap. Problem is my wheels are satin, so a gloss roof might not match..?

Love your car Justin. The Evora really suits a bright colour.

I share your fustration with Lotus though. For a company with such a big 'masterplan' they really need to sort out the existing infastructure before they start launching all these new models.
Hopefully you won't have any need for bodywork parts for yours.....as a Lotus bodyshop we are pretty much constantly fustrated by the Lotus parts department lack of ability to get us ANY parts on time.
We currently have an Evora in with light front end damage (although it still needs a headlamp, front bumper and upper front clam!) and have been told its at least a 3 week wait for some bits!

Anyway, love the car. Have you considered the Evora S yet?

As above, Evora S would be nice, but it's not necessary for me I don't think.

Know what you mean about parts, ordered a couple of thugs 3 months ago and still not got them! 3 weeks would have been a miracle!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Although Ali would probably have kittens, maybe a carbon wrap would be better than black? Looks like the white one may have a carbon wrap? That way, the wheels won't need to 'match'.
Or, just get a satin finish wrap?
5352136955_cee0faf557_b.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks stunning mate! best colour for an evora.

I would say go for a satin black roof, to match the wheels or get your wheels done gloss black and get the roof done in gloss.

Carbon might work.. Satin, being Matt would probably not look right against the paint?

Think your right, White one looks like it's got a carbon roof.

Might pull apart the airbox and remove the 'restrictive' trumpets.. The Yanks seem impressed with the difference in sound it makes.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If going for the black roof/skirts etc, it would work best if the wheels were re-done gloss.

Ok, another update, the car is going into the garage this week, so thought i'd pop up a couple of (quick) photoshops of the roof/splitter. Thoughts?

I'm not too keen on the splitter I don't think, but can't make my mind up on the roof.. Would be roughly £50-100 for the roof they said..

Roof only -

Roof1.jpg

Roof2.jpg

Roof3.jpg

Roof and Splitters -

RoofandSplitter.jpg

RoofandSplitter2.jpg