ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i have been looking and found this...

renault_clio.jpg

http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/cgi...t-heated-windscreens.html#a7248AGNH#a7248AGNH

£205, i would get the money back from the roof scoop, be able to sell my cup / low spec blower also and buy this, and maybe even sell my nearly new current screen... i am seriously tempted with the heated screen now, just so much easier.

Last edited:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i think i am pretty mch decided that the blowers are going now and a heated windscreen will be going in instead.
so i will be looking at welding over the holes left by the blower/heaters, however i am unsure where the hoses (that go to the heater/blower) go/come from, if anyones knows or can inform me better that would be great.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Look in my thread I recently showed how I re-routed/deleted my heater matrix. Buy a 180degreed bend and it makes it all a lot neater

Befor

IMG_5075.jpg

After

IMG_5081.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
ah.... freaking awesome, right, better get onto samco for some more yellow hose then...
get the windscreen, blower/heater and roof scoop up for sale

ORDERING: one of these
sam_elbow-180-y.jpg

and one of these
sam_joiner-alloy.jpg

that all i need then?

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
Chris!! Is there anything yo don't know about these cars? You probably forget more about f4rs than most local grease monkeys will ever know lol

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah you will need those parts Neil. 19mm tubing iirc.

You will also need some hose clips too as it might leak if you just push the metal bit in.

I know my stuff, although the more I learn about f4r's ect the more Uni work gets pushed out the other side lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
So i went down to do a few little jobs on the clio today, there is considerably less to do now i am removing all the blowers/heaters etc, however it will mean some jobs to cover this...
first up i removed the blower/heater bits, this didn't take long as it was only in roughly...(these bits are both up for sale now...cup set-up anyone?)

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

with those bits gone it leaves some nice big gaps in the firewall / dash area so next up was to may some templates so i can cut some metal right to weld in instead...

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734-1.jpg

i am thinking i may leave the tope one, this is only for blowers to the windows usually but i think i may recess my switches here and tuck my wires up in this dash section to keep the interior nice and tidy.
once this was done and set about the other few little jobs i needed to do, first up was the hole where the battery cable was coming through the firewall, it needed enlarging so the gromit could sit in there.... job done...

IMG_0730-1.jpg

and whilst i had the air-line out i then set about the other holes i needed in the car that i will be bolting the passenger footrest and also the battery bracket too....

IMG_0731.jpg

POW, jobs a good'un, thats enough of power tools today...
butr i kept the airline out so i could use the drainer and drain the brake fluid from the system, with that empty, the car jacked up and all the wheels removed i set about bleeding the system and adding new fluid to compliment the new carbon lorraine pads that have gone on, gave it a good load of fluid and quite a few bleeds, happy days.
filled up with this fine stuff...

IMG_0735-1.jpg

whilst i was doing the brakes my missus also turned up, weird i thought but she come bearing gifts, i asked her a little while ago to make some pull straps for me for the door-cards as she works in soft furnishings i thought it would be a peice of p*ss and it was apparently, awesome,

IMG_0736.jpg

a few bits done again today then, but again doesn't feel like i have done much, oh well

Charged Superleggera
coming together brilliantly Neil. Interior should be sweet once finished. Whens the digital dash getting wired in?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Great choice in loosing the blowers. Interior will look so much neater now. My loom is in the bulk head and my wires come out of the gap on the right. I found there's not much room underneath the mk1 dashes for loom unless it's very thin.

Door pulls look sweet too!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
coming together brilliantly Neil. Interior should be sweet once finished. Whens the digital dash getting wired in?

the car needs to get on the road first, then i will be heading up to Tour-De-Force to get that wired in and get the car re-mapped as it will have a totally different exhaust on it.... so still a fair while off yet sadly...

Great choice in loosing the blowers. Interior will look so much neater now. My loom is in the bulk head and my wires come out of the gap on the right. I found there's not much room underneath the mk1 dashes for loom unless it's very thin. Door pulls look sweet too!

yeah i am happy with that decision now, just need rid of all the other bits, i will probably drill a hole from the bulk head into the bit that sits directly under the windscreen (the bit were air gets forced in by the blowers (in the top middle) and then comes back out through the little slits), i will then run all my wires through this, and probably as mentioned put all my switches in this little gap at the top middle... that will keep them nice and tidy and out of the way.... you follow?

Looks good Neil, I think I'll be leaving my heater matrix in. Maybe it'll go one day.....

rubbish, all that talk and no action...lol
are you running cup spec alternator / blower set-up mate?

should get a group buy going on those door straps neil!

i will have a word, lol, if there was demand i am sure she would do it...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
sorry if anyones already asked but are the poly carbs a DIY job or not ???

nah mate, they are from acw motorsport plastics, there is a club discount from them i sorted, you'll find the thread in the group buy section...
i need to get started on the loom soon, i can't imagine there will be much left of that once i have done...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry man I ment fitting ? Like is it easy enough to do yourself ?

i imagine its not that hard, i had all my old windows cut out by a professional and the deal is they put all the new ones back in, i am happy with this as i want them to be 100%, sure there are some on here that have done it themselves

Nah not yet. Maybe next bonus I'll do it.
Just having my cage fitted, so that'll do for now :)

you do know i am selling my non air-con/non-re-circ setup....its not much bucks either....and easy to fit/swap, especially with dumb and dumber helping also...lol