ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Evora is Ready!

Titanium 182
He has some taste Ali, I will give him that and even you have got to him some credit!

Maybe he needs to own a Z4M thing to be ubber cool like yourself? :}

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I think you'll love it Ali.

Bit like your car with 4 seats and faster. :eek:

I think the problem with the Evora (for me) is that it doesn't fit anywhere...It's a LOTUS which is meant to be (Excluding the Esprit) a hardcore racer... but the Evora isn't...it's both...odd choice, even for the Oil shore oil monkey!

Like i said, looking forward to a shot. I thought the VX was going to be gammon but was proved otherwise. Likewise with the CSL i drove on Sat. EPIC!! x10000!

Titanium 182
I agree with you there Ali, Lotus are now shifting from hardcore track racers to more exotic and luxury cars. Stupid I know, who is going to buy a exotic and luxury plastic pig from some turnip farmers in Norfolk.

Justin just needs to buy a noble and be down with it!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I agree with you there Ali, Lotus are now shifting from hardcore track racers to more exotic and luxury cars. Stupid I know, who is going to buy a exotic and luxury plastic pig from some turnip farmers in Norfolk.

Justin just needs to buy a noble and be down with it!

100% agree...But not with the Noble shout. He doesn't really like them.

I love the exige! Lovely looking thing...More so than the Evora.

An Evora that out spec's most BMW's tho........Just can't get used to that idea...Then again it was faster round the ring than an Exige S...WTF!!! lol

I think the problem with the Evora (for me) is that it doesn't fit anywhere...It's a LOTUS which is meant to be (Excluding the Esprit) a hardcore racer... but the Evora isn't...it's both...odd choice, even for the Oil shore oil monkey!

Like i said, looking forward to a shot. I thought the VX was going to be gammon but was proved otherwise. Likewise with the CSL i drove on Sat. EPIC!! x10000!

Agree pretty much exactly with what you said about my previous steeds. TVR was immense, the rest were good, but wouldn't go back.

Your missing the point with the Evora though. Lotus can't keep going if they only target there neiche Market, ie track type cars. They haven't made any profit in the last 5 years! Hence the Evora and new Esprit (which is rumoured to have the LF-A engine in it)

I didn't want hardcore, but I wanted something special.

Exige - too hardcore, been there done that.
GTR - found it boring and a bit of a non event if I'm honest
Sagaris - Yeah this came close, would be pissed if I bought a 'bad one'
911T/R8 - older, no warranty. R8 was close, but didn't really want a mass produced sports car. I like to be different.
V8V - I'm not sophisticated enough ;)

I'm also going to be bias and defend my new purchase, but I'm not blinkered, and can see why people wouldn't want one, or would prefer a Porsche. And that almost the exact reason I chose it. It's unique. Colour is marmite, but I love it!

The car is far from perfect though, and has it's niggles, or 'Lotus Quirks' as I like to call them! :clown:

An Evora that out spec's most BMW's tho........Just can't get used to that idea...Then again it was faster round the ring than an Exige S...WTF!!! lol

Exactly. It's a mega comfy place to sit, but still has that Lotus magic about it. Plus the V6 noise, and all the toys. It's a no brainer really ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
yeh, but its when LOTUS etc change what they're good at...thats when they go off the boil...Look at Noble! 45k for the M400. Now they was 250k for the M500!!! WTF! Get a grip. Sure it's lost the halfords esk look but and it's just as good a car + Faster but its just not worth the cash! I hope LOTUS doesn't stuff themselves here...Because the Europa was hardly a success was it?!

Titanium 182
Please tell me you didnt get the interior seats the same colour as the car.

Be like sitting on David Dickson!

Arrr man I love your car choice's, I really do.

How long is this one here to stay for?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
yeh, but its when LOTUS etc change what they're good at...thats when they go off the boil...Look at Noble! 45k for the M400. Now they was 250k for the M500!!! WTF! Get a grip. Sure it's lost the halfords esk look but and it's just as good a car + Faster but its just not worth the cash! I hope LOTUS doesn't stuff themselves here...Because the Europa was hardly a success was it?!

Problem being, with the Elise/exige range they haven't sold enough. The purist approach is admirable, but there aren't enough people out there willing to spend the cash on it. Hence tvr no longer being with us, and lotus taking a different approach.
I'd love to see the lotus approach to a hot hatch or saloon car. I'd love an Elise, but its simply unusable for me.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Problem being, with the Elise/exige range they haven't sold enough. The purist approach is admirable, but there aren't enough people out there willing to spend the cash on it. Hence tvr no longer being with us, and lotus taking a different approach.
I'd love to see the lotus approach to a hot hatch or saloon car. I'd love an Elise, but its simply unusable for me.

I'd love an Exige, but i can't sell that french thing!

I suppose Porsche did ok with the 4x4 market...Will be interesting to see! TVR will be back! :p With american POWW-WA!!!

Titanium 182
Lotus Calton was awesome, maybe they should focus there efforts other makes, maybe become like what prodrive or something along the lines of that.

Still make the track day specials, but run along side other makes

You're right about the Europa. But to me it wasn't marketed right, an was too similar to a VX220/Elise. Only time will tell with the Evora I guess.

Difference between Lotus and Noble is, Lotus won't stop making the Exige or Elise, they are adding to the range. You can't buy a new M400 now can you? I'm not sure. Also with that new Noble, it's doesn't look like a 250k car, and it's interior is just as bad as the M12. Too race spec.

The Esprit is rumoured to be around £100k, which sounds a lot, but compare it to a F458/New MacLaren, which it's aimed at, it's cheap.. Plus it's meant to be quicker.. I'm not sure if it'll sell well though. It's spy shots show it to look very similar to a Murci, which is stunning IMO.

Please tell me you didnt get the interior seats the same colour as the car.

Be like sitting on David Dickson!

Arrr man I love your car choice's, I really do.

How long is this one here to stay for?

Ha! No all black leather inside. The Recaros are immense!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The Europa was a decent car. Shame about it's noise though! Was setting off the noise meter at Bedford with the standard exhaust. Wasn't loud, but pops/bangs on the downshift.

Titanium 182
Your neighbours must thing you have more money then sense!

All the different cars on the drive, its like there is a different one every 3 months!

The picture of your house and the lambo did make me chuckle, those 2 I would have never put together lol guys next door must have thought you won the lottery.

Bang on. Other problem Lotus now have is, there is so many used Elise/exige out there, that most folk will buy second hand. They seem to think bringing out special editions every month will help them sell more.

As great as they both are, compare it to a Boxster/Cayman (which I know aren't as focused) but they seem expensive and compromised to your regular buyer.

I just a bit more willing to put up with the Lotus downsides, since I'll be getting the upsides

Your neighbours must thing you have more money then sense!

All the different cars on the drive, its like there is a different one every 3 months!

The picture of your house and the lambo did make me chuckle, those 2 I would have never put together lol guys next door must have thought you won the lottery.

Lol! TBH me and her will be looking to buy somewhere probably next year, and I know fine well I won't be able to run a Lambo etc then, so just doing it while I can.

Least I can look back and say I've had the balls and actually done it, rather than regretting not doing while having the chance.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
When you picking it up! Awesome run y'day but it would of been fecked after it...I've literally no paint on my front bumper! it's completely white!!!!!!! :( Another 300+ required to respray! :(

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
A red one went past me a few nights ago, best lotus for decades, looks very expensive and a wide road presence from the rear.

Gorgeous car, love the colour as well. Presumably not a particularly common colour choice, which is a good thing imo.

99.9% of us haven't driven one, saw always amusing reading the comments. Evo rate it extremely highly, so that's good enough for me as they get to drive pretty much everything going.

Its superb to drive. Mine still feels very stiff/tight, but I can't wait until its loosened up. Its the best car I've ever driven, closely followed by the Exige. This beats it for me as its comfier, torquier, and must more refined. Absorbs bumps effortlessly. I can see why it won car of the year.

When you picking it up! Awesome run y'day but it would of been fecked after it...I've literally no paint on my front bumper! it's completely white!!!!!!! :( Another 300+ required to respray! :(

I've got it. Got it on Saturday morning, just been out and put some more miles on her :)

Where's the pics? Curry/Pint this week?

Evoras are mint. The end.

No self opening glovebox this time! ;)

A red one went past me a few nights ago, best lotus for decades, looks very expensive and a wide road presence from the rear.

Yeah, red is a cracking colour on it, but there are already a few red ones about. It was a close second choice for me.

Gorgeous car, love the colour as well. Presumably not a particularly common colour choice, which is a good thing imo.

99.9% of us haven't driven one, saw always amusing reading the comments. Evo rate it extremely highly, so that's good enough for me as they get to drive pretty much everything going.

Colour wise, personally I think it suits it perfectly. The black wheels really set it off. I don't see the point in buying a Lotus in a Mondeo colour. It needs to be loud!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Its superb to drive. Mine still feels very stiff/tight, but I can't wait until its loosened up. Its the best car I've ever driven, closely followed by the Exige. This beats it for me as its comfier, torquier, and must more refined. Absorbs bumps effortlessly. I can see why it won car of the year.

I've got it. Got it on Saturday morning, just been out and put some more miles on her :)

Where's the pics? Curry/Pint this week?

errrrmmmm....Maybe. Down in brum picking up her new car on thursday. Out tonite and tomo. Wed's a maybe tho, there's a new curry house on Bridge st.

Pics later. Awesome roads, just gutted with the mess the car is in now! Unneccessary cost! :(

WC Semi Final on Wed! We'll do it next week.

You must get a discount with all these resprays you get done.

M135i
Lovely car and I really like the interior too.

It might be just me, but I've always thought they looked a bit odd at the point where the roof panel meets the rear pillar/glass?

It kinda looks like its a removable targa roof, but I'm guessing that's not actually the case?

Only 2nd time at Kinghorn so i doubt it...:( Bit gutted, headlights fcuked too! :(

Just thinking, Wednesday is knockhill?

Lovely car and I really like the interior too.

It might be just me, but I've always thought they looked a bit odd at the point where the roof panel meets the rear pillar/glass?

It kinda looks like its a removable targa roof, but I'm guessing that's not actually the case?

Not its not removable. But there is a soft top coming soon. I've taken some better pics this morning

I'm happy the canoe factory fall apart car has gone, what a fcuking shed LOL

ROFL. It was awesome!

Few more pics..

Interior - Carried 3 folk last night, not the comfiest, but handy to have if needed.
DSC_0796.jpg

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0792.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

Party piece - Drops down to reveal a removable Sat Nav. No idea what use that has..
DSC_0794.jpg

Boot - Can fit a set of golf clubs in, and the rear seats give a bit more storage aswell
DSC_0795.jpg

LED Rear lights, sidelights, Xenons
DSC_0804.jpg

DSC_0807.jpg

Sports Exhaust, Camera and sensors
DSC_0802.jpg

Some quick fancy ones (not the greatest)

DSC_0812.jpg

DSC_0813.jpg

DSC_0803.jpg

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
DSC_0812.jpg

WOW!

I actually think it might be better looking than the gallardo. :eek:

The interior is lovely, not sure on the rear bench, would have looked better scirocco style.

Love the side lights and no Audi style fairy lights! Perfect!

My Brother is on Rig Elgin Justin, loving it so far btw.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Seats looks stunnin. lol @ the location...you need another! Will need to get pics next wk.