ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The end of my 2 week old 197

Evo
Ever since i saw a 172 cup on the way to school many years back i always wanted a renaultsport.
Over the past two years i been saving up for my very own 197, and after volunteering for two afghanistan tours and £18,000 later i was set to get one.

Took delivery two weeks ago and i couldnt have been happier with my white 197 cup.
And then yesterday with only 300 miles on the clock some old women t-boned me into the barrier at a roundabout and wrote it off :(

What a waste of an amazing car, next time i wont bother!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Gutted for you mate.. however the bright side is its insured so you will be able to get another one!!!

Dont let a nob like her put you off another one :)

Evo
Shes trying to blame me for it, despite my rear quatres damaged and her fronts damaged.
So its set to drag on an eternity as they try and find blame.

Iceberg 172
Gutted, but surely with only 300 miles on it you'll get a new one as replacement?

She needs a good slap in the insurance premium ;)

White cars in winter FTL though :D

Iceberg 172
Shes trying to blame me for it, despite my rear quatres damaged and her fronts damaged.
So its set to drag on an eternity as they try and find blame.

I guess that depends on whether you pulled out in front of her, or whether she hit you from behind-ish then? :S

Evo
I was indicating off the r.about from the inside and coming to the outside lane, she tried to take me round the outside in a rush for the next exit.

And in a foul swoop one crappy old mk1 clio destroyed a brand new 197. And people say theres a god

Evo
doesnt make a difference whos fault it was does it?
youll get a new car regardless

When your 21 and previously a named driver ( so 0 no claims ) insuring a 197 wasnt easy to start with mate lol, to take the blame for this would cripple me, financially.

E87 118d M Sport
i see what you mean! i imagine the insurance was high (im 21 too, but mine was a proper bargain at £500 fully comp - but then i have 3 yrs no claims)

Evo
Surely your insurance will have you in a new one ASAP matey??

What with the way the countries going car manufacturers arent exactly building alotta cars atm.
Had to wait 4 months previously for the order to come through with the options, probaly looking at that again.

mk4 golf gttdi180
thats pissed all over your christmas .sorry for your loss mate .and your next insurance will be a utter stinger so looks like youll be in the 172 you previously desired

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Makes you wonder why you bother having anything nice when things like this happen :dapprove:

Clio 197
Mate that’s a right s***er, just before xmas as well.

Had some tool cut me up on a roundabout the other day as well, had to slam my brakes on as he was pushing me on to central reservation into a railing.

So many incapably drivers out there its unreal.

Did you not take out GAP I have this on my car, and they will replace the car straight away for you.

Last edited:
  182 FF
gutted for you mate she must have hit you hard to rite the car off make sure you sew her for whiplash too

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Sh***er mate, it really does make you wonder why you bother buying anything nice that you really want. Other people are sure to f**k it up

Last edited:
  Corsa Van. Meh.
Hope you get it sorted mate and it doesn't take long for you to get bacvk into an RS seat!

197-I love!!!
Terrible,hope you get it sorted.My Missus was hit by someone coming out of their drive into the main road,she just didn't stop.Her insurance company tried to blame my Missus,ridiculous.Apparently insurance companies try this if they can,anyway we told them no way and in the end they didn't have a leg to stand on.Stick to your guns,good luck.

Mini Cooper S sport
Noooooooo :( can't believe that - a brand new Cup written off. Can't imagine how I'd have felt if that happened to my Megane. Gutted for you, what a stupid old bint.

I hope insurance sorts it all out and you can get a brand new replacement.

320d
Gutted for you mate, could you not have just pressured her at the scene to take the blame if it was realy her fault. Mind you old people are so stubborn.

Hope its all sorted soon?

Gutted for you bud, as said though insurance will pay out for a new one.

Do you know someone on here ? As I think someone mention it the other week ?

gutted for you mate she must have hit you hard to rite the car off make sure you sew her for whiplash too
I hate that comment, it does my head in !!!!:mad:

Family Bus
Attacking people with needles isnt going to give them whiplash ;)

Sueing for no injury is what pushes insurance up.

Anyway.... sorry to hear that, must be soul destroying so soon after getting it. Dont be discouraged though, these things do happen as shitty as is it, hope it get sorted out for you!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Gutting :(

The way you describe it, sounds like it could go 50/50. Hopefully not though.

Check your policy wording as a lot of policies provide a brand new replacement if written off in first 12 months.

True whiplash whether neck or back kicks in 24-28 hours later following an accident, usually after sleeping as the body is in really one position.

If you have comp cover just have your own insurers sort your claim out and let them fight for recovery from third parties insurers.

Roundabout accidents are always difficult to deal with and have to admit a lot do end 50/50 splits.

Racing blue 182
surely they wil see it was her fault though if you have rear damage and she has front damage!
such a waste though :( gutted for you mate!
everything happens for a reason though!!!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Absolutely gutted for you mate :dapprove: especially after doin 2 voluntary tours in afghanistan to pay for it :(

You'll get another one through insurance, and you'll have nearly a year to keep fighting to keep the blame on her :nono: and off yourself.

If you bought it outright with your own saved up money :approve: would it really be that bad financially :S Obviously I don't know your financial situation, but it can't be that bad since you don't have to pay off any finance for the car

Correct me if I'm wrong :rolleyes: but you will get a replacement, and you'll have the best part of a year to still enjoy it, then you can sell up if the insurance renewal cost outweighs the loss you'll make on selling the car

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted asap, keep us updated

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
it'll go knock for knock, unless you have witnesses, same thign happened to me near enough but change old biddy for taxi driver.
took 2 years to settle it. but i home yours gets sorted alot quicker, you going to go for exactly the same car again? i dunno hwat i'd be like, i'd maybe pick a different colour or some thing which makes the new car look different from the origional.

2007 Clio 197
Hope it all gets sorted for you.

I haven't been driving day to day for the past 4 years and now I am the one thing I haven't missed is stupid, idiotic and clueless drivers. People who are so switched off that they are a timebomb.

Good luck!

Gutted for you mate, don't let it put you off though.

Terrible,hope you get it sorted.My Missus was hit by someone coming out of their drive into the main road,she just didn't stop.Her insurance company tried to blame my Missus,ridiculous.Apparently insurance companies try this if they can,anyway we told them no way and in the end they didn't have a leg to stand on.Stick to your guns,good luck.

I know someone like this except their car was parked up and they were no where near it at the time. Some idiot rear ended it and the insurance company tried to get 50/50. :rolleyes:

Evo
Is looking likely to go 50/50 atm due to the curcumstances they cant prove and lack of witnesses.

Obviously with it happening right on top of christmas a quick resolution isnt on the cards.
Spoke with the insurance company today and they said the likely course of action is to renew the chassis/shell and use all the original running gear and associated components.