ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Evora is Ready!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Absolutely brilliant car. Have had the pleasure of a full bore passenger ride in one at Bedford with Ben Devlin driving it. Eating Porsches for fun.

I've driven a couple myself as well. Truly stunning. Very envious!

No one has!

There not selling many! Shame as they are a good car!

It's ashame really. It was always going to be a hard task persuading porsche customers to come over.

The other thing is, it was never meant to be built to the same levels that the 911/Cayman is, the Evora target is 35 per week, and think it's currently doing nearer 25

OMG Envy !!!

Saw some of these In Le Mans, look pretty damm fine. No Exige S2, but not far from.

Agreed the Exige looks more hardcore, but I've been there done that, and didn't want another. Wanted something a bit more everyday..

I am actually a bit in love with that car. Would choose one over a GT-R anyday.

I actually tried a GTR before this one, and the running costs are terrifying. Dare I say it, it wasn't very exciting when driving normally, I almost found it boring. It's horrendously fast though..

The Evora just ticked all the boxes for me.

Fast isn't everything IMO

atmosphere and driving experience are EVERYTHING.

Hence why I would find driving an ancient Lancia Stratos waaaay more exciting than a GT-R.

I hate the GT-R the interior is f**king horrendous, the panel under the screen looks like its been produced by fcuking Daewoo.

Hence why I would find driving an ancient Lancia Stratos waaaay more exciting than a GT-R.

I hate the GT-R the interior is f**king horrendous, the panel under the screen looks like its been produced by fcuking Daewoo.

Actually totally agree. The Gallardo was stupidly fast, but you couldn't use it any of the time. The Evora isn't going to set any 1/4mile records, but you feel like you are driving it all the time.. It's immense!

Just rape it from new, you homo. The Evora looks awesome in the metal. Very very secial car. The RS is awesome thanks. Having an epic time abroad in it. It's almost black now :cool:

Good to hear. You decided on the map? Still wanting to go for it?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

+1. Amen.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Very nice mate, not sure on the orange or maybe its just the pictures that dont do it justice.

Would love to see a red/white one

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Jesus!

LOG2009_CJT%20-%2012.jpg

Be a flying machine then!

For sure. The RS is mostly about boost from low revs in any gear. Hopefully the Mountune should hold boost longer and harder. It revs to 7k but TBH you never need more than 5k. Hoping the MP350 kit will fill out the higher rpm a bit, and make it more worthwile holding onto a gear.

Anyway...Evora...awesome :cool:

For sure. The RS is mostly about boost from low revs in any gear. Hopefully the Mountune should hold boost longer and harder. It revs to 7k but TBH you never need more than 5k. Hoping the MP350 kit will fill out the higher rpm a bit, and make it more worthwile holding onto a gear.

Anyway...Evora...awesome :cool:

Saw the RS500 at Goodwood today, sounded mint HTH

That Red Evora is amazing! I want that colour! Orange is swish too :sleepy:

Not a 320d
It's ashame really. It was always going to be a hard task persuading porsche customers to come over.

The other thing is, it was never meant to be built to the same levels that the 911/Cayman is, the Evora target is 35 per week, and think it's currently doing nearer 25

Agreed the Exige looks more hardcore, but I've been there done that, and didn't want another. Wanted something a bit more everyday..

You must be on a seriously comfortable wage. Unless your 40-50 years old. Froces, Oil Rigs, Construction. ????

Awesome styling. It's got that nothing wasted look. Like the body is there to contain the hardware, not to look pretty and flatter homos who w**k off over curvy Ferraris. In some ways it reminds me of the GT-R in that respect. It also shares the 'cockpit' style side profile of the windscreen rake and roof.

:) howd you get into that line of work then?

Through a company called OPITO. Worth googling if your interested.

The wheels on the above Evoras look very like the MTM aftermarket Audi wheels

I actually prefer the standard wheels. They don't seem to photo aswell, but have more 'shape' to them. The multispoke ones are very flat. The standard ones almost have a bit of dish to them lol

Awesome styling. It's got that nothing wasted look. Like the body is there to contain the hardware, not to look pretty and flatter homos who w**k off over curvy Ferraris. In some ways it reminds me of the GT-R in that respect. It also shares the 'c**kpit' style side profile of the windscreen rake and roof.

Its quite big in the flesh, although its amazing how they have managed to fit in the boot, then engine, then 4 seats, and still feel quite roomy inside!

Yeah I was surprised how big they are. My only 'gripe' would be that it's quite obviously a plastic body. You can see by the larger than average shutlines, and not-so tight radius' of panel edges. That's not a bad thing though I guess.

Yeah, they aren't that bad IMO. But I know what you mean. I just hope I dont get too many niggles with it.

Might be taking it to the Ring in September aswell, run it in properly! :approve: