ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Division 2

Anyone looking at this one? Open BETA this weekend.

I have not played the original, but have heard decent things. This one looks like it could be good fun.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Am looking forward to it. The first game was great about 6 months down the line.. all the feedback so far seems pretty good

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I picked up the original pretty much on release and regretted it.
Thought it was poor compared to the hype it came with. Sold it not long after and then heard they made it really good with a few updates.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely will try the open beta. The original was certainly a Marmite game - I know people who loved it and others (like myself) who quickly fell out of favour with it.

The No.1 issue for me was the bullet-sponge aspect, overlaying a game that was based on a lot of plausibility in an alternate current timeline. I just couldn't suspend my belief enough to enjoy a game where a handgun could surpass the damage rating of a high powered rifle.

That said, it was a good game to play - especially in co-op mode and both the graphics and audio were top notch. The season pass on PC for the original Division was down to a mere £3.99 a few weeks ago and is well worth it for that money.

It will be interesting to see how D2 pans out. It's far too arcadey to be compared to ARMA and yet too serious to be a COD-type game. It's a unique mish-mash of the two, wrapped in an RPG-genre blanket. Plus, its made Ubisoft a s**t-ton of money - so the series won't be being switched off at any point soon.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
I think i will wait until the price drops before buying it, beta was alright and will give it another go over the weekend.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I played the beta for the first one as I had really liked the look of it and being a big fan of Tom Clancy games (Splinter Cell in particular), but i found that it wasn’t that great, and was really meant to be played as part of a clan not solo which limited how much I could play it.
Hope the second one is more accommodating for single player

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
This might be an unpopular stance, but in Div1 I enjoyed the fact that time spent grinding for gear was rewarded in DZ PvP, I'm not advocating for the stomping of players with weak gear, but it was rewarding knowing that your grind was rewarded in terms of your power.

In Div2, all PvP is normalised, so any gear advantages are basically wiped out, which basically turns the PvP into more of a game mode, no doubt there will be a DZ battle royale etc.

I'm not sure I want this, you don't need the disparity the first game had, but I do feel like you need some reward for grinding for good gear.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
This might be an unpopular stance, but in Div1 I enjoyed the fact that time spent grinding for gear was rewarded in DZ PvP, I'm not advocating for the stomping of players with weak gear, but it was rewarding knowing that your grind was rewarded in terms of your power.

In Div2, all PvP is normalised, so any gear advantages are basically wiped out, which basically turns the PvP into more of a game mode, no doubt there will be a DZ battle royale etc.

I'm not sure I want this, you don't need the disparity the first game had, but I do feel like you need some reward for grinding for good gear.
That in a nutshell is why I much prefer PvE games than PvP and certainly Battle Royale game types. Players come an go to help with the objective - not because they've spent £££ on micro-transactions to stomp and rape through waves of newcomers to the game.

PvE games tend to better also, for your own heart rate and sanity compared to "WTF-bullshitz" shots both used and being a victim of, in PvP.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got this on PC. Created a character and done the 'initial' intro level.

So far, so good...... but this is what I thought at the beginning of Division 1 as well ;)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Loving this, I’m up at level 30 now and ready to start grinding DZ

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good then!

Looking forward to it. Really liked the setting of the previous game and this one really does look polished.

Looks like Ubisoft might have found their perfect cash cow. Keep improving on the previous game and the demand/sales will keep on coming.

I’d like to see something like this break the traditional 4-player cap. Maybe a 5 or 6 player squad - mix it up a little.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good then!

Looking forward to it. Really liked the setting of the previous game and this one really does look polished.

Looks like Ubisoft might have found their perfect cash cow. Keep improving on the previous game and the demand/sales will keep on coming.

I’d like to see something like this break the traditional 4-player cap. Maybe a 5 or 6 player squad - mix it up a little.
Raids are 8 player once they unlock in TD2!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So I generally play Xbox on my own these days - and suffered the same ambivalence towards The Division 1 as most others did.

...is The Division 2 worth it, therefore?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
So I generally play Xbox on my own these days - and suffered the same ambivalence towards The Division 1 as most others did.

...is The Division 2 worth it, therefore?
The first one was much improved after a lot of updates. The second builds off what made the first one great and expands on it

Didn't go backwards like Destiny 2

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's very well optimised - even this close to the initial release date.

First benchmark is for the custom settings (managed to crack 90fps on another run) with a couple of things set to Medium, like vegetation.

Make sure that if you're running the PC version, enable DX12 support in the options screen. I got a 10fps increase and lower CPU usage by doing so.

And with settings put to Ultra...

I think I'll try playing with both settings and see if the 20fps drop with all the bells & whistles on is actually noticeable.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Is it as bullet-spongey as the previous game?

Really (really) hoping its not...
Not for me, although I have high damage to elites %. The named enemies take a while to get through their armour but after that they tend to drop after 1 mag.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Put about 90 minutes of solo time into this over the weekend. So far, so good. Some of the elite enemies still retain that level of daftness where even a microscopic level of realism goes out the window. I captured a checkpoint with the assistance of some friendly AI agents. We took it over no trouble - then had to defend it again straight away.

One elite came in and partially got stuck on some scenery. While he twitched and moved a bit from being hit by a torrent of fire from a friendly minigun, I was taking headshots from a flanking spot. Took a good 20-30 seconds to take him down - but then again, it did look like he had one seriously protective backpack. :LOL:

I do hope it doesn't slide into the meaningless level grind that plagued both the original game and the likes of Dead Island. I've suspiciously noticed a LOT of enemies at level 4, when conveniently I'm at level 3. When I'm 16, will they be 17? If level 5,023 existed, will the enemies be level 5,024? It all quickly becomes meaningless - to an extent that you'd kind of wish that the leveling system wasn't the be all and end all that it clearly is.

Audi s3
I do hope it doesn't slide into the meaningless level grind that plagued both the original game and the likes of Dead Island. I've suspiciously noticed a LOT of enemies at level 4, when conveniently I'm at level 3. When I'm 16, will they be 17? If level 5,023 existed, will the enemies be level 5,024? It all quickly becomes meaningless - to an extent that you'd kind of wish that the leveling system wasn't the be all and end all that it clearly is.

If you crack on with side missions and checkpoints you'll soon be a higher level, I'd leave side mission till all main missions are done,you get a third of a level when you do side missions so for talking sake level 25-26 takes 300,000 xp doing a side mission at that level will give you 100,000 whereas 5-6 would only give you 12,000.

I'm gs451 just waiting for world tier 5 to come out. Game has been great so far

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Knocking on the door of level 20 in the campaign. Only had one crash so far and a broken quest where going down one level and then back up, made the quest marker still visible, but the target to kill was nowhere in sight.

Visually, it's great. The same goes for the audio. But in terms of longevity - it isn't there for me. I think once I complete the campaign, that will be it and I'll uninstall it. The pointless numbers grind still nags at me a little - though not as much as initially - nor as badly as in the original game. I had one side mission lined up where I wanted to finish off a few other bits and then got distracted elsewhere. At that point, the side mission was a level below my current rank and once I'd come back from my detour, I was a further two ranks ahead. Yet the game saw fit to also increase the ranks of the side mission by the same level, so yet again, it was just one level below me.

That breaks one of the core fundamentals of any RPG-based game. You start off - get your nuts busted, then return to that point an hour or two later and wipe the floor with them. There a sense of achievement in doing that - you've navigated other areas of the game to teach and train your character(s) new skills and abilities - usually with much better equipment too. When through no fault of your own, your original threat has magically improved themselves to be on your par, you do get to think about what the whole point of levels and stats actually are. You don't walk back to New Tristram in Diablo 3, only to find that the shuffling undead you encounter right at the start, now have the bases stats to match Diablo himself - all because you're now Level 89.

As a knock-on of that, I rarely pay much attention to the kit I'm actually using. The rapid rate at which you find kit that easily surpasses your own, makes coveted items less appealing. There's no real alchemy of items going on here - pair that item with that to get a much bigger result. It's all a bit meh - I'll equip that purple coloured item because its got 110 points more damage than the blue one before it.

Hasn't similar things been said about Elite Dangerous? The scope of the game is about a mile wide, yet the gameplay is but an inch deep.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Completed the main campaign and got the game to 'reset' to World Tier 1.

I don't think I'll redoing and recapturing all those points I'd captured before....

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Completed the main campaign and got the game to 'reset' to World Tier 1.

I don't think I'll redoing and recapturing all those points I'd captured before....
That's kind of the point. They keep getting taken over and you have to go get them again

WT5 is end game

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Really not a fan of the gear pieces on this. I have true patriot bits on currently, mainly as the attributes are too high to ignore. As the gear set buffs rotate every few seconds, I have to look at the enemy and try and remember what icon is what, by the time I’ve figured that out it’s changed to a different one. I’m sure it doesn’t take long to get used to, but it’s just a bit annoying. Oh and the dark zone is rubbish as well. 1 massive dark zone was so much better than 3 small ones.

I’m pretty sure ‘on the ropes’ is bugged for me. When skills are on cooldown my weapon damage increases maybe once every 10 times.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Don't know how anyone can play this on their own. Must have more patience than me. Doesn’t seem to be any level of matchmaking, you’re just thrown in with anyone. Either the players are s**t or it’s a couple of friends who will just kick you out in the middle of the dark zone. I miss The Division.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That's kind of the point. They keep getting taken over and you have to go get them again

WT5 is end game

Seriously? I don't think there has been a calculated number long enough to give you the damage figure from your bright pink, Eagle-emblazoned M1911, by that stage. Headshot = 1,264,723,479,347,938,478,237,482,340,918,309,283,017,498,737,823,784,783,167,436,746,314,636,423,194,738,098 DPS - pretty much Death Star standards. All the while, I take it yocals are still assisting you fighting back dressed in no more than t-shirts and jeans?

I'm not really quite sure how anyone would even have the patience to get that far? Thanks D2 - although massively flawed, you were much more enjoyable than D1 - but I'm definitely out now.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Seriously? I don't think there has been a calculated number long enough to give you the damage figure from your bright pink, Eagle-emblazoned M1911, by that stage. Headshot = 1,264,723,479,347,938,478,237,482,340,918,309,283,017,498,737,823,784,783,167,436,746,314,636,423,194,738,098 DPS - pretty much Death Star standards. All the while, I take it yocals are still assisting you fighting back dressed in no more than t-shirts and jeans?

I'm not really quite sure how anyone would even have the patience to get that far? Thanks D2 - although massively flawed, you were much more enjoyable than D1 - but I'm definitely out now.
It doesn't take long to bump up the WTs. Might be like 2 or 3 missions and a stronghold to progress up to the next tier