ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: someph-ing different...........

there are brackets for the inlet manifold that are not needed anymore and also carbon canister bit can be tidied :D

but the work looks a1

being low is it now not a puddle scoop though???

good attention to detail, as mentioned there is more to be done...

with regards to the scoop, its no lower than the foglight holes which i formally used for an air feed, so positioning isn't an issue, volume will be more of an issue ie that scoop will pull alot more in, i tend not to go driving through fords or massive puddles i am unsure of depth so i should be ok....+ with a decent filter it should help just incase

alien green rs133

good attention to detail, as mentioned there is more to be done...

with regards to the scoop, its no lower than the foglight holes which i formally used for an air feed, so positioning isn't an issue, volume will be more of an issue ie that scoop will pull alot more in, i tend not to go driving through fords or massive puddles i am unsure of depth so i should be ok....+ with a decent filter it should help just incase

ok thats fine, unfortunately where i live i have to drive through puddles for 80% of the year :(

and its all about the details.
below the top engine mount there is a lump of steel, that can be removed too :D
all extra weight and looks better with it gone

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

ok thats fine, unfortunately where i live i have to drive through puddles for 80% of the year :(

and its all about the details.
below the top engine mount there is a lump of steel, that can be removed too :D
all extra weight and looks better with it gone

i live down the back lanes and my cottage is down a farm track but its not too bad, the end of the lane does get totally covered but it takes a lot...should be ok,

i take it you are referring too the ballast, yerp spotted that one, its coming out, is it bolted in or anything?

That scoop is fabulous. I did wonder where the intake was for the airbox at autosport and couldnt see it.

alien green rs133

i take it you are referring too the ballast, yerp spotted that one, its coming out, is it bolted in or anything?

if you take the uprated mounting off. the hole it sits in is the entry point to the bolt holding the ballast on.

why on earth renault decided bolting extra metal on was a good idea ill never know.
on some clio's i have spotted 3-4 lumps of solid steel bolted on... WTF

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

lol...will be sorting that, mid-ordering a few other bits before it comes back to me...until then the Williams 2 is awesome...

pics up tomorrow...of the williams that is

Christ Neil, this has certainly come on a bit!! Last time I looked in this thread it had just had the new wheels. Cage, interior and RSFab looks incredible.

Where is the car next going to be on view to the public? Would quite fancy a gander!

Jamie

Lionel Richie

nothing exciting, its not fully mapped yet plus a few sensors here and there need sorting, it was "thrown" together a bit to make the autosport show, drove it back to the workshop ok, couldn't go above 3krpm though

nothing exciting, its not fully mapped yet plus a few sensors here and there need sorting, it was "thrown" together a bit to make the autosport show, drove it back to the workshop ok, couldn't go above 3krpm though

That'd be because I set the limiter at 3Krpm to stop anyone getting over excited before it was fully mapped ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

bit of a weird update then......not on the 172 as it were

so years ago i owned SDV (as it was known)
e68043e5.jpg

100_2606.jpg

i loved the car, but sold it for the right price....always wanted another again as i am really a massvie fan of the mark 1's, so much character, they have SOMETHING the mark 2's - 3's don't,

so whilst the 172 is having the final touches done at BTM Performance and Tour-De-Force...(you can't rush perfection...lol) i got fed up of asking / relying on others for lifts etc, i asked about to borrow cars, and as you would expect hardly anything....then a friend offered me his williams.

The member who offered it to me is an old school member off here, and the car, well for you knew school members / non locals this car was a bit of a legend.
The member runs his own farm so is constantly busy, expectedly the car doesn't get used much and therefore kind of takes a back seat...
i thought as he so kindly has let me borrow it for a while, why not give it a proper good clean..
i took 2 days off work and set about it yesterday, it took 3 hours to get through the interior yesterday, hoovering, brushing, polishing etc etc...

DUF4.jpg

interior done...

So today was set aside for the exterior, was a pain, dodging the rain, sleet and hail...and freezing wind...lol, had it all today it seemed, i started at 10.30 and finished at 5pm..Autoglym SRP, EGP, then Poorboys Nattys blue....i am quite happy with the outcome...

DUF1.jpg

DUF3.jpg

DUF2.jpg

i must say a massive thankyou to that member, i hope he is happy with the outcome too. I will also take this opportunity to say that i think this will be for sale when i have finished using it, i am sure the member will be along to confirm this and see the pics

enjoy, comments welcome.

love driving it, nothing like a mark 1, however the mark 2's are deffo easier to clean for sure...lol

Got to wonder why you are allowed 2 threads with the same content, and yet when I did that the thread that wasnt my progress thread got locked!

Not a dig at you ph-reebone, more CS administrative/moderating inconsistencies

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Got to wonder why you are allowed 2 threads with the same content, and yet when I did that the thread that wasnt my progress thread got locked!

Not a dig at you ph-reebone, more CS administrative/moderating inconsistencies

no worries mate

didn't know you couldn't do that, this thread is about the 172....the temporary addition of the williams is nowt to do with it really
the williams thread is purely about the williams really....

why would it be a problem? hope they don't delete one of them...if its a problem i hope they just warn me for next time

dunno mate, I got told off for having 'two threads with the same content' though. Admittedly I was posting about a new mod in a new thread, and in my progress thread.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

saw your car the other night at Fred's...couldn't stop looking at it! Nice work mate!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

dunno mate, I got told off for having 'two threads with the same content' though. Admittedly I was posting about a new mod in a new thread, and in my progress thread.

i can't think its favoritism, i am not exactly the mods favorite...lol

saw your car the other night at Fred's...couldn't stop looking at it! Nice work mate!

cheers mate, i may be speaking to you again shortly about some aero wipers for a Bini..

clio mk2 ph1 172

saw the beast today @ freds and seeing pics on hear doesnt do the car justice compared to seeing it in the flesh!

defo the best 172 i have seen imo well done mate!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

saw the beast today @ freds and seeing pics on hear doesnt do the car justice compared to seeing it in the flesh!

defo the best 172 i have seen imo well done mate!

just reading your exhaust fitment thread, glad you are happy with freds work, top bloke and genius

thanks for the kind words, appreciate that

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i have been looking into some different seats recently and there is a very good chance that the seats currently in the car (Sparco Evo's), + the custom sidemounts and subframes will be up for sale, i am not as of yet posting in the for sale section as i am not 100% sure but i thought i would post here to generate interest,

please pm me for details

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

what?! them seats are gorgeous mate why you changing?

Good work, lovely clio this!

Off topic do you know if the Yorkshire Old Skooler cruise from last October has been in yet? If not do you know when it will be?

Cheers :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Good work, lovely clio this!
Off topic do you know if the Yorkshire Old Skooler cruise from last October has been in yet? If not do you know when it will be?
Cheers :)

thankyou, i will research the cruise for you, glenn does nearly all the cruises, although i lay them out in the mag sometimes i don't even know which one it is...(i do a few...lol)

More poke than viagr

Havnt checked in here for a while but saw your car at auto sport a few weeks back...saw you aswell as it goes, was waiting to talk to you but you were busy with someone else and i got bored lol.

Yep definatly one of the best 172's ive ever seen aswell, really stunning to see it in the flesh :D

ooooo free hat!!!! When does it hit the shops?

Ahh, hang on ive got some cool pics that may interest you, ill PM them over ;)

Qashcow

well done on the cover mate, i assume you did it yourself too? when is it out?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Havnt checked in here for a while but saw your car at auto sport a few weeks back...saw you aswell as it goes, was waiting to talk to you but you were busy with someone else and i got bored lol.

Yep definatly one of the best 172's ive ever seen aswell, really stunning to see it in the flesh :D

ooooo free hat!!!! When does it hit the shops?

Ahh, hang on ive got some cool pics that may interest you, ill PM them over ;)

thanks for the pm, i will speak to the guys about that...thanks for the kind words also

well done on the cover mate, i assume you did it yourself too? when is it out?

cheers bud, appreciated, out wednesday

Qashcow

am passenger in a road trip on saturday, so will be purchasing it for that. i look forward to the time i'll have with the cover and your face ;)