ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Vw caddy tdi
Re: No Compromise ph1 ITB build (Fastcar, BTM, TDF, RS Fab) - ITB update p77

The mazda looks like nimbus an audi colour if you like that you might want to take a look at flat grey another audi colour even rarer on a tt.

that looks f**king awsome!!!

lmao.. was that aimed at me?? if so thank you...

if your in a position where you can weld it yourself then the Custom Cages kits is very very good.. not perfect!.. but any fabrictor can do whats needed to fit it.. however if your going to be shipping the shell out to someone to have something fitted i wouldn`t use them... IMO "Sonny Howard Engineering" do amazing work and for the money you`d get a lot more than you would going to CC for there fitting service.. they recently did a full weld in to a friends ferrari 360 and it really is a no-nonsence bit of work...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

ahhh finally found your blog! things look very nice.. i have the same dash2 unit in my car.. Matt @ TDF was saying you`ve been looking at the cage in the black clio thats sometimes at his?? if your still after something that full on i can reccomend a couple of places that can build to your requirements or alternatively i have a "custom cage" in mine which is very similar and other than a couple of issues with there aftersales help the actual cage is immense...

if that was directed at myself then i am ok for a cage mate, i have CAGED just down the road from me. With regards to gussets etc i really do love the look of them and i understand the strength and rigidity they give the car but i have decided apart from the extra dashbar that is going in mine i am going to leave it. I have weighed up the options and i think what i have got is good enough for the limits the car will be pushed to in my hands, this is against what extra weight would be added if the car had all the extras - ie double door bars, gussets etc etc

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member

Dont forget the Renaultsport greys -nimbus,storm grey and oyster grey ;)

Black Gold Trophy

God this is the most difficult project to follow ever!

It seems like you have no clear plan on which direction you want to take with this car and it seems like it would never really be 'finished' as such, becuase you are constantly changing your mind about what you're doing with it.
The ITB conversion looks great, if the car continued to in this direction it would turn out a lot better.

It could be worse though, it could be having a horrible fibreglass bodykit fitted.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

lol...no real direction, i would disagree, its always had the same direction, however time defined this...

taken from the very first post:

the decision was made on the plans for this car the same day and just hours after i went and looked at what was going to be by next car, a toyota glanza, in the end i chose not to go down that route as for the same money if not more i was getting something very dated and not possibly as reliable.
the plan is for coilovers, to refurb the standard wheels something a bit different, this theme will be run through the car. breathing mods, stripped interior with bucket seats and harnesses and a general tidy around of other parts.

i do believe that it now sits stripped with breathing mods on coilovers... ok it doesn't sit on standard wheels but if you like i can paypal 10p for you to call my mum and let her know?

does it or indeed he have to have a plan set in stone??? times change, fashions change, the cars uses change.. as such any long term project will evolve and change over a period of time...

Check your work email bone, its famous.

Black Gold Trophy

well no need to get so defensive about it old chap.

Maybe it's just the way you have laid out the write up over so many pages that makes it seem like the project is going back and forth in different directions.

For example the badges go from straight and tidy, to broken up in a sort of 'rat' style then back to straight and tidy.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Check your work email bone, its famous.

got nothing mate...

Maybe it's just the way you have laid out the write up over so many pages that makes it seem like the project is going back and forth in different directions.
For example the badges go from straight and tidy, to broken up in a sort of 'rat' style then back to straight and tidy.

just fed up of pointless posts on this forum in general really,
there is no other way to lay out the write up, its written as it happens, how must project threads are written i suspect.
with regards to the badges, if you read about them it says they broke as i removed them to paint, so for a laugh i just ratted them and left them like that until i got some more...

if you still think its going forward and back and has no real direction then as said earlier its no real issue, people change there minds, this could be influenced finically, whether its a first or second car or personal taste...what of it?...

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Maybe someone should try reading aswell instead of just looking at pictures. Can you read Jack?

DCi 100

I'm by no means a CS hater. But for a 'No Compromise' build, your car is incredibley girly compared to Laxy/Conlon/F0xy/Whiteley's.

Just sayin'.

I'm offended that i was not mentioned lol

To be fair he's only just really started to make it into a track car, it'll be cracking when its finished :)

How about post some decent pictures or let me see the car then lol. All your pictures are of s**t wiring and orange OZ F1's ;)

Picture1.jpg

i do like that comment, its almost a challenge, i would disagree but my view is based on how i see it in my head, and as it stands on here i would probably agree a little, the way it stood before it started to be stripped it was still my daily driver, now its not, it will be going alot more hardcore, i will rise to your challenge....

Ace! Get it sorted. :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so have a small update for today as only had a few things to do and a few hours to do it...
the car is back off to Caged next week to have another section welded into the cage. As i am now going to be running basically no dash (just a mrk 1 top dash) and a digital dash i quite fancy the extra security of the extra bar at the front + this will also double as a digi dash mounting place (much like barron/bazzon's car).

So i needed to basically prep the car for this, it didn't need much as i had done a few other bits to sort it before...
first thing to do today was to measure the track of the front and rear as i will be trailering it across to caged, my friend races his westfield so we will be using his box trailer, i just need to check the track so we can see if it will fit in the track of the trailer.
IMG_0380.jpg

so will check that this week.
next up was to just put the airbox/blower part back in as this is the only real thing that caged may possibly have to work around. I have decided to keep this over a heated windscreen as i fancy driving this car on the road also, plus with haveing polycarb windows it will be nice to get some sort of cold(ish) air into the cabin somehow...
IMG_0384.jpg

so thats how the front end looks and how it will be going to caged, i have bolted the rest of the cage in roughly so they don't have to mess around doing that.
next up was to check my template i made up for my seat subframes. I got rid of my old subframes as they sat a bit high and were adjustable. as i don't let anyone else drive the car i don't need the adjustability anymore, and i fancied having the seats a fair bit lower.

i made up some rough templates about 2 months ago but then made up these one piece templates the other day with the measurements, whilst the car is away with caged myself and a friend will set about making these.
IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

i placed them in and taped them in place, it looks like i need another 1cm on the back left mount point but all others are spot on...happy days
IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

quite happy with the prep that has gone on and once this cage is sorted the rest of the interior can go ahead, got a fair few plans sorted so when i get the car back the interior will be stripped again, the last couple bits of sound deadening will go, angle grinder will come out as will the windows for the polycarb templates, then the car will have a few bits of welding done and probably go for interior paint... (carbon doorcards are on there way also + something a bit different for the central column, being made by a race jetski builder)

i have possibly also sorted a single wiper conversion this week and started to seriously look at suspension now, i think i have narrowed it to either KW's or Bilsteins...we shalt see....otherwise though its progressing quite well. very much looking forward to driving it

CLIO PH1 172

good update please tell me your going for a centre panel like the old rally cars top to bottom ?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Nice little update, I have a question/worry about the extra bar your getting up in. Is it going to be welded in? or Bolted in. Basically you may not be able to get the front part of the cage out if its welded in. It was a right ball ache getting the front section of my cage it and if you have that new bar welded in the you could have an issue. Its somthing to think about :)

Good progress tho :)

Also how have you attached your Mk1 dash in so it doesnt flop around? I havnt thought of a way to mount mine yet. Thought i could seal an idea :)

340i

Those subframes look familiar ;)

Just how I designed my frames... You cannot sit lower, and a perfect height IMO (or they where in my Clio) :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Nice little update, I have a question/worry about the extra bar your getting up in. Is it going to be welded in? or Bolted in. Basically you may not be able to get the front part of the cage out if its welded in. It was a right ball ache getting the front section of my cage it and if you have that new bar welded in the you could have an issue. Its somthing to think about :)
Good progress tho :)
Also how have you attached your Mk1 dash in so it doesnt flop around? I havnt thought of a way to mount mine yet. Thought i could seal an idea :)

cheers for the heads up mate, but when i said welded in i meant bolted..lol, i imaging they will do it like the rest of the cage where you effectively have a seat for the bar welded to the other pieces and then it bolts through the seat...
with regards to the dash i think you can screw it up by the windsreen, otherwise i haven't looked at fixing points, its something i can't really do until that bar is fitted.

Those subframes look familiar ;) Just how I designed my frames... You cannot sit lower, and a perfect height IMO (or they where in my Clio):)

cool cool, looking forward to getting started on them

BMW M5 & E36

with regards to the dash i think you can screw it up by the windsreen, otherwise i haven't looked at fixing points, its something i can't really do until that bar is fitted.

Yep, 3 screws along the bottom of the windscreen, Do the mk2's use 3 aswell?

th_IMG_3694-1024.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so nothing is ever easy, turns out that the car will be to wide for the trailer in question....

IMG_0380.jpg

pointless...lol, but i may have sourced a truck to stick it on the back of for the 15 minute journey, i am right in saying that if its not taxed / mot'd none of the wheels can be on the floor...correct?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so whilst trying to sort the movements of the clio (looks like it will be this coming week now) from the unit to Caged i have also been doing some shopping... hopefully en-route is:

a single wiper conversion kit from these guys - www.stormwipers.com
and also a set of these...
driftarches.jpg

sp will see how these line up, if much work will be included etc, otherwise my boss said he will take them off me for his mx5

Qashcow

mmmmm sweet, glad your looking into this. hopefully it'll work

340i

I hope the fendorz do work, if you can pull it off it should be epically brilliant.!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

its going over on a truck now so no worries....
got down to the car today to clear it of all the spares.... got everything out and stored nicely, whilst i was down there i set to removing the sound deadening from the exterior panels, so the rear 3/4's and the roof, the rears come out relatively easily but the useless heat gun i had was not up to the job for the thinker roof tar so i decided to leave that....complete pain.

really looking forward to getting the car back from caged as then alot can move forward, windows out, grinding can commence etc.... then it will be well on its way

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

as the girlfriend is abandoning me to the kitchen and alot of sewing this afternoon i have nothing better to do than to go back down and work on the car...hard life, there are a few things i can do just to keep stuff together, exhaust, suspension and a new sill maybe on the cards today if the ramp is free....we shalt see, i will update later (possibly with pics)

BMW E46 330i Touring

Neglecting the kitten already. Tsk.

172 Cup

update with pics...and there is a cat!! poor show lol...